• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

McNei1y said:
The span trade: Kill Me. I wouldn't give up Storen for Span. I would do Clippard and Bernadina for Span though.

The Marquis trade: I like it. My only problem is that we have to use Maya now.
Wait, are you serious? Storen for Span is a no brainer unless the second player is better than he is.

@AJCBraves said:
After getting their hopes up about Hunter Pence, #Braves players showing guarded optimism about Bourn rumors. But they want him.

@AJCBraves said:
The general reaction from current Braves when they hear there are 4 or even 6 "untouchable" prospects is rolled eyes or surprise.

No shit. Stop being so fucking stingy and get a damn bat. Pitching is great, but scoring no runs makes it pointless.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
they are being stingy with their players for a reason, they are going to need them soon. Lowe and Hudson have one more year on their contracts. (option for hudson though). Chipper is close to retirement, Gonzalez is already dead and is in the last year of his contract. Hanson and Jurrjens are only going to get more expensive and are not going to sign a long term deal because of Boras. We don't have a $170 million payroll like the phillies. We are building a team that will be competitive for the next decade, we don't want to just give away all of our great talent for one year of success.

Perhaps the players would like to take a pay cut if they are so concerned about winning.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
they are being stingy with their players for a reason, they are going to need them soon. Lowe and Hudson have one more year on their contracts. (option for hudson though). Chipper is close to retirement, Gonzalez is already dead and is in the last year of his contract. Hanson and Jurrjens are only going to get more expensive and are not going to sign a long term deal because of Boras. We don't have a $170 million payroll like the phillies. We are building a team that will be competitive for the next decade, we don't want to just give away all of our great talent for one year of success.

This is all the truth.

And those arms will have more value this offseason instead of trading a ton for one and a half years of Michael Bourn.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
we have enough talent besides those players anyway to make a competitive offer.
I can understand one or two untouchables. I'm totally on board with keeping Julio Teheran. But "four or six" untouchables? Jeez.
well i think the only really untouchables are Teheran, Pastrinicky and Salcedo (Patrinicky and Salacedo mainly because we have very few position prospects and we will need them soon) but wren will not give up the others unless its a fair deal. And it would have to be a lot in return to make it a fair deal for those players.

edit: and not to mention that all of those players besides Salacedo are either already ready or will be by this time next year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sharp said:

Lets get real. All the fans in that audience were Mets fans anyway. There's no such thing as a Natinals fan. Let alone one that shows up to a ball game.

Morosi said:
BULLETIN: Drew Pomeranz scratched from start at AA Akron. #Indians are known to be serious about Ubaldo Jimenez.

No friggin way. Pomeranz was warming up for his start tonight and then they just yanked him midway through his warmups. Something is brewing.

Sharp

You're right darkside, there are no Nats fans. None whatsoever. Some of us pretend to be Nats fans but we never attend the ballgames. Thank you for clarifying that point.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sharp said:
You're right darkside, there are no Nats fans. None whatsoever. Some of us pretend to be Nats fans but we never attend the ballgames. Thank you for clarifying that point.

Man it's just a joke about how awful Nats attendance is.

Although to be fair to the Nationals most people wouldn't pay to see the current product on the field for good reason.

Sharp

Nats attendance is actually not that bad, all things considered. It should be a lot worse given the product on the field. Rays are the real travesty, they put out an excellent major league product and nobody gives a shit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Morosi said:
Matt McBride, 26, was scratched from same AA Akron game. Unclear if he’s being promoted or dealt.

Buster said:
If the CLE-COL deal of Ubaldo Jimenez gets done, Kipnis probably won't be a part of it.

Sherman said:
#Yankees took all #Rockies wanted off table - Banuelos, Betances, Montero, Nova - and offered Hughes and others

Lol Cashman. That's golden.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Dodgers and Cardinals have a deal for Rafael Furcal. But Furcal still has to waive his no-trade clause. He has 24 hours.

He should accept it. Hes not gonna get resigned next year.. Gordon's gonna play prob everyday when the roster expands

INDIANS GET: RHP Ubaldo Jimenez
ROCKIES GET: LHP Drew Pomeranz, RHP Alex White, OF Matt McBride

Pomeranz cannot be announced as part of the deal until August 16. So it will be officially announced as White, McBride and a PTBNL.

Doytch

jakncoke said:
At this point, i'll take anything with Alvarez.
yeah, i really liked him going into this year, but im pretty much over him. i dont even think hes a major league starter anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom