• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Hip Hip

JkSVQ.jpg

The Red Sox are really crumbling. At least when the Braves get to the brink of collapse, stuff like Friday happens where they win and the Cardinals lose to create some cushion.

The Red Sox haven't been doing that at all.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Remember how unstoppable the Red Sox were when they signed Crawford and Gonzalez?

Red Sox = Manchester City
Not a Man City fan, but that's an insult to them. They at least won the FA Cup and qualified for the Champions League, their "playoffs." Bawston gonna choke it all away.

BTW, I love that I checked my mail yesterday and saw "The Boston Issue" of ESPN the Magazine (shut up, it's my Keith Law Insider subscription).

Sharp

Windu said:
Someone tell the braves offense that the game started 30 minutes ago.
When you're going against former first round draft pick and incipient ace Ross Detwiler, you should just be happy you got to see him in his early years.

Kay rhetorically asking how that Russell Martin quote helps the Yankees, i.e. it could rile up the Red Sox.

Um, the division-winning, home-advantage winning Yankees? I don't think they're worried about inspiring the Red Sox. For several reasons.

Doytch

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Kay rhetorically asking how that Russell Martin quote helps the Yankees, i.e. it could rile up the Red Sox.

Um, the division-winning, home-advantage winning Yankees? I don't think they're worried about inspiring the Red Sox. For several reasons.
Never understood that stupid shit, it's extremely prevalent in hockey culture, too. So, what, the other team (Sox in this case) just aren't trying usually? K....

Unbelievable. Braves get the bases loaded and 0 out with the top of the order coming up.

Bourn pops out to shallow left. Prado pops out to shallow right. Chipper grounds out on the first pitch.

Fucking unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom