• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbum

darkside31337 said:
They want you to watch football. Never cave in.

Well the Mets take the series. Now the Giants are in the picture for the wildcard as well.
Can the Braves win a game in Miami? They are facing 3 good pitchers.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Dmncnby2k9 said:
Fuck ESPN. All they care about is American Football! Ruben Tejada should start next year.
i prefer it this way, don't have to listen to their announcers. Although it does suck if you want to go to a bar, no one plays baseball in my area (mainly because its rarely on tv anyway)

Doytch

Windu said:
i prefer it this way, don't have to listen to their announcers. Although it does suck if you want to go to a bar, no one plays baseball in my area (mainly because its rarely on tv anyway)
Man I wanted to watch Strasmas yesterday (blacked out in NC), and all the stupid bars here were playing college football. I guess they'll add college basketball to the schedule soon, too.

Windu said:
Yea, I def. agree with you. Plus, I really enjoy MLB Network.

diddles

Banned
wooo go rays. maybe if we can dominate new york now and make the playoffs, it could actually set us up for playing really well right into the postseason?

diddles

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Wait there are other people here on this planet who root for the Rays? I don't feel so special now.

i pop in here once in a while. you'll also see me rooting for angels, dodgers, and marlins too (so.cal + florida theme). gotta hedge your bets.

Horrible loss for Atlanta. Giants are about to be only 4 games back.

I know a 3.5- or 4.0-game lead with 9 left to play is pretty high, but the Giants are red hot right now and very scary. They are going on a 2007 Rockies-like run.

Sanjuro

XrMgh.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Boston has 3 games against us too though. So I guess it depends on if we want to play boston hard just to give them the shitz.

Sanjuro

Y2Kev said:
Boston has 3 games against us too though. So I guess it depends on if we want to play boston hard just to give them the shitz.
Both of our teams are too similar. Last few weeks of the season? 100% shitz.

Doytch

The_Inquisitor said:
God damn man.

Rangers 6 away. Cowboys win. Good day in Dallas. Very motivated to go study for my FE some more.
Were you (re)watching The Good, The Bad and the Ugly today like me!?

Sanjuro

sf2fanatic said:
I guess u guys are right. So much shit to do in so cal. Why watch a baseball game..

:jnc
I hate that argument too. I remember some fan on here trying to reason with me that they arrive in the third / leave during the seventh because of nice weather or some bullshit.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
Yup. I was one of eight people at the Padres - Dodgers game the other day.
I'm sure the rest of the people were just using the ballpark as a shelter for domestic abuse from MLB players.

Code:
Playoff Odds at the end of play on September 18

[U]AMERICAN LEAGUE[/U]
Tigers  -- 100% (clinched AL Central title 9/16)
Yankees -- 99.4% (leading AL East by 4.5, 11 games remaining)
Rangers -- 96.7% (leading AL West by 4.5, 9 games remaining)
Red Sox -- 90.3% (leading AL Wild Card by 2.0, 10 games remaining)
Rays    -- 8.6% (trailing AL Wild Card by 2.0, 10 games remaining)
Angels  -- 5.1% (trailing AL Wild Card by 4.0, 10 games remaining)

[U]NATIONAL LEAGUE[/U]
Phillies     -- 100% (clinched NL East title 9/17)
Brewers      -- 99.9% (leading NL Central by 6.5, 9 games remaining)
Diamondbacks -- 98.0% (leading NL West by 5.0, 9 games remaining)
Braves       -- 88.8% (leading NL Wild Card by 3.5, 9 games remaining)
Cardinals    -- 8.1% (trailing NL Wild Card by 3.5, 10 games remaining)
Giants       -- 5.1% (trailing NL Wild Card by 4.0, 9 games remaining)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom