• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
verbum said:
So you don't think Alex or Prado should have tried a bunt when they had a chance?
yeah bunting in those situations would not be the best move.

verbum

Windu said:
yeah bunting in those situations would not be the best move.

I disagree. Move the runners over, put more pressure on the defense. Especially when Alex is batting like a Little Leaguer.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
verbum said:
I disagree. Move the runners over, put more pressure on the defense. Especially when Alex is batting like a Little Leaguer.
bunt gonzalez, and then watch mclouth get IBB. brilliant. not to mention giving away outs and lowing the amount of runs you might score in the inning.

carlos

braves get 5 hits and two walks in the first 2 innings (for just 2 runs), and then proceed the rest of the game without getting a hit....yup, sounds about right

and here comes the proctologist we all know and hate

Doytch

I'm playing The Show with the Braves. The announcers:

"The Braves look to repeat their strong showing last year where they made the playoffs."
"Yeah, and they'll have with Chipper back out there, and Heyward with a year under his belt, and acquiring Uggla from the Marlins."

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Frankman said:
Apparently NO ONE likes Hanley Ramirez right now. JESUS.

HanRam from 06 to 10 - Live with his diva pompous behavior because he's a freaking stud

HanRam 11 - Trade him outta town now.

Why would you trade HanRam? Jack McKeon is obviously pushing the right buttons, or maybe hes not pushing any at all and it's all just a giant coincidence and he's playing good because he's a good player, because HanRam has been playing fine lately. Even if he doesn't really give a damn.

darkside31337 said:
HanRam from 06 to 10 - Live with his diva pompous behavior because he's a freaking stud

HanRam 11 - Trade him outta town now.

Why would you trade HanRam? Jack McKeon is obviously pushing the right buttons, or maybe hes not pushing any at all and it's all just a giant coincidence and he's playing good because he's a good player, because HanRam has been playing fine lately. Even if he doesn't really give a damn.
He's a dog though. 20-25 years ago not only would he have been sent down, he definitely would've been traded.

Also his D at SS is atrocious right now. Nick Punto might be a better SS than him.

DAVID WRIGHT!

Screen-shot-2011-07-23-at-10.24.58-AM.png

SPOTLIGHT!!!

Chris R

Mariners are sooooo bad. Load the bases with no outs, then leave them all stranded!

I normally wouldn't care about them being terrible, but they were .500 not too long ago, only a few games out of first in the AL West. Rather have them suck year round instead pretending to be decent :/

DJ Carrasco is not good baseball person.
Ryota Igarashi is also not good baseball person.
Lucas Duda is good baseball person.
Justin Turner is also good baseball person.

LJ11

Wright's stance looks different, maybe it's just me.

Bay's fucking useless, just play Duda. I'd rather watch Duda chew gum than watch another Bay AB.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
eznark said:
what am I whining about?

Casey McGehee needs to die.
Everyday about the Giants fan. You seemed surprised that winning a world series brings new fans into the stadium.

I know. Shocker.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
sazabirules said:
Werth even hits against the Dodgers. Their pitching sucks.

Nah he has extra base pop in multiple games now, so I wouldn't blame it all on the pitching. Hopefully he stays hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom