• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bwJsL.jpg

Has risen.

jman2050

clemenx said:
Has any of Jesus' HRs been pulled? It seems the Yankees bred him to use the short porch.

He destroyed an inside fastball from Dan Haren two(?) weeks ago to left field. So he definitely has the talent to turn on a pitch and hit it out of the park.

Maybe this is sacrilegious but Jesus's swing kinda looks like Jeter with power.

EDIT - Or was it Weaver... it was one of them.

Carlbeego

jman2050 said:
He destroyed an inside fastball from Dan Haren two(?) weeks ago to left field. So he definitely has the talent to turn on a pitch and hit it out of the park.

Maybe this is sacrilegious but Jesus's swing kinda looks like Jeter with power.

It was Weaver. 1-2 fastball. I was at the game :)

SuperMalo said:
How are the meltdowns? I might read through it.

meh.

stolen from RAB, a throwback from Gammons:

“Of course CC Sabathia will be a major contributor to the Yankees this season, but one NL scout said, “for the $158 million difference, [22-year-old] Junichi Tazawa might have been the most important long-term signing of this offseason. Seven years from now, Tazawa will be 29, have four prime years of his career performed for less than one year for Sabathia. CC will be 36 [in 2016].”

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
What the fuck, is there seriously no Tampa broadcaster for this game...? Or does MLB.tv just not have them tonight.

It's not on TV. Seriously. Mock the shit out of this pathetic state because I'm with you.

Meohsix

Doytch said:
What the fuck, is there seriously no Tampa broadcaster for this game...? Or does MLB.tv just not have them tonight.

the game is not on in Florida AT ALL. W.T.F
sun sports (the channel that shows all the rays games) is showing some shitty college football game.

Doytch

George said:
the game is not on in Florida AT ALL. W.T.F
sun sports (the channel that shows all the rays games) is showing some shitty college football game.
MLB doesn't even have a radio feed listed. EL OH EL.

jman2050

I still don't know what MLB was thinking trying to put professional baseball teams in Florida.

I lived there for over a decade. They don't care.

They never will.

Doytch

jman2050 said:
I still don't know what MLB was thinking trying to put professional baseball teams in Florida.

They never will.
The NHL one-upped them in stupidity though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jman2050 said:

They never will.

Nobody cares about sports in Florida period. Literally the most successful sports team in Florida is the Orlando Magic. And this new arena will be a complete wasteland once Dwight bails next season.

jman2050

darkside31337 said:
Nobody cares about sports in Florida period. Literally the most successful sports team in Florida is the Orlando Magic. And this new arena will be a complete wasteland once Dwight bails next season.

Not quite correct. Florida cares about college sports just as fanatically as everyone else. And that's likely the problem in the first place. The college fanaticism is crowding out any interest in pro sports.

It's the same deal in Georgia as well.

Doytch

Killin yo playoff hopes cause you bitches don't even deserve.
Not quite correct. Florida cares about college sports just as fanatically as everyone else. And that's likely the problem in the first place. The college fanaticism is crowding out any interest in pro sports.

It's the same deal in Georgia as well.
The south always was keenly interested in slavery.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jman2050 said:

Irony at it's finest. Nobody in this state went to college.

Rays gonna lose this game anyway. This shit sucks more than being a Mets fan.

e: Found the game is on MLB Network on TV here in Florida. I'm watching the Jays feed. This is so embarrassing.

Doytch

September baseball is such dogs hit. Almost as big dogs hit as OS X Lion's autocorrect.

There better be a fucking nails trade between TB and TOR announced the day after the World Series. AA has to have gift-wrapped this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom