• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corran Horn said:
And then the As fire their manager...lol

Watching AL managers try to deal with no DH is great.
The Angels and A's were fucking it up so much vs. the Mets I thought Gary/Keith/Ron were going to start trolling. Well Keith anyway.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I swear to Jesus, if we trade for Bourn while Span is still available, and then someone else acquires Span for less than we gave up for Bourn, my head will literally explode.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Stark
#Nationals making headway on deal w #Twins for Span. Twins insisting Storen has to be in deal along w 2nd player.

Span for Storen + Bernadina is what I'm betting on.

Morosi
Jason Marquis close to being traded to #DBacks, source say

I don't understand this at all. It's a small move trying to go for it since you're only 4 back, but who is Marquis actually an upgrade over for the DBacks?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CygnusXS said:
I swear to Jesus, if we trade for Bourn while Span is still available, and then someone else acquires Span for less than we gave up for Bourn, my head will literally explode.
yeah that would suck..but Bourn does come with the added benefit of great puns.

jakncoke

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Stark

Morosi

I don't understand this at all. It's a small move trying to go for it since you're only 4 back, but who is Marquis actually an upgrade over for the DBacks?

barry enright?

McNei1y

darkside31337 said:
Stark

Morosi

The span trade: Kill Me. I wouldn't give up Storen for Span. I would do Clippard and Bernadina for Span though.

The Marquis trade: I like it. My only problem is that we have to use Maya now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Shannon Drayer

Source says PTBNL in the #Mariners #Tigers trade is indeed one Detroit's top 3 picks from 2010 draft. Can't be traded until signed for 1 yr

A pretty big haul for a PTBNL.

If accurate that's either Castellanos, Ruffin or Smyly. Ruffin was on the bigs for the briefest stint of coffee and then sent back to the minors before the deal so he's eligible to be the PTBNL.

McNei1y

For Marquis: Nats get 21 yr old SS Zach Walters (.302/.377 /.485 in A) and the Diamondbacks will take on the rest of Marquis' salary (2.47M)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
McNei1y said:
The span trade: Kill Me. I wouldn't give up Storen for Span. I would do Clippard and Bernadina for Span though.
Span is far, far more valuable than Storen or any reliever. Smith is getting fucking fleeced. I am livid over this trade. This hurts the team now and gives up one of their most valuable players in the core of the team. The Twins ate fucked for the next two or three years.

But hey at least Storen will pitch 65 awesome innings a year.

Fucking fire Bill Smith. Fuck.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Oh good. It might be a three way deal now. With the Yankees. Trading away Liriano too. What. The. Fuck. Worst GM in baseball.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why does smith insist on getting 1 poopoo reliever a year?

predicting sharp to show why storen is not a poopoo

Meohsix

Rays dont have a hit yet in the 6th inning. Which doesn't surprise me at all. didn't they get no hit like 5 times last season?

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Clippard has been better than Storen. The Yankees know that, obviously, but I guess the Nationals believe Storen will be better next year.

Get it done Rizzo.

Malo

Banned
Lambtron said:
Oh good. It might be a three way deal now. With the Yankees. Trading away Liriano too. What. The. Fuck. Worst GM in baseball.
Should of been fired after the Santana trade.

McNei1y

Joey Fox said:
Clippard has been better than Storen. The Yankees know that, obviously, but I guess the Nationals believe Storen will be better next year.

Get it done Rizzo.

Clippard has been much better than Storen but I'd rather trade Clippard than Storen since we have him longer and he can still develop.

Either way, getting Span would be huge.

Good trade for the Orioles too.

Jangocube

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
MacPhail tends to made decent trades. If only he got over his propensity to sign bad relievers.

Yeah, Kevin Gregg was an idiotic move. If only Uehara would have been healthy at the start of the season then the O's could have saved some cash.

Interesting to see what we do with Davis. Might use him at 1st/DH next year. But oh god, Davis and Reynolds in the same lineup is going to be a strikeout pitchers heaven.

McNei1y

Jangocube said:
Interesting to see what we do with Davis. Might use him at 1st/DH next year. But oh god, Davis and Reynolds in the same lineup is going to be a strikeout pitchers heaven.

Get ready for that this year since they are also looking to move Derek Lee asap. That lineup should be fun to watch.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Jangocube said:
Yeah, Kevin Gregg was an idiotic move. If only Uehara would have been healthy at the start of the season then the O's could have saved some cash.

I still have the scars from Mike Gonzalez, too.

And both Hunter and Davis should play right away. They may have already dealt Lee.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
McNei1y said:
Get ready for that this year since they are also looking to move Derek Lee asap. That lineup should be fun to watch.

Is he a higher touted prospect than Snyder? He went to my high school so I'd like him to make it.

Jangocube

Banned
McNei1y said:

As they should.

And yeah, it's gonna be quite amusing watching them now. Reynolds/Davis/Vladdy. That's a lot of strikes in the dirt.

Rodeo Clown said:
I still have the scars from Mike Gonzalez, too.

And both Hunter and Davis should play right away. They may have already dealt Lee.

Damn, that was quick if true!

McNei1y

Jangocube said:
As they should.

And yeah, it's gonna be quite amusing watching them now. Reynolds/Davis/Vladdy. That's a lot of strikes in the dirt.

rofl, O's are my second team but I still have to laugh at that. Hey, at least they have the potential to hit bombs, m i rite?!

McNei1y

Joey Fox said:
Is he a higher touted prospect than Snyder? He went to my high school so I'd like him to make it.

Chris Davis? He played in 80 games for the Rangers in 2008 and 112 in 2009. He wasn't going to play with the Rangers much anyway because of their depth so this gives him a chance to shine. He has been tearing it up in AAA this year (24 homers with a .368/.405/.824 in 210 appearances). I've wanted Chris Davis for a couple years now with the Nats but I'm glad he's with the O's now.

I don't really know anything about Brandon Snyder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom