• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
You gotta get cashman and the crew to hold this down brah before Branduil destroys it.
sup bro. Just got back from seeing Moneyball. It was really fucking good and I got a poster out of it. I also realized how big of baseball nerd I was that night. It's good to get home and find out that the Rangers clinched the division. All around good ass night. Minus one incident that is.

Code:
Playoff Odds at the end of September 23

[U]AMERICAN LEAGUE[/U]
Tigers  -- 100% (clinched AL Central title 9/16)
Yankees -- 100% (clinched AL East title 9/21)
Rangers -- 100% (clinched AL West title 9/23)
Red Sox -- 95.2% (lead AL Wild Card by 2.5; 6 games remaining)
Rays    -- 3.7% (trail AL Wild Card by 2.5; 5 games remaining)
Angels  -- 1.1% (trail AL Wild Card by 3.5; 5 games remaining)

[U]NATIONAL LEAGUE[/U]
Phillies     -- 100% (clinched NL East title 9/17)
Diamondbacks -- 100% (clinched NL West title 9/23)
Brewers      -- 100% (clinched NL Central title 9/23)
Braves       -- 93.1% (lead NL Wild Card by 3.0; 5 games remaining)
Cardinals    -- 6.8% (trail NL Wild Card by 3.0; 5 games remaining)
Giants       -- <0.1% (trail NL Wild Card by 5.0; 5 games remaining)

[U]MATHEMATICAL ELIMINATIONS[/U]
-- Angels, AL West
-- Cardinals, NL Central
-- Giants, NL West

skip

AnEternalEnigma said:
Code:
[U]NATIONAL LEAGUE[/U]
Brewers      -- 100% (clinched NL Central title 9/23)

6177412754_b3bdd4f54f.jpg

Yes.

alstein

Oxx said:
If they get in, what does the Braves post-season rotation look like? Hudson - Beachy - Delgado?

I think Minor in game 3. There's a chance Hanson or JJ could be healthy enough by then, though unlikely.

Medlen would have been an option, since he's being activated, but he'll be needed in the Pen, as Moylan's done (torn labrum/rotator cuff- so he may be done period).

Fatalah

Negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement for Major League Baseball are moving at a fast pace and one issue the sides have all but agreed upon is adding two wild-card teams and holding one-game playoffs in each league to determine which of the wild cards advances, The Post has learned.

One person involved in the talks described that scenario as a done deal and another hedged a little by saying it is likely to play out that way, but nothing will be finalized until an entire CBA is inked.

Both sources said because there would be just a one-game playoff added, the second wild-card team could be installed as early as next year, but the new system will go into effect no later than 2013.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/postseason_pitch_SSiOAnu0pNi3chGX94ZGaM#ixzz1YsxKJTl3

Fun!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
From the same article:
That is one reason why the sides want to go to two 15-team leagues. Because it likely would mean clubs from different divisions would play more similar schedules, thus, making the competition for wild cards across divisions fairer. Also, there would be six five-team divisions, which would mean all clubs would be competing against the same number of opponents within their division to make the playoffs.
So the Astros are definitely going to the AL? I like how everyone was willing to sacrifice them.

Fatalah said:

So if they had it this year, Braveas Cards, and Rays Sox would play one game. Those would be exciting games. I am against this though. I would hate for there to be a case where the 2nd W team was 10 gmes ack the top WC games, an hen bet them in a game playoff.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i guess that is a better playoff system, still sucks though. Just fucking get rid of divisions and take the top 4 teams. Is that so hard?

Windu

cashman said:
How would you do two 15 team leagues for a whole season? Make interleague year round? Hopefully expansion is coming soon.
most likely, and please no more teams.

I agree with no more teams. There are already so many guys in the bigs that shouldnt be there. I cant even imagine them have to fill 2 more rosters.

My sister got tickets from work for tonight's game. I was excited to go. Then I realized Verlander was pitching for his 25th win, now I'm fucking pumped.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm just telling it like it is.

Mets team is loaded with AAA guys, guys like Justin Turner, Jason Pridie, Dillon Gee, Jason Bay and David Wright.

Malo

Banned
darkside31337 said:
I'm just telling it like it is.

Mets team is loaded with AAA guys, guys like Justin Turner, Jason Pridie, Dillon Gee, Jason Bay and David Wright.
But I was told he was ROTY.

Sharp

I love how you guys are focusing on one of the guys in that troll who is actually AAA caliber

Dude included David Wright ffs

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sharp said:
I love how you guys are focusing on one of the guys in that troll who is actually AAA caliber

Dude included David Wright ffs

Because it was obvious I was joking about Wright. But he's fallen pretty hard in every facet of his game though. His defense has become disgustingly bad.

All the other guys are great AAA level players though.

Windu

lol apparently the during the nationals presidents race the players knocked down the mascots and Werth ended up crossing the finish line as the winner.

Windu said:
lol apparently the during the nationals presidents race the players knocked down the mascots and Werth ended up crossing the finish line as the winner.

I am amazed that Werth actually did something this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom