• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Giants fans are flipping their shit on twitter over morgan. He flashed the horns and they are crying because they think he flipped off the stands. This shit is hilarious.

What do you expect from people who've been watching baseball for a year, I guess?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the funniest part was when he was acting like a director and orchestrating the boos.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Umm unless Im seeing this wrong, he did flip them off.

edit: close enough when its fast
nyjer-morgan-finger.jpg

nocode

eznark said:
Giants fans are flipping their shit on twitter over morgan. He flashed the horns and they are crying because they think he flipped off the stands. This shit is hilarious.

What do you expect from people who've been watching baseball for a year, I guess?

Now THAT is funny.

I wish he did flip them off. Who cares, they probably deserved it. At least he didn't throw an M80 out a car window at them in the parking lot right? Now that's when baseball players were men.

Mets with a comeback win against the Marlins??? What did I just witness?

Enron

Banned
Adrian Beltre on the DL. Chris Davis taking over at 3rd, which means he's not going to be traded. Going to be hard for the Rangers to make more than 1 trade now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Enron said:
Adrian Beltre on the DL. Chris Davis taking over at 3rd, which means he's not going to be traded. Going to be hard for the Rangers to make more than 1 trade now.

From Adam Rubin over at ESPN NY -

The Mets and Rangers have ramped up scouting each other, and Texas remains very much in play in the pursuit of Carlos Beltran, according to a major league source.

While the Rangers have a scout watching Beltran in Miami, who is expected to continue on watching the Mets during the next stop in Cincinnati, a source indicated the Mets have ramped up watching Rangers minor leaguers. Mets scout Bryan Lambe is watching Texas low-Class A players at Hickory after being redirected.

Texas has zeroed in on Beltran and Padres closer Heath Bell as its primary targets, according to a source.

Rangers offense with Beltran would be just stupid good.

Enron said:

They are not going with Young at 3B?

Enron

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
They are not going with Young at 3B?

Young's glove at 3rd base?

ah hahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*breathes*

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Enron said:
Young's glove at 3rd base?

*breathes*

Chris Davis, 6 errors in his last 6 games at 3B in AAA.

Davis has been so utterly pathetic and lost with the glove there that it's actually kind of fair to question whether or not Young could do a better job there.

Windu

#Braves lineup: 1. Prado 3B, 2. Heyward RF, 3. McCann C, 4. Freeman 1B, 5. Uggla 2B, 6. Hinske LF, 7. Gonzalez SS, 8. McLouth CF, 9. Lowe P
schafer needs to be hurt more often. i'm liking this lineup.

Enron

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Chris Davis, 6 errors in his last 6 games at 3B in AAA.

Davis has been so utterly pathetic and lost with the glove there that it's actually kind of fair to question whether or not Young could do a better job there.

Chris Davis has generally played good defense at 1st and 3rd.

Not real excited about having his automatic-out bat in the lineup, though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Enron said:
Chris Davis has generally played good defense at 1st and 3rd.

Not real excited about having his automatic-out bat in the lineup, though.

Uh that makes no sense.

Chris Davis sucks at 3B. He's made that quite apparent throughout his career both in the bigs and in the minors. I mean hes really really awful there.

If he has a long term future its either at 1B or in the OF. The bat will probably never be good enough to make it there but it's a bit harsh to call him an automatic-out.

verbum

CygnusXS said:
So, Jason's starting to rake.

blech

0-7 with bases loaded this year.

Windu said:
I'm already tired of these fox announcers. 8 more innings.... Ugh

I'm not, they were agreeing with me that Alex Gonzales should have bunted with runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs. These announcers are geniuses.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
@Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
There is some sentiment within ATL organization that Arodys Vizcaino could reach the majors this year (baseball-reference.com/minors/player.…).

Oh, hello.

verbum

CygnusXS said:
@Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
There is some sentiment within ATL organization that Arodys Vizcaino could reach the majors this year (baseball-reference.com/minors/player.…).

Oh, hello.

From July 15, 2011:
The Braves are moving elite pitching prospect Arodys Vizcaino from starting rotation to the bullpen at Double-A Mississippi, but not because they plan to make him a reliever.

Braves general manager Frank Wren said the Braves want to limit Vizcaino’s innings in the second half of the season, since he’s already pitching more innings (87) in 17 starts than he pitched in any of his first three minor league seasons with the New York Yankees and Braves.

If the Braves don’t trade for a reliever and have a need, Wren said they could use one of their pitching prospects in the ‘pen later this season.

“We’ve talked about it a little bit, and we’ll continue to explore it,” he said. “But right now, we’re focused on just seeing how it all shakes out. That’s the main thing.”

From AJC

verbum

eznark said:
Heyward needs to get back on the juice.

He has been a BIG disappointment so far. I expected him to be hitting around .300 this year with a full year's experience.
And no bunts except for Lowe's to advance runners. FFF.

So far Lowe is doing well.

verbum

From yesterday's game:

The Reds already had a 1-0 lead on rookie Zach Cozart's second career home run with one out in the first inning. Fred Lewis was on third base with one out and Miguel Cairo batting. The scoreboard showed a 2-2 count on Cairo, but Baker thought it was wrong. "I thought the first pitch was a ball," he said. "It was a situation where I didn't trust the scoreboard. I thought the count was 3-1. That was my fault." Baker flashed the suicide squeeze sign, but Cairo could only foul it off for a third strike. After Ryan Hanigan was intentionally walked, pitcher Bronson Arroyo struck out.

Windu

verbum said:
I hope Fredi is saying, "wish I had called for a bunt more than once in this game". FFF.
Well fredi is an idiot so yeah he probably is wishing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom