• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
GitarooMan said:
I think you can start to make an argument that Lackey is the worst free-agent signing in Red Sox history.

You can argue he's not even the worst contract currently on the Red Sox. Carl Crawford had a "neck" injury today. Maybe John Lackey should have caught the stomach flu today.

Sanjuro

GitarooMan said:
I think you can start to make an argument that Lackey is the worst free-agent signing in Red Sox history.
There are different sides to this.

Is he the worst performing free agent? Yes.
Was he the worst singing? No, because for that off-season he would have been getting paid by anyone looking for a pitcher. Was still the right thing to do no matter how much he sucks.

darkside31337 said:
You can argue he's not even the worst contract currently on the Red Sox. Carl Crawford had a "neck" injury today. Maybe John Lackey should have caught the stomach flu today.
Crawford has had a shitty year for sure, but Lackey has like a 6.35 ERA in 150+ innings, it's borderline incomprehensible how bad he is for 15+ million dollars. I guess the question is on which contract are they going to have to eat more money down the road when they dump them.

Was he the worst singing? No, because for that off-season he would have been getting paid by anyone looking for a pitcher. Was still the right thing to do no matter how much he sucks.
Ehhhh, I still don't know if it was the "right thing" at the thing because the Red Sox broke their rules on long term contract for pitchers, which was questionable at the time for a marginal talent workhorse who everyone had doubts about as a AL East starter, and the Sox weren't desperately in need of him. I actually think last year wasn't a total disaster for him, but this year is just bafflingly bad.

Sanjuro

Scutaro is the best FA signing!

MRy5Y.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays don't have a chance. Orioles are so god damn bad. Rays will have take matters into their own hands and just beat the Yankees 7 times in a row to get themselves in.

carlos

Heh, Minor has an 0-2 count, so he goes and grooves one right down the middle for a Morrison HR...I hate McCanns pitch calling

We're watching history here, folks epic collapse in progress!

Sanjuro

Come on, you have two perfectly good Florida teams to contract first. Baltimore fans exist. They just hate their lives too much to come out.

Lackey and Burnett should do some sitcom together. It could be about how they both used to be prominent pitchers but turned into shit so they decided to quit and star in a sitcom together.

Sanjuro

Mariano could make cameos every episode. Walking into the room when they both get into a homosexual predicament which usually involves a lubed up gator.

Sharp

AnEternalEnigma said:
Mariano Rivera wishes he could have a 1.02 ERA like Eric O'Flaherty.

Thanks for letting the Braves have him for nothing, Mariners!
O'Flaherty has quite quietly had probably the luckiest pitching season in the majors.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sharp said:
O'Flaherty has quite quietly had probably the luckiest pitching season in the majors.
yeah i always cross my fingers when a righty comes to the plate, he is a loogy and nothing more.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Mariano could make cameos every episode. Walking into the room when they both get into a homosexual predicament which usually involves a lubed up gator.

Hahaha it could be like a catchphrase every week. "MO YOU GOTTA GET US OUTTA THIS!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom