• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

weekend_warrior said:
No Rays should stay in Florida, but they need to move them out of the retirement home side and into somewhere between Miami and Orlando. Then contract the Marlins so the state isn't split between two team. Next thing to do is get Canadian Blue Jays out of the American League, the NL can have them if they want. Then just plop the Pirates in the AL East to fill the gap. Bam, done!
No. What the fuck...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
weekend_warrior said:
No Rays should stay in Florida, but they need to move them out of the retirement home side and into somewhere between Miami and Orlando. Then contract the Marlins so the state isn't split between two team. Next thing to do is get Canadian Blue Jays out of the American League, the NL can have them if they want. Then just plop the Pirates in the AL East to fill the gap. Bam, done!

Bud Selig posts on GAF confirmed :(

Rays need to get out of Florida. Orlando would be a step up. Maybe they'd break 20k once in a while, but it's not a real solution.

Fatalah

weekend_warrior said:

Not a fan of those suggestions.

Tampa's a fine city for the Rays, I'd hate for them to move.

What's with the Portland suggestions? The Mariners nearly ended up moving to Tampa, is Portland that much more pro-sport capable than Seattle?

jman2050

Orlando might be the only team in Florida that could remotely support a baseball team.

Of course they'd need a stadium fir-- hahahahaha like that would ever happen under Orlando leadership.

outunderthestars said:
Portland works too!

I bet somewhere there is a room full of Fox Exec's hoping Boston pulls it out.
While alternately having nightmares about a Milwaukee vs. Detroit World Series? Sure, yeah, probably.

Rafa=FedKilla]Please bring back the Expos, I'm begging you.
That would be cool, I liked the Expos reasonably well (they were my second favorite NL team), and what baseball allowed Loria to do to that franchise was just shameful. And what's almost as bad is that that the current A's ownership seems to be following Loria's playbook so far in their effort to move the A's to San Jose. It's working moderately well for them so far, against strong resistance from the Giants, but it's a big issue that will have to be resolved soon, with how awful the Oakland Colosseum is for baseball. The A's lease is about to end, too, and it's unclear if they'll get another one from the city, with how hard the ownership is pushing to move the team down the bay.

But yeah, with a new stadium and decent ownership that isn't trying to sabotage its relationship with its fans and city, I definitely think baseball could work out in Montreal.

Malo

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
No thanks.

weekend_warrior said:

As a Jays fan, I'd kill to have them moved to the AL Central, or hell, just out of the AL East.

Sanjuro

weekend_warrior said:
What's wrong with my suggestions? The only problem I see is that it still leaves the AL West one team short.
There is much wrong with you. Get "Canadian" out of the "American"? Do you own a map?

Fatalah

weekend_warrior said:
What's wrong with my suggestions? The only problem I see is that it still leaves the AL West one team short.

You're the reason the Dodgers moved outta Brooklyn!

Get him old man!

mush2.jpg

sangreal

msdstc said:
On that same subject, why would the yankees rather play the rays than the sox right now? Longoria is finally healthy and the pitching has been there all year.

It's not like the Rays are on fire. The Red Sox are just doing that bad. It also helps that the Rays had the fortune of playing against the terrible Red Sox recently. I haven't seen anything from the Rays that compares to the difficulty the Yankees had against the Red Sox earlier in the season.

What I really want is a rotation-fucking game 163 anyway

eznark

Banned
Remove the mohawk and put hands around the throat and you have the Red Sox mascot.

Get it? Cause he is choking. Like Boston. They are choking big time.

Chokers.

Fatalah

Ozzie being Ozzie!:

"Life is about money. People don't believe that, but people are happy after they make money.

F____ more years. I want more money. I don’t work here for years. No, I want more money. Years, what, I’m going to die poor with the White Sox? Hell, no. Listen, this is my job. It’s the only thing I can do. I have to make money out of somewhere. I’m not a doctor or a lawyer, where you’ll have a job for the rest of your life.
"

Sharp

By the way, Morse with his thirtieth HR tonight

Morse for Langerhans was almost as big a steal as Ramos for Capps

Almost

eznark said:
Remove the mohawk and put hands around the throat and you have the Red Sox mascot.

Get it? Cause he is choking. Like Boston. They are choking big time.

Chokers.

WHAT'S THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU WITH OUR ONE GAME LEAD WITH TWO TO GO!

(Give me a break, I'm trying to find something to be excited about.)

sangreal said:
It's not like the Rays are on fire. The Red Sox are just doing that bad. It also helps that the Rays had the fortune of playing against the terrible Red Sox recently. I haven't seen anything from the Rays that compares to the difficulty the Yankees had against the Red Sox earlier in the season.
Second worst September in Red Sox history, apparently.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
There is much wrong with you. Get "Canadian" out of the "American"? Do you own a map?

Well, last time I checked Toronto wasn't an American city. And besides I only suggested moving them so the NL East could stay at 5 teams and then the AL East could pick up one of the NL Central teams.

ReturnOfTheRAT said:
What happened? how did the Cards lose?

Code:
BOT 10
-- Brian Bogusevic pinch-hitting for pitcher Mark Melancon, batting 9th.
1. Brian Bogusevic doubles to left field.
2. Jason Bourgeois reaches on sacrifice bunt, fielding error by pitcher Octavio Dotel. Brian Bogusevic to third.
-- Coaching visit to mound.
[B]3. Angel Sanchez bunt singles to pitcher, Brian Bogusevic scores. Jason Bourgeois to second.[/B]

STL 4, HOU 5 - FINAL

I would personally like to say thank you to Tony LaRussa for MANAGING~! and pinch-running for Berkman in the 8th.

weekend_warrior said:
Well, last time I checked Toronto wasn't an American city. And besides I only suggested moving them so the NL East could stay at 5 teams and then the AL East could pick up one of the NL Central teams.

Toronto is in North AMERICA.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Sharp said:
By the way, Morse with his thirtieth HR tonight

Morse for Langerhans was almost as big a steal as Ramos for Capps

Almost

It was also a "clutch" home run. Winning record now a distinct possibility.

outunderthestars said:
Toronto is in North AMERICA.

I didn't say North America. Why would I say North America when it's not called the North American League it's called the American League. But do please continue this pointless argument when you know goddamn well what people mean when they say AMERICA OR AMERICAN. Toronto is not an AMERICAN city. Fucking PC liberal idiots.

Mike Rizzo's done a great job fixing a lot of the bullshit Jim Bowden did. They deserve some happiness. The Mets can continue to fuck right off, however.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AnEternalEnigma said:
Mike Rizzo's done a great job fixing a lot of the bullshit Jim Bowden did. They deserve some happiness. The Mets can continue to fuck right off, however.

God I had no dogs in the Braves / Cards fight but I just realized I'd rather root for god damn TLR and Pujols than see the Braves make the playoffs.

weekend_warrior said:
I didn't say North America. Why would I say North America when it's not called the North American League it's called the American League. But do please continue this pointless argument when you know goddamn well what people mean when they say AMERICA OR AMERICAN. Toronto is not an AMERICAN city. Fucking PC liberal idiots.

Wow, thanks for the classy response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom