• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
eznark said:
What were the Braves odds a week ago?

Even after getting swept in three games by the Cardinals and holding a 4.5-game lead, the Braves' odds at the end of play on 9/11 were 93.1%.

They are seriously choking it up big time.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
AnEternalEnigma said:
Giants are only four back of the Braves now. At the rate both teams are going, it's within the realm of possibility.
Giants have 3 with diamondbacks though so that could play huge in who gets what.

Talon

AnEternalEnigma said:
Even after getting swept in three games by the Cardinals and holding a 4.5-game lead, the Braves' odds at the end of play on 9/11 were 93.1%.

They are seriously choking it up big time.
Well, we're facing the Nats next, so we're pretty much fucked.

Carlbeego

evil solrac v3.0 said:
the way the Yankees are playing too, Rays can at least take two of three this next series. Braves look like they'll limp into the playoffs.

4 game series with the Yanks.

Tuesday or Wednesday is a double header.

verbum

Windu said:
pfft, we're not the mets
They just beat us 2 of 3.
It's amazing how bad our pitching has gotten. I know we have two starters out but right now the only pitcher I trust on our staff is Hudson.
What happened to Heyward's "power"? He should start licking his bat if he's going to keep it in the infield all the time.

eznark

Banned
How awesome would it be (apologies to Braves fans) if both the AL and NL wild card races go to the last weekend?

The only downside is that the ensuing excitement would bolster the people who want to expand the playoffs.

MikeFrancesaPhotoRealism.jpg

verbum

eznark said:
How awesome would it be (apologies to Braves fans) if both the AL and NL wild card races go to the last weekend?

The only downside is that the ensuing excitement would bolster the people who want to expand the playoffs.

I'm looking for one game playoffs to decide the WC.

Cornbread78

Fu(king Sox, WTF.....Seriously Crawford has been the biggest waste of cash this year, along with Nancy Drew, arrggh. The Sox are screwed and are going to blow a 9 game lead in one month... Sad, sad, sad.....

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Cornbread78 said:
Fu(king Sox, WTF.....Seriously Crawford has been the biggest waste of cash this year, along with Nancy Drew, arrggh. The Sox are screwed and are going to blow a 9 game lead in one month... Sad, sad, sad.....
It's cool, Matusz is going for the Orioles tonight.

eznark said:

You don't want the playoffs to be expanded at all? Adding a WC for each league would be nice, and have them play a one or three game series.

Doytch

Dmncnby2k9 said:
You don't want the playoffs to be expanded at all? Adding a WC for each league would be nice, and have them play a one or three game series.
I wouldn't want them to be. Just adds to the crapshoot aspect of the playoffs which I don't really love.

eznark

Banned
Dmncnby2k9 said:

Nope, not even a little bit. As you expand the playoffs the regular season gets more and more meaningless. Personally I'd prefer the two division system with a balanced schedule, a 7 game N/ALCS followed by the World Series. Fuck 4 divisions and wild cards.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
I wouldn't want them to be. Just adds to the crapshoot aspect of the playoffs which I don't really love.

I agree with this but that's exactly why I want another WC spot for each league. Two WC teams play a 3 game play in series (all 3 games are homes for whoever finished 4th in standings) and play who has the best overall record in the league on the day after.

Basically gives incentive to each team to actually try to win their own division. Creates more playoff dorama by adding another spot. And also creates a bit of incentive to try to gun for the best record possible as you'll be playing against a team that is on no rest. And makes it incredibly difficult for the team that finishes in 5th to win the WS as it should be.

I was looking forward to boring-ass September baseball after the heartattacks last year. But the Braves went and made it interesting.

It's even worse this year because there's not the excuse of Chipper and Prado going down with season-ending injuries. Team just sucks right now.

You know Buck Showalter wants to beat the Red Sox so he can like a genius. He was one of the people who said not to discount the Rays from the race.

jman2050

beast786 said:
What are the chances tigers catch up on the Yankees?

Cheering for the rays ;P

They probably have an okay chance. Especially considering the Yankees schedule to end the year.

The only thing it could possibly affect in the playoffs is home-field in the ALCS between the two teams though.

Scott Diamond

This guy's name screams career AAA pitcher.

(I almost started the Indians David Huff this week in fantasy because he faces two crappy offenses in SEA and MIN and two crappy pitchers with journeyman sounding names and stats-- Charlie Furbush and Scott Diamond.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom