• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It feels like yesterday when nobody actually wanted to play the Tigers in the playoffs.

The Yankees really are going to win this WS aren't they :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wish the Jays were throwing an AAAA pitcher on the mound. Ricky Romero must be good friends with Bautista.

Ben Zobrist. Still screwed out of that MVP. Still the man.

Doomsayer

AnEternalEnigma said:
7 losses in a row and losing again 6-3 to the Mets.

Wow. A team with that type of pitching should never go on a losing streak like that.

Send Lee to the Doyers.

James Loney has looked good the past month and a half. Hope we keep him.

You can kiss the defending World Champions goodbye after tonight. Diamondbacks score 6 in the first inning. Surkamp can't make it out of the first. Mota already in. Braves' elimination number for the Giants was 1 coming in to today.

Gooooood! Goooooood.

sbk07.jpg

Romero got burned by his defense, no doubt paid off by the Steinbrenner kids.

Rays lead 6-2 and are 3 outs away from only being 1.5 back. I cannot imagine the panic in Boston right now.

Celsior

AnEternalEnigma said:
Romero got burned by his defense, no doubt paid off by the Steinbrenner kids.

Rays lead 6-2 and are 3 outs away from only being 1.5 back. I cannot imagine the panic in Boston right now.
Especially the Sox's have two garbage pitchers going tomorrow.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
weekend_warrior said:
Burnett vs Wakefield in the afternoon game. Whats the over/under on runs scored that game? 30?

Whats the longest a Yankees / Red Sox 9 inning game has ever been? These guys might suck enough to challenge it.

Doytch

You guys might want to look at Nova's SIERA. I think he'll be better than that number (4.32) eventually, probably even next year, but he's gotten a little help to hit his current ERA.

He's better than all three of the others, and I'd take him in one start over them, but the gap isn't 2+ run. Though matched up against Lackey, I could probably throw a solid 5 innings and get it to the bullpen.

JaskoX1

Banned
Michael Cuddyer. I love this guy. I really don't know how the Twins can afford him with all the money due to Mauer, lol.

4 game Tribe winning streak! 80-78.

Celsior

Yankees clinched home field advantage for ALCS so they totally have nothing to play for now.

Well I guess to have the best record in the MLB but that would be a moral victory.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Celsior said:
Yankees clinched home field advantage for ALCS so they totally have nothing to play for now.

Well I guess to have the best record in the MLB but that would be a moral victory.

Knocking the Red Sox out of the playoffs seems like a decent enough reason to try.

Doytch said:

Hey at least our logo and uniform doesn't look like that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/miami-marlins-cap.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LVR6v4OIOoE/TDRNmjVxw7I/AAAAAAAACNU/7iiOeUqK2is/s640/super_mario_revolution.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

If they actually wore the bottom caps, I'd buy one day one. Unfortunately there is no resemblance between the two.

Looks like somebody forgot to pay the electric bill in Arizona. All the lights went out. Metaphor for the Giants season!

2Crisis

darkside31337 said:
Looks like somebody forgot to pay the electric bill in Arizona. All the lights went out. Metaphor for the Giants season!

Delay of game was unnecessary, Giants aint gonna win this.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Pfft, the chances of Montreal getting another baseball team are the same as Winnipeg getting another hockey team. Nil.

Until Bud Selig steps down Montreal will never get a baseball team again.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
You gotta get cashman and the crew to hold this down brah before Branduil destroys it.

I also wanted to mention that you don't have to worry about this now. AnimeGAF got him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom