• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Windu said:
ross-detwiler-48-mlb.jpg

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the worst thing about this game is having to listen to AVG/HR/RBIs all the fucking time. My ears can't take it anymore.

Sharp

carlos said:
Man, I know it would never happen, but I wish the braves would fire Fredi G. if they manage to choke this lead away
I think it would be very unfair to the Braves position players who made this possible to credit everything to Fredi and Fredi alone.

Windu

Sharp said:
I think it would be very unfair to the Braves position players who made this possible to credit everything to Fredi and Fredi alone.
fire larry parrish then.

carlos

Windu said:
fire larry parrish then.

Exactly, I said Fredi, but that includes Parrish and Snitker, at least. (Pendleton gets a reprieve since he taught the guys how to take a walk, at least).

I thought Parrish was Fredi's guy as well, so that makes Fredi responsible

edit: and now he takes out minor....disagree completely there even if it works out

Windu

carlos said:
edit: and now he takes out minor....disagree completely there even if it works out
meh, i haven't had a problem with his decisions on when to take out his pitchers. Third time through the order, young pitcher. /thumbs up

carlos

Windu said:
meh, i haven't had a problem with his decisions on when to take out his pitchers. Third time through the order, young pitcher. /thumbs up

Well he wasn't showing any hint of trouble (soft ground ball single, IBB)...but hey, the bullpen always needs work!

Sharp

Wow c'mon O's fans...
His stuff looked pretty good. His velocity was 88-91. His change was decent. He threw the curve for strikes. Location, location, location. Missed with a lot of fastballs very high. Went to the well once too often on Martinez. He looked at 2 backdoor curves but the last one was right over the middle. The ability looks to be there. I think he'll bounce back next year.
I was encouraged by the five strikeouts. His command wasnt great and clearly the big boys hurt him..but I was generally encouraged by what we saw. He semed a little more sure of himself and his pitches were mostly crisp and varied. Im glad he got this start..there were many things he could take from this and build on.
If fucking Halladay hadn't had that one shitty year nobody would even be thinking about Matusz pitching again, instead they're hopeful.

carlos

woot, here we go as C Mart is gonna blow it open! yup, love that bullpen, nah seriously, I appreciate him, but he's so misused sometimes...

wonder when fredo realized that cmart isn't a long man and now uses him daily :/

btw just realized how badly the batting averages for the braves are doing, they'll be lucky if they end up with anyone batting .280 (bourn doesn't count)

Windu

carlos said:
woot, here we go as C Mart is gonna blow it open! yup, love that bullpen, nah seriously, I appreciate him, but he's so misused sometimes...

wonder when fredo realized that cmart isn't a long man and now uses him daily :/

btw just realized how badly the batting averages for the braves are doing, they'll be lucky if they end up with anyone batting .280 (bourn doesn't count)
Cristhian has a 3.15 SIERA, good arm. Probably our third best RHP.

carlos

AnEternalEnigma said:
Good call!

fool, don't you realize i have reverse jinx powers! still remember calling that one ankiel home run last playoffs :)

but seriously, I like Cmart, and Varvaro as well; they did a good job with those rule 5 picks

jman2050

Girardi actually takes out AJ before he implodes and uses his best pitcher against their only hitter worth a damn to shut the door?

What is this competence?

Windu

i know H-Rod wasn't giving anything to hit that inning but bunting with 2 strikes? really?

Sharp

Windu said:
i know H-Rod wasn't giving anything to hit that inning but bunting with 2 strikes? really?
H-Rod gave plenty of pitches to hit

The Braves just swung through them

Every single one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom