• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Everyday about the Giants fan. You seemed surprised that winning a world series brings new fans into the stadium.

I know. Shocker.
Not whining, stating facts. The park has been filled with fans as dumb as Brewers twitterers the last two nights.

Speaking of, this inning isntotally Greinkes fault.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
rando14 said:
Ah, 14 game losing streak and last place in AL West.

Feels good man. :cool:

#6org never forget.

Seriously you're going to do a losing streak, do it in historic fashion.

Bases loaded nobody out.

Casey Kotchman grounds one back to Soria, Soria botches easy DP but still gets runner at home.

Shoppach up for Rays, in comes pinch hitter SAM FULD. Doesn't drive in the run obviously.

And now comes Elliot Johnson. Rays ain't scoring a run.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Joey Fox said:
Nah he has extra base pop in multiple games now, so I wouldn't blame it all on the pitching. Hopefully he stays hot.

I'll admit he has improved but he needs to be way more consistent for a longer period of time for me to be happy.

eznark

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
Great, make it back just in time to see the Crew lose the lead. C'mon, guys, let's show the world what a fluke Vogelsong has been!
We are too busy making moronic outs at home.

Sharp

sazabirules said:
I knew Gorz would screw up like he always does. We need to be up by 10 to feel safe when he is pitching.
Yeah. I really want to like the guy but he keeps fucking us over every time he pitches.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
From David Lennon via Twitter

Increasing chatter around #Mets suggests Beltran may be headed to #Giants. SF fits Beltran's criteria, so good match.

Most Giants fans wouldn't even know who Beltran is. Terrible trade for them.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
darkside31337 said:
From David Lennon via Twitter

Most Giants fans wouldn't even know who Beltran is. Terrible trade for them.
Well yeah, because Beltran was injured and wasn't playing last year and that's when most of them started watching baseball.

jakncoke

Banned
I really hope there isn't many more times using that lineup. Holy hell that was bad.

Y2Kev said:
Well yeah, because Beltran was injured and wasn't playing last year and that's when most of them started watching baseball.

lolz

eznark said:
Nyjer!!!

He put his hands up! I think he flipped us off!!!
Who the hell is Nyjer? Are you talking about Tony Plush?

At any rate, I just watched the first episode of The Franchise and decided to become a Giants fan and see what this baseball thing is all about.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Y2Kev said:
Nah, a year ago only long-term fans were still actually paying attention since the team was still chasing the Padres and weren't in first yet. Change it to 10 months ago and you might be more correct.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
sf2fanatic said:
Finally a comeback!!!! Yay!!!

?

It's time-consuming enough following one baseball team.

Anyway, terrible loss. Riggleman looks better and better in hindsight. I'm sure that's why he quit while he had a winning record this year.

Joey Fox said:
?

It's time-consuming enough following one baseball team.

Anyway, terrible loss. Riggleman looks better and better in hindsight. I'm sure that's why he quit while he had a winning record this year.

The way the game started I was thinking a is was gonna be a blowout. Lilly helped himself with 3 rbi's.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
The White Sox may suck but nobody fears playing the Twins. Unless they found out some way to clone Scott Baker 4 times.
Minnesota has had Chicago's number since the second half of 2009. Even the shitty 2011 Twins have owned the White Sox. 7-1 so far this year.

Enron

Banned
i hope not. Texas needs another reliever first to help ensure that Darren Oliver/Arthur Rhodes never see another pressure situation again. Heath Bell plz.

Beltran is a luxury. RP is a necessity.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As a Mets fan I will not tolerate hatred towards Darren Oliver. He's been good this year. Not amazing but definitely not the problem in the Rangers pen. Trading anything of value for a middle reliever is a mistake. Getting Beltran or ideally an upgrade in the starting rotation is way bigger for a playoff run.

Forget Heath Bell. Why in the world is Koji Uehara so undervalued? I've barely heard his name in trade talks even though he's on the market. His numbers have been off the charts the past few years.

darkside31337 said:
As a Mets fan I will not tolerate hatred towards Darren Oliver. He's been good this year. Not amazing but definitely not the problem in the Rangers pen. Trading anything of value for a middle reliever is a mistake. Getting Beltran or ideally an upgrade in the starting rotation is way bigger for a playoff run.

Forget Heath Bell. Why in the world is Koji Uehara so undervalued? I've barely heard his name in trade talks even though he's on the market. His numbers have been off the charts the past few years.
Koji has been mentioned in a few trade rumors. I think the Pirates are interested.
I remember Oliver's year with the Mets. Didn't Minaya let him and Chad Bradford go because he believed relievers could not have two good years in a row?

Enron

Banned
darkside31337 said:

You don't watch much Ranger baseball. It seems that every time Darren Oliver comes into a game in a pressure situation, he wilts. The reason why he's been doing better lately is because Lowe has emerged as an 8th inning guy and Oliver has been relegated to more of a situational lefty role (along with Arthur Rhodes).

The Rangers have no problem scoring runs. Even when Hamilton and Cruz missed time, the Rangers Run Machine kept on churning. Ron Washington plays small ball and has the Rangers very aggressive on the basepaths. When a big bat is missing, it hurts less. I don't expect the offense to nosedive with Beltre out. This team really needs one more reliable power arm in the pen. If they can get Beltran too, then great but I don't think they need him.

Macattk15

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Macattk, how you enjoy Fenway the other day?

Heading to the game today. Pineda vs. Wakefield. :D

Wasn't bad. Of course the M's lost ... but I shook Brendan Ryan's hand as he was walking into Fenway and told him I was sick of them losing 13 games in a row (now 14) ... he kinda laughed and said it was pretty tough for them too.

Also got Ackley's autograph ... I will cherish it forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom