• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

"This is one of those records that I don't think will ever be broken. Not in my lifetime."

What was that, idiotic MLB Network talking head [Dan Plesac]? The record that just got broken will never be broken again? How can it possibly be unbreakable???

Sharp

Doytch said:
"This is one of those records that I don't think will ever be broken. Not in my lifetime."

What was that, idiotic MLB Network talking head [Dan Plesac]? The record that just got broken will never be broken again? How can it possibly be unbreakable???
If he's talking about the 602 thing, pretty sure that will get broken sometime within the next few days.

Doytch said:

He meant Larry Bowa's lifetime, though he shouldn't be wishing on anybody's life.

I cannot believe what I just watched on that Braves game.

0-2 to Bonafacio and he hits a chopper that Chipper loses in the poorly-positioned lights at Sun Life Stadium. Then Omar Infante, he of 5 home runs all year, hits a walk-off.

I don't understand it.

Malo

Banned
Joe Shlabotnik said:
Missed this before--he knocked in a run but tried to "stretch" a double into a "triple". Throw beat him by about seven feet, end of inning.

Anyway, 13-9 now.
He must of thought he was 21 again.

Never put your hope into the Orioles, never.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sharp said:
Wasn't Jango saying the Orioles would have a better record than the Nats back in April or May?
he seemed to be saying they would have a better record than most teams back in may.

Game now officially Lackey-proof.

Edit: Haha, beaten

evil solrac v3.0 said:
do the rays still gain half a game even if the sox win?

Nah, why would they? Yankees win has no bearing on the WC, Boston win/loss cancel each other out... but then I'm awful at math so I may be missing something. Rays didn't play tonight so they could only pick up one game with two Boston losses.

Sharp

Windu said:
he seemed to be saying they would have a better record than most teams back in may.
They did have some exciting young pitching prospects, and the major league record holder for holds. Oh, and Vlad! That's got to be worth something, right?

verbum

The Braves losing streak is like a deadly snake uncoiling as the days go by. It is fascinating. All one can do is watch in awe.

7-12 since September 1.

verbum said:
The Braves losing streak is like a deadly snake uncoiling as the days go by. It is fascinating. All one can do is watch in awe.

7-12 since September 1.

It's not really a losing streak. It's just a really bad stretch. They have one or two games where you think it's finally turned around. Then they have games like yesterday and today where they shit the bed and go completely backwards.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
barry-bonds.jpg

Malo

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Ian Kennedy is a stud. Legit.
Even though he's doing it in the nl west, I never thought he would be pitching this good and be the better pitcher out of Hughes and Chamberlain at this time.

clemenx

Banned
rekameohs said:
8 inning 1 hitter for Ian Kennedy. 20 game winner. I still have no idea why he has a red beard and brown hair.
It happens. Most of my goatee is red-ish. My friends insist that I dye my facial hair :(

IPK was supposed to be part of the Three Kings with Joba and Phil Phranchise.

The trade of IPK got us Granderson though, so I'm not mad...but it's a little bittersweet to know that our guy's out there kicking ass, but not with us.

Phil Phranchise got Verducci'd this season, so I hope he'll return to excellence next season. Joba's got a lot of work to do to live up to his potential, and I hope that his post-Tommy John arm will restore the epic velocity he used to dominate. It's nice to see that at least IPK is being what he can be, even if it's in the NLol Worst.

Malo

Banned
captmcblack said:
IPK was supposed to be part of the Three Kings with Joba and Phil Phranchise.

The trade of IPK got us Granderson though, so I'm not mad...but it's a little bittersweet to know that our guy's out there kicking ass, but not with us.

Phil Phranchise got Verducci'd this season, so I hope he'll return to excellence next season. Joba's got a lot of work to do to live up to his potential, and I hope that his post-Tommy John arm will restore the epic velocity he used to dominate. It's nice to see that at least IPK is being what he can be, even if it's in the NLol Worst.
That three team trade seems to have worked out for everyone. It's nice to see Kennedy doing well even if it isn't with us. Joba has never been the same since that injury against Texas in 08, hopefully he can bounce back after Tommy John surgery. I'm hoping what was wrong with Hughes this season was the Verducci effect and he can comeback strong next season, but I have my worries.

Code:
Playoff Odds at the end of September 19

[U]AMERICAN LEAGUE[/U]
Tigers  -- 100% (clinched AL Central title 9/16)
Yankees -- 99.6% (lead AL East by 5.0; 10 games remaining)
Rangers -- 98.1% (lead AL West by 5.0; 9 games remaining)
Red Sox -- 90.7% (lead AL Wild Card by 2.0; 8 games remaining)
Rays    -- 8.9% (trail AL Wild Card by 2.0; 10 games remaining)
Angels  -- 2.6% (trail AL Wild Card by 4.5; 9 games remaining)

[U]NATIONAL LEAGUE[/U]
Phillies     -- 100% (clinched NL East title 9/17)
Brewers      -- 99.9% (lead NL Central by 5.5; 8 games remaining)
Diamondbacks -- 99.0% (lead NL West by 5.0; 9 games remaining)
Braves       -- 78.2% (lead NL Wild Card by 2.5; 8 games remaining)
Cardinals    -- 17.7% (trail NL Wild Card by 2.5; 9 games remaining)
Giants       -- 5.2% (trail NL Wild Card by 3.5; 9 games remaining)

[U]MATHEMATICAL ELIMINATIONS[/U]
-- Blue Jays, AL Wild Card
-- Indians, AL Wild Card

methodman

Banned
Puddles said:
Kershaw's got the Cy Young in the bag after that Halladay loss. Unless he blows it, that is.
He's going to have his bullpen lose him a 0-0 lead in the 9th against Lincecum tonight but beat the DBacks later this month (next week?). Thanks Kershaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom