• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Windu said:
Astros...
You guys are done.
3cjau.png

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Doytch said:
You guys are done.
well maybe the astros can win one game. I can see us winning 1 against the philles, but not two.

but yeah... I dont like our chances.

edit: oh, our E# is 3 now not 2. Yep, we're fucked. Our best chance is a play-in game.

Oxx

Well, if the Braves miss the playoffs at least Heyward, Jair, and Hanson will get longer to sort themselves out for 2012...

*Puke*

Baseball is still a funny game that facilitates shit that you'd never expect, such as the Astros sweeping the Cardinals. Maybe someone on the Braves should call Jordan Schafer and remind him that if the Braves win the World Series, he gets a ring.

At the very least, the Cardinals do have to face Houston's best pitchers, Wandy and Myers. And Carpenter faces Myers on Wednesday.

Oxx

AnEternalEnigma said:
Baseball is still a funny game that facilitates shit that you'd never expect, such as the Astros sweeping the Cardinals. Maybe someone on the Braves should call Jordan Schafer and remind him that if the Braves win the World Series, he gets a ring.

At the very least, the Cardinals do have to face Houston's best pitchers, Wandy and Myers. And Carpenter faces Myers on Wednesday.

Derek Lowe will shut the Phillies out.

Phillies said before the today's game that Wednesday's #162 against the Braves would be a "bullpen game" with Hamels only going two and the bullpen going seven.

Tomorrow it's Lee vs. Delgado and Tuesday it's Oswalt vs. (gulp...) Lowe.

Meier

Kemp just struck out, stuck at .325. Braun up to .333 and Reyes at .331.. Triple Crown looking unlikely at this point barring a miracle. :(

Windu

darkside31337 said:
I got my names backwards. Braun should win MVP.
their offensive numbers are about the same and one plays a bad center field and one plays a bad left field. How can you not vote for Kemp?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
their offensive numbers are about the same and one plays a bad center field and one plays a bad left field. How can you not vote for Kemp?

Call me old school (or stupid) but if the difference is marginal then I'll take the guy on the playoff team. That and I really don't want to see that bum McCourt selling tickets next year on the backs of the MVP Kemp and CY Kershaw.

So Phillies fans:

-- Do you roll over for the Braves and take your chances with either the Brewers or the D-Backs?

OR

-- Do you go all-out for the kill on a division rival and face the hottest team in baseball and the team that just took three-out-of-four against you last week, the Cardinals, in the first round?

Windu

AnEternalEnigma said:
So Phillies fans:

-- Do you roll over for the Braves and take your chances with either the Brewers or the D-Backs?

OR

-- Do you go all-out for the kill on a division rival and face the hottest team in baseball and the team that just took three-out-of-four against you last week, the Cardinals, in the first round?
roll over, duh

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
So Phillies fans:

OR

Cardinals and Brewers are both 7-3 over the last ten.

Windu

also the hottest team in the NL in their last 30 is the Diamondbacks, not the cardinals.

Diamondbacks 23-7
Dodgers 21-9
Cardinals 20-10
Brewers 17-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom