• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sharp said:
H-Rod gave plenty of pitches to hit

The Braves just swung through them

Every single one
meh, 100-101 on the corners or up. i don't like my chances.

Doytch

Sharp said:
Wow c'mon O's fans...

If fucking Halladay hadn't had that one shitty year nobody would even be thinking about Matusz pitching again, instead they're hopeful.
Yeah...and there was nothing positive about Doc's year, and nothing to take away, and there wouldn't have been a bounce back if the Jays didn't send him down to A ball and have a damn guru working 1-on-1 with him. The idea that Matusz "bounces back next year" is laughable.

Sharp

Doytch said:
Yeah...and there was nothing positive about Doc's year, and nothing to take away, and there wouldn't have been a bounce back if the Jays didn't send him down to A ball and have a damn guru working 1-on-1 with him. The idea that Matusz "bounces back next year" is laughable.
Especially given the O's track record with young talent. Who was the last even okay pitcher they produced? Bedard?

Doytch

Sharp said:
Especially given the O's track record with young talent. Who was the last even okay pitcher they produced? Bedard?
I guess...? Job #1 has to be figuring out why their pitchers have all lost velocity within a year of coming up. Gotta be something organizational there, these were top top prospects.

one down, one to go, Tampa is doing it's part. come tomorrow there will be so many salty Ivy-league- new England motherfuckers that I won't have to buy lunch for a week.

Doytch

OT BITCHES: Does Parks&Rec get any better? I finished watching the first season this morning before my run after Ken Tremendous ('parentally he's a writer on the show...?) was on the Baseball Today with Law/Karabell, and it's basically a clone of The Office. And Amy Poehler's character is overdone as shit. I ignored this show for ages and finally watched it and....that's it?

Doytch said:
OT BITCHES: Does Parks&Rec get any better? I finished watching the first season this morning before my run after Ken Tremendous ('parentally he's a writer on the show...?) was on the Baseball Today with Law/Karabell, and it's basically a clone of The Office. And Amy Poehler's character is overdone as shit. I ignored this show for ages and finally watched it and....that's it?

I haven't watched past the first season myself, but apparently no one is actually referring to the first season when they're recommending Parks & Recreation.

jman2050

1)Yankees win game 1
2)Rays beat Jays

3)Yankees win game 2

Mariano please teach Robertson how to throw your cutter when you retire so he can start closing and destroy the league for years to come.

Doytch

Awww fuck. Well at least it was only 6 episodes.

Rays a 1/2 game back. Gonna be awesome when they're tied for the WC tomorrow and their games won't be on TV and the attendance will be 20k.

Windu said:
....well fuck

hopefully this gets the whole coaching staff fired

At least Parrish. He has totally messed up everyone and taken away the one thing Pendleton did right: teaching patience and drawing walks. Did you see the graphic with all of the Braves' season stats with runners on base?

29th In average with a runner on third
29th In average with RISP and less than 1 out
30th in runs driven in from scoring position

Sharp

Wow, the Nats averaged 24,256 per home game this year. I was expecting them to hit new lows this year, honestly, not go up.

Malo

Banned
Doytch said:
Season 1 is horrible, while season 2 and 3 are pretty good.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Enigma, in addition to the Justin smoak war update I asked for yesterday, can you please give me a playoff odds liklihood update

oh let me do it

Jesus Montero: .7 war
Justin Smoak: .6 war

boom

-- Red Sox lose
-- Rays win
-- Angels currently winning

Rays could be tied and Angels could be 1 game back if Sox lose Game 2.

-- Braves lose

Cardinals could be 1 game back if they break the tie and win.

Good lawd.

Sharp

Y2Kev said:
Enigma, in addition to the Justin smoak war update I asked for yesterday, can you please give me a playoff odds liklihood update

oh let me do it

Jesus Montero: .7 war
Justin Smoak: .6 war

boom
Wow has Smoak been on a tear lately or what

Snaku

Banned
Doytch said:
Rays a 1/2 game back. Gonna be awesome when they're tied for the WC tomorrow and their games won't be on TV and the attendance will be 20k.

I don't think attendance will be an issue when they move the team out of St. Deathbedsburg. After getting off work and driving home through rush hour traffic to pick up the family/friends, and then driving through the same rush hour traffic through Tampa, then across the fucking bay bridge to St. Pete, then through St. Pete to get to the ballpark often took upwards of 2-3 hours. I was lucky if I could ever make it there by the 3rd inning. The local St. Pete geriatrics don't go watch the game because it's past their bedtime.

Doytch

Snaku said:
I don't think attendance will be an issue when they move the team out of St. Deathbedsburg. After getting off work and driving home through rush hour traffic to pick up the family/friends, and then driving through the same rush hour traffic through Tampa, then across the fucking bay bridge to St. Pete, then through St. Pete to get to the ballpark often took upwards of 2-3 hours. I was lucky if I could ever make it there by the 3rd inning. The local St. Pete geriatrics don't go watch the game because it's past their bedtime.
Uhhh, and how exactly are they going to move the team? Y'know, the whole, money thing...

Snaku

Banned
Doytch said:
Uhhh, and how exactly are they going to move the team? Y'know, the whole, money thing...

They've been trying to move to the Tampa side for a few years now, but the mayor of St. Pete is being a douche about it because the city has a lease agreement with the team until 2027 or some shit.

hemtae

So this is how it feels placing everything in the hands of Lackey.

I think the "you are already dead" meme is appropriate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom