• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkside31337 said:
Kenny Williams incompetence is the biggest reason for the White Sox failures since winning a WS.

Probably the truest thing ever written about the White Sox in this thread.

The only reason he's not worst GM in the league is because Jack Z and Bill Smith exist.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jgoQ3.gif

MVP!

darkside31337 said:
You're associating payroll with having good rosters. The two are not that strongly correlated.

Ozzie Guillen is a manager. He doesn't hit, he doesn't pitch, he doesn't take the field, he doesn't control the 25 guys on the roster. Kenny Williams incompetence is the biggest reason for the White Sox failures since winning a WS.
We've had the division favorite multiple times since then to no avail.

The number one thing a manager should do is put his players in the best position to succeed. Ozzie has failed over and over and over at that. See: Robbie Machowiak playing CF to cost us the division in 2006, constantly bunting with Alexei Ramirez who has shown over and over again that he cannot lay down a bunt, playing for one run before the 7th inning, the Mark Kotsay experiment, the Dewayne Wise experiment, etc etc.

And LOL at the thought of Ozzie Guillen being a player's manager. Absolutely the opposite. Sure he can distract with his own antics, but he throws his own players under the bus a ton. Sean Tracy, Brent Lillibridge, and Boone Logan immediately comes to mind. Bobby Jenks too, but at least he was off the roster by then.

And don't get me started how the White Sox get hit more than anybody, yet the hard-nosed Guillen-led White Sox are incapable of returning the favor.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
weekend_warrior said:
this is a fraud pic by the way

look, he has tape on the wall from a piece of paper covering it

so you kicked the wall

put a hole in it

then covered it

to take a photo?

i call shens

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
i'm saying you had a hole in your wall that was covered and then you uncovered it and took a pic to prove your rage cred

JABEE

I think Lidge is going to be good in the post season. His fastball was hitting 91. If he wasn't getting squeezed on that pitch to Chipper I think he may have gotten a 91 over the plate for a strike the first time all year. He may not be all sliders.

Sanjuro

Y2Kev said:
i'm saying you had a hole in your wall that was covered and then you uncovered it and took a pic to prove your rage cred
I already mentioned that I threw a comic book backer to cover it with some tape. I don't think there is a real thing as rage cred, I have a stupid hole in the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom