• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Who do you like your chances against? The Phillies or Braves? Considering both teams have sucked royal shit the last three weeks?

The Phillies are better in every single way than the Braves, and the Brewers would get to play the Braves at home. I think the answer is kind of a no-brainer.

That's not on Gomez, that's on Roenicke's idiotic run-on-contact play that seems to be a permanent part of his toolbox, even during the times when a slogging statue like McGehee is on third base and the infield is drawn in.

Chipper Jones is having a MRI on his right knee tomorrow. He apparently hurt it pretty bad in the game tonight. But he says if the doctors tell him not to play, he's going to play anyways.

“I’m going to be upset if they tell me that,” he said. “But I’ll probably do it anyway, until I just can’t do it anymore.”

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Giants win with Vogelsong getting his 13th win.

hoth2.gif

Vargas

AnEternalEnigma said:
Mike Rizzo's done a great job fixing a lot of the bullshit Jim Bowden did. They deserve some happiness. The Mets can continue to fuck right off, however.

And here I thought you were one of the good ones. Have to kick the team when they are down. The Nationals deserve nothing until they change their damn name back to the Expos and get rid of the stupid white and red uniforms. I just hate that there are like 12 teams (I know there are less) that have those unis. Only the Reds should be wearing white and red. Phillies should bring back the blues. Cardinals can make up a new color for all I care. The last few pages were hilarious.

Code:
Playoff Odds at the end of September 26

AMERICAN LEAGUE
Tigers  -- 100% (clinched AL Central title 9/16)
Yankees -- 100% (clinched AL East title 9/21)
Rangers -- 100% (clinched AL West title 9/23)
Red Sox -- 63.4% (tied for first in AL Wild Card; 2 games remaining)
Rays    -- 36.6% (tied for first in AL Wild Card; 2 games remaining)

NATIONAL LEAGUE
Phillies     -- 100% (clinched NL East title 9/17)
Brewers      -- 100% (clinched NL Central title 9/23)
Diamondbacks -- 100% (clinched NL West title 9/23)
Braves       -- 70.9% (lead NL Wild Card by 1.0; 2 games remaining)
Cardinals    -- 29.1% (trail NL Wild Card by 1.0; 2 games remaining)

MATHEMATICAL ELIMINATIONS
-- Angels, AL Wild Card

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Those playoff odds can be tossed out the window IMO.

I can't see how you'd say it's anything at best other than a coin flip for the Red Sox right now.

RBH

AnEternalEnigma said:
Chipper Jones is having a MRI on his right knee tomorrow. He apparently hurt it pretty bad in the game tonight. But he says if the doctors tell him not to play, he's going to play anyways.

“I’m going to be upset if they tell me that,” he said. “But I’ll probably do it anyway, until I just can’t do it anymore.”
:(

Tony La Russa said Furcal will miss the final two games of the Astros series with hamstring tightness.

Braves can clinch it tomorrow with a win and a Cardinals' loss.

La Russa's officially in overmanage meltdown mode. He's actually thinking about not starting Chris Carpenter on Wednesday against the Astros so they can save him for a tiebreaker. He is fucking insane if he does that, because the pitcher they are facing, Brett Myers, is probably going to win NL Pitcher of the Month. 4-0 with a 1.21 ERA in September. If the Cardinals are still alive after tomorrow but not tied for the Wild Card (Cards win and Braves win or Cards lose and Braves lose), he has to start Carpenter on Wednesday 1.0 back with 1 to go.

Interestingly enough, the Braves are thinking about doing the same thing and withholding Tim Hudson and using Jair Jurrjens in a rehab start of sorts. However, they would only do that because Charlie said on Sunday that Wednesday would be a bullpen game.

Of course, the Braves and Astros could just win tomorrow and end it right there. I'd be cool with that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Little Green Yoda said:
I never understand hating teams that aren't rivals to the one you cheer for.
LaRussa, aside from being a scumbag criminal, is pretty crappy at baseball managing and that bothers me!

Sanjuro

weekend_warrior said:
I didn't say North America. Why would I say North America when it's not called the North American League it's called the American League. But do please continue this pointless argument when you know goddamn well what people mean when they say AMERICA OR AMERICAN. Toronto is not an AMERICAN city. Fucking PC liberal idiots.
You don't make any sense.

Puddles

Banned
Little Green Yoda said:
I never understand hating teams that aren't rivals to the one you cheer for.

Playoff losses, players you hate, etc.

For example, I actually rooted for the Giants to beat the Phillies. The Giants are the Dodgers' ultimate rival, but the level of hatred I have for the Phillies is just a different level altogether. Past NL West races mean nothing in comparison. Victorino is second only to LeBron James in pro athlete scumbaggery. Plus they have Lee, who is so lacking in cojones and dignity that he signed with the same team who fucking traded him to Seattle.

Fatalah

weekend_warrior said:
I didn't say North America. Why would I say North America when it's not called the North American League it's called the American League. But do please continue this pointless argument when you know goddamn well what people mean when they say AMERICA OR AMERICAN. Toronto is not an AMERICAN city. Fucking PC liberal idiots.
Hmm, I've never heard another sports fan call another politically correct, or liberal. If you've got something on your mind, please head on over to PoliGAF.

League names are no longer of any consequence; remember the Expos played in the National league. We just didn't like your suggestions, chill out.

h3ro

Bigger pic:
17S1G.jpg

Brackman/Betances as Milli Vanilli, Kontos as George Michael, Noesi as Prince, Romine as Madonna, Jesus as MC Hammer and Laird as Slash.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dmncnby2k9 said:
The worst baseball state now has two of the coolest managers in baseball. Wtf!

This is literally Ozzie's dream paradise. Can say as much shit as humanly possible and the only person who will get mad in the entire state is the owner.

ToxicAdam said:
I'm still scratching my head why the guy who signed the Rios and Dunn deal is still in Chicago and Ozzie is in Florida.

Taking Rios off the Blue Jays' hands was pretty dumb, but you can't yell at Ken Williams about the Adam Dunn signing. Nobody saw this coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom