• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
evil solrac v3.0 said:
ATTENTION YANKEE COUNCIL, for the duration of the regular season we will give our full backing and support to both the Baltimore Orioles and Tampa Bay Devil Rays. rooting for the Yankees is suspended until further notice.

While it makes sense... a team should never want to lose, just saying. On that same subject, why would the yankees rather play the rays than the sox right now? Longoria is finally healthy and the pitching has been there all year.

msdstc said:
While it makes sense... a team should never want to lose, just saying. On that same subject, why would the yankees rather play the rays than the sox right now? Longoria is finally healthy and the pitching has been there all year.

The Yanks would play whoever has the worst record between the Tigers and Rangers; ideally, that'd be the Rangers, because fuck Verlander and Fister in a short series.

msdstc said:

it's all about the moment man, the hilarity. all teams are pretty evenly matched I'd say so it doesn't much matter.

Sanjuro

msdstc said:
Because they are secretly afraid. Anyone rooting for a potential series against a Florida team, in a clown stadium, with zero fans are foolish.

jman2050

msdstc said:

They just took 3 out of 4 against them back when they were actually still kinda trying.

And seriously, why the hell would we take the chance of facing the Sox in the playoffs? As bad as they have been lately, all bets are off once the playoffs roll around. Get them out now and the Yankees will do what they can in the playoffs.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Because they are secretly afraid. Anyone rooting for a potential series against a Florida team, in a clown stadium, with zero fans are foolish.
3KGrl.jpg

Sanjuro

jman2050 said:
They just took 3 out of 4 against them back when they were actually still kinda trying.

And seriously, why the hell would we take the chance of facing the Sox in the playoffs? As bad as they have been lately, all bets are off once the playoffs roll around. Get them out now and the Yankees will do what they can in the playoffs.
At least one of you clowns are saying it.

JABEE

captmcblack said:
The Yanks would play whoever has the worst record between the Tigers and Rangers; ideally, that'd be the Rangers, because fuck Verlander and Fister in a short series.
I'd be worried about facing the Rays in the playoffs. Who do you think would give the Yankees the most trouble the Red Sox or the Rays?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
evil solrac v3.0 said:
it's all about the moment man, the hilarity. all teams are pretty evenly matched I'd say so it doesn't much matter.

I do understand that on one hand, but you should hope your team would never pack it in.

Malo

Banned
msdstc said:
I do understand that on one hand, but you should hope your team would never pack it in.
What do the yankees need to play for now? They've already wrapped up the division and hfa, it's time to rest the regulars and make sure they're healthy for the playoffs. Also its for the lulz.

I don't get why Yankees fans want the Red Sox to fail to make the postseason either, I mean I'd rather play the Yankees than Rays in the ALCS (pretending that the Sox actually make the postseason this year)... not just because we had a better record against the Yankees, but because there's nothing like beating the Yankees in the playoffs. Beating Tampa... isn't exactly the same.

In other news, the Cardinals-Astros game is tied, if the Cardinals can pull off a win both wild card races will tie in the same day...

A Black Falcon said:
I don't get why Yankees fans want the Red Sox to fail to make the postseason either, I mean I'd rather play the Yankees than Rays in the ALCS (pretending that the Sox actually make the postseason this year)... not just because we had a better record against the Yankees, but because there's nothing like beating the Yankees in the playoffs. Beating Tampa... isn't exactly the same.

In other news, the Cardinals-Astros game is tied, if the Cardinals can pull off a win both wild card races will tie in the same day...

Then don't worry about what the Yankee fans want, let the Yankee fans worry about what the Yankee fans want, aight?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jman2050 said:
I didn't even know you could trade club managers.

Can you trade other management staff as well?

There was the Lou Piniella - Randy Winn trade eons ago.

Also Mat Latos no hitter alert. 5 innings through.

Dmncnby2k9 said:

No Rays should stay in Florida, but they need to move them out of the retirement home side and into somewhere between Miami and Orlando. Then contract the Marlins so the state isn't split between two team. Next thing to do is get Canadian Blue Jays out of the American League, the NL can have them if they want. Then just plop the Pirates in the AL East to fill the gap. Bam, done!

msdstc said:

As a long time Yankee fan, aside from obviously winning the WS, there's nothing more gratifying than witnessing an epic Red Sox collapse. The way I see it, my team earned the right (with the Division and HF advantage already locked up) to do whatever the hell they wanted with these last 3 games. And if that means starting their AAA roster while resting their starters aka basically mailing it in and as a result having an indirect impact on the overall outcome of the Wild Card race than so be it.

Also the Red Sox had control of their own destiny when the day started so they really have no one to blame but themselves for losing to the O's. Plus I'd rather take my chances and live with the outcome of a possible ALCS against the Rays (which happens to be a better matchup for the Yanks anyway) as opposed to giving Saux fans the satisfaction of ever making it to the post season this year.

So basically what I'm saying to all Red Sox fans who are crying about what's taking place in Tampa Bay is.....

iron-man-deal-with-it.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom