• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
Jim Knox everybody

KNOX.gif

Sharp

Doytch said:
Fantastic stat for batting. Doesn't it credit a pitcher the same for a strike-out as a fly-ball that was caught with a diving catch by Ellsbury?
Well yeah. I suppose they should start assigning fielding plays to the fielders... but then the question of how to split up the credit between pitcher and fielder emerges. That's the reason they use FIP in the first place, so they don't have to worry about the effect the pitcher may have had on the batted ball type.

hemtae

Maxim726X said:
17 games ago, Boston's (85-56) lead on Tampa (77-64) was exactly 8 games.

Yeah, about that.

Thought you meant 17 games left in the season. Which is traditionally what "17 to go" means.

darkside31337 said:
Time for John Lackey to do his thing.
Continue to pitch one of his best games in a while, get a bit more run support, and turn the Sox around from this horrible losing streak, you mean?

... I wasn't expecting to win this game going in, but sometimes good surprises happen...

17 games ago, Boston's (85-56) lead on Tampa (77-64) was exactly 8 games.

Yeah, about that.
On Sept. 1 we had a 9 game lead over the Rays.

Apparently in mid August the Cardinals were 10 1/2 games behind Atlanta though, so that would also be a very impressive comeback (and collapse) if they manage it, as they well might with St. Louis playing Houston while Atlanta plays Philly...

These Wild Card chases are mesmerizing. Two teams with huge leads just utterly imploding at the worst possible time, their challengers coming on hard.

Brewers-Rays World Series. You heard it here first.

Sharp

evil solrac v3.0 said:
so need a strikeout now..... is there a stat that shows how many strikeouts a guy has with runners in scoring position? that'd be handy right now....
Not really. But I'd bet it's David Robinson.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's alright.

Yankees just setting the Red Sox up for some heartbreak when Derek Jeter hits the game winning home run in the bottom of the 9th.

ZeroRay

darkside31337 said:
It's alright.

Yankees just setting the Red Sox up for some heartbreak when Derek Jeter hits the game winning home run in the bottom of the 9th.

DE-RECK JE-TER

*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*

Doytch

^^ Holy shit I LOLd
eznark said:
So...Tom Brady-esque?
Can I just say that the UGG ads that Brady is in have to be the worst decision he's ever made? He looks like a friggin 40-year-old dad in all of them/

Sanjuro

That stupid meth addict Joba would be up on that list as well. Brady doesn't scream douche, he is just unlikable outside of the hub. The UGG commercial is stupid though. They just look like hyped Timberlands.

Doytch

Youkilis is a major on-field douche. He bitches to umps more than friggin Eric Hinske. Annoying as shit watching that ugly SOB.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Youkilis is a major on-field douche. He bitches to umps more than friggin Eric Hinske. Annoying as shit watching that ugly SOB.
Papelbon is more of a douche in his antics. Off-field he does a decent interview and holds himself accountable.

Youkillis looks like a bitch at all times and cries during interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom