• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsior

Every Yankee has a hit
Every Yankee has scored a run
Every Yankee has an RBI except Granderson.
At the end of the second inning.

Doytch

That trade seems really nice for the Indians. Pomeranz is being considered a two-pitch reliever now, and McBride hasn't played an inning in the field in at least five years.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So what's the record for highest scoring game in baseball history?
What was the most runs in a game in Major League Baseball?

The record for the most runs scored by a single team in a MLB game took place on June 29, 1897 when the Chicago Colts defeated the Louisville Colonels 36-7.

The most runs recorded in the modern era game occurred on August 22, 2007 when the Texas Rangers defeated the Baltimore Orioles 30-3.

The highest scoring MLB game ever recorded was a nail-biter as the Chicago Cubs edged out the Philadelphia Phillies by a score of 26 to 23 on August 25, 1922 for a total of 49 runs.

McNei1y

lol I remember that O's game. I never got to watch it but when I was at a party that night, I saw the highlights on ESPN. It blew everyones mind.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I am so freaking nervous about this trade deadline. Lineup would be leaps and bounds better with a .350 plus OBP guy.

Mostly I just want it to be over.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Astros want a package centered around High-A catcher Christian Bethancourt. I'd actually be fine with that.

Windu

CygnusXS said:
The Astros want a package centered around High-A catcher Christian Bethancourt. I'd actually be fine with that.
yeah me too. He has a lot of talent but i'm not sure if he will put it together. Still only 19 though.

Ubaldo has taken the mound against the Padres, but Esmil Rogers is warming up in the Rockies bullpen.

CygnusXS said:

FUCKING DO IT!

McNei1y

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
That must have been a legendary recap.

ESPN did some run counter thing at the bottom of the screen and it just kept going up and up and up. Everyone was like "noo way..." everytime it went higher. "no wayyy. NO WAYYY!" Imagine a lot of drunk people reactions too.

Heyman says Rockies are now getting a 4th player in the deal and that's what's holding it up. Jimenez will be lifted as soon as the deal is official.

CygnusXS

@ScoutingtheSAL Mike Newman
@Jim_Powell Made positive adjustments this season on offense & def. I think he has the highest ceiling of any pos. prospect in the system.

Talking about Bethancourt.

Windu

AnEternalEnigma said:
Heyman says Rockies are now getting a 4th player in the deal and that's what's holding it up. Jimenez will be lifted as soon as the deal is official.
it would be hilarious if he got hurt before deal was complete.
@ScoutingtheSAL Mike Newman
@Jim_Powell Made positive adjustments this season on offense & def. I think he has the highest ceiling of any pos. prospect in the system.

Talking about Bethancourt.
yep certainly has talent, but with McCann being under contract till 2013 and the likelihood of him resigning i think we can draft and develop a replacement for him by the time he is out of a braves uniform.

but if Betancourt is what it takes to not include those other 6, then so be it. I just hope its not much more than him.

JABEE said:
Howard's a bum. He should have went to third to complete cycle.

LOL. It is nice to see him getting some hitable pitches and actually hit them. It would be nice to see him get hot and carry this team to another division title.

McNei1y said:
ESPN did some run counter thing at the bottom of the screen and it just kept going up and up and up. Everyone was like "noo way..." everytime it went higher. "no wayyy. NO WAYYY!" Imagine a lot of drunk people reactions too.
LOL I have to see if I can track that down.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AnEternalEnigma said:
Jimenez doesn't look like he gives a shit out there. 4 runs in the first inning.
Why would they sacrifice the game for this? Shouldn't have started him.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ubaldo should continue to hit even on the indians. He's probaly a better hitter than half of their lineup.

CygnusXS

via LL

NelsonK.gif.opt.gif

Windu

eznark said:
Jiminez is going to be a miserable failure for the Indians.
yeah their fans are going to be disappointed if they are expecting a ace. Then again, he is moving to the AL central.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom