• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Keep it up Wang.
yankeehater said:
I am amazed that Werth actually did something this year.
You know, even with his shitty year he's been better than quite a few Phillies position players. For example, he sometimes gets hits.

Fenix

Square Triangle said:
My sister got tickets from work for tonight's game. I was excited to go. Then I realized Verlander was pitching for his 25th win, now I'm fucking pumped.
I drove down 5 hours to watch JV pitch tonight, first Tigers game in like 15 years.

Dude better throw a perfecto or I'll be disappointed.

Cardinals score two runs in the 9th to win it 2-1 on just one hit, a throwing error, 3 walks, and a walk-off wild pitch.

Carlos Marmol, everybody.

Phillies have now lost 7 in a row. They played all their starters in Game 1 of the doubleheader except for Utley. R.A. Dickey had a no-hitter through 6.1 innings.

sangreal

Lackey has more time left on his contract, so obviously a straight up trade for Burnett would benefit the Red Sox. Also, he is worse.

(FOX poll question)

Doytch

God I'm so sick of the "lol wut is this twitter tweet tweeting thing" that announcers do these days. More overdone than "he plays the game the right way." And I don't even friggin use Twitter that often.

Francesser translation guide (shamelessly stolen from TGG)

da oakland cawna - nnamdi asomugha
awwwl world - dez bryant
bradshawwwr - ahmad bradshaw
scary good - dez bryant
da tight end - dustin keller
da prince - prince amukamara
i nevah said dat - i said that
WAITASEKENT - buying time to backpedal on what i said
DEY GAWT LUCKEE!!! - The only reason the Jets won
DUHVINE INTAHVENSHUN - Another reason how the Jets could only win
DEY DID NUFFIN AWL GAME - Jets put up over 300 yards of total offense
Mista Califanya cool = Sanchez
terrrrlowitzki - troy tulowitzki
jim carrrrrdwell - colts coach jim caldwell
hawww-hay - jorge posada
jobber - joba chamberlain
eye-vin noverr - ivan nova
cawmeller - carmelo anthony
aaron rodgiz - aaron rodgers
riviz - phillip rivers
da explosive receivah's - the philadelphia eagles wide receivers(tank never says their names).
the back - see above...he never says LeSean McCoy either. he just calls him 'the back'
Carmoner- Fausto Carmona
A.J. Buhnet- A.J. Burnett
law- lure (as in "A.J. Buhnet is a law")
Peppa Rahjizz- Pepper Rodgers
MY BOCK- Maybach
noodle- head
bink - a short pass or screen play
boom- a passing touchdown
bink bink bink boom - used to describe a series of passes which resulted in a TD
Julias Papperz - Julius Peppers

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lestah looks awff today

edit: Lol, I completely forgot Joba existed. How pathetically awful is that.

Doytch

Jeter
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

e: Derek Jeter's range is poor you crotchety old fuck. I'm not sure how hitting a home run changes that.

JABEE

AnEternalEnigma said:
Phillies have now lost 7 in a row. They played all their starters in Game 1 of the doubleheader except for Utley. R.A. Dickey had a no-hitter through 6.1 innings.
And Pence

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Soft-ass Rays fan. Matt Moore y'all.

Matt Moore will win Cy Young next year. Therefore he won't win Rookie of the Year because the writers will be against it.

Corran Horn said:
Is it the playoffs yet. lifelong Yankees fan from California here.

Man I knew you were a true Giants fan.

jman2050

RotY is for uber A-Rod-level superprospects and seasoned minor-league prospects who probably should have been in the majors earlier than they were.

I'll take a an okay rookie season from Montero next season as a stepping stone to him eventually hitting 40HRs a year.

EDIT - Actually is Trout still eligible next year or no?

cashman said:
sup bro. Just got back from seeing Moneyball. It was really fucking good and I got a poster out of it. I also realized how big of baseball nerd I was that night. It's good to get home and find out that the Rangers clinched the division. All around good ass night. Minus one incident that is.
What do you think the rotation will be?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Y2Kev said:
lol @ mccarver trashing the mest

I demand an apology and some fake outrage from Joe Buck. That was uncalled for. Have him call in by phone.

King Felix took a line drive into his fore arm. He ran off the field in pain. Mariners :(

Cardinals GM, John Mozeliak (who just signed a 3-year extension with the team) is reportedly trying to strike a late-season deal with the Mets for starting pitcher Chris Capuano. As of today, the Cardinals still have not yet announced starters for their final two games of the season in Houston, so he could presumably make Tuesday's start in place of the recently-inconsistent Jake Westbrook. He would be pitching on normal rest.

Chris Carpenter's next turn in the rotation would be on Wednesday (the final day of the season), but the Cardinals could also be acquiring Capuano to pitch Wednesday to save Carpenter for a potential tiebreaker in St. Louis with the Braves on Thursday, September 29. The Astros have already announced Henry Sosa on Tuesday and Brett Myers on Wednesday.

There is also the chance they could be creatively acquiring Capuano to start against the Braves in a potential tiebreaker. Capuano has dominated Atlanta in 2011. In two starts this year, he is 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA, only allowing 2 runs in 14 innings. He has struck out 19 in those 14 innings and Atlanta opponents have only hit .163 against him. He threw a complete-game shutout against them at Citi Field on August 26 with 13 strikeouts, no walks, and only allowed two baserunners. He followed that up with five easy innings of 2-run ball in a 12-2 laugher at Turner Field on September 16.

The Red Sox also attempted to reach a deal with the Mets for Capuano, but neither side could come to an agreement because the Red Sox were only willing to send cash to the Mets, not trade any players. The deal died and Capuano went on to pitch for the Mets Thursday against the Cardinals, allowing 4 runs in 4.2 innings. He got no decision as the Mets came back with 6 runs in the 9th inning to win 8-6.

If the Cardinals won the Wild Card, they would not be able to place Capuano on their postseason roster unless someone gets injured.

At the end of play on September 24, the Cardinals will still trail the Braves by 2 games in the NL Wild Card with 4 left to play. Atlanta's magic number to clinch is 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom