• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Kind of hate the Ubaldo trade. We waited a decade to have a ton of arms in the minors and just traded away our two best for a guy who has lost his FB velocity. Also the third pitcher in the deal is an extreme sinkerballer having a bad season in AA. I wouldn't mind it if we didn't already have a "former #1" on our staff trying to figure shit out.

Kevin_Goldstein Source: Ubaldo deal 100% not done, teams still talking, start threw wrench into things.
7 minutes ago

Indians FO getting cold feet?

ToxicAdam said:
Indians FO getting cold feet?

There was that thing someone reported earlier about the Yankees asking the Rockies to do a physical on Ubaldo. They supposedly refused and the Yankees immediately shut down discussions. Might be something to it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
AdamRubinESPN
Mets have been shut out four previous times this season. Other starting pitchers: Halladay, Lincecum, Jurrjens, Kershaw. Now Maya?

I was surprised Maya didn't give up any runs tonight.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
JABEE said:
What do you mean? I was just responding to someone who acted like I thought this game meant Howard has been consistently good this season. It was a good game. I was just responding to Yankeehater about the mediocre player comment and made my point.
its just that you keep on using stats like RBIs to argue your point.
AnEternalEnigma said:
There was that thing someone reported earlier about the Yankees asking the Rockies to do a physical on Ubaldo. They supposedly refused and the Yankees immediately shut down discussions. Might be something to it.
heh good point.

Jangocube

Banned
h3ro said:
Where's jangocube?

VHUW8.gif

Chillin

Nothing like calling up a struggling rookie who was sent down to fix mechanical issues but never did only to struggle even more in AAA when he was down to be called up against the stem cell allstars!

O's pitching is god awful. Throw in a little league park and there ya go...

JohnTinker said:
Keep seeing Derek Lee to the Pirates on twitter

Doesn't look like the O's are getting much here from what the initial reports are saying

Bruce Bochy just told a beat reporter the Giants are going to announce another trade tonight.

Andrew Baggarly said:
Giants will announce a trade tonight, Bochy says.

Bourne? Derrek Lee? Old Hoss Radbourn? Hopefully we'll have the answer soon. Players know squat.

zychi

Banned
Anyone watch "the franchise" on showtime? Show about the Giants? Just saw an ad during the mma fight. Gonna try and check it out.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sharp said:
Y2Kev?

He got taken out quickly enough not to do too much damage.
No, never. I had a psyduck avatar years ago. Because psyduck is the best pokemon and is awesome.

But I don't really enjoy Psylidge, I don't get it.

Rafael Furcal to the Cardinals is a done deal as Furcal has officially waived his no-trade clause. Dodgers will be getting a minor-league OF back that is not in the Cards' 40-man roster.

DERREK LE-EDIT: Pirates are close to acquiring 1B Derrek Lee from the Orioles. The Orioles would get back high-A 1B Aaron Baker.

So pumped for this Weaver vs. Verlander match up tomorrow. My predition, as biased as possible-

Verlander 8.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 9 K

Weaver 7.0 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 10 K

;)

I really am not worried about Ubaldo Jimenez going to the Indians. I mean we all know the Tigers will fall apart sooner or later and the White Sox will end up clinching.

jakncoke

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Rafael Furcal to the Cardinals is a done deal as Furcal has officially waived his no-trade clause. Dodgers will be getting a minor-league OF back that is not in the Cards' 40-man roster.

DERREK LE-EDIT: Pirates are close to acquiring 1B Derrek Lee from the Orioles. The Orioles would get back high-A 1B Aaron Baker.

Not bad although he basically does what Overbay does. So im not sure what they are thinking.

ToxicAdam

Wouldn't be surprised if the Indians land Ludwick tomorrow also.

Keith Law kills the Giants:

keithlaw
The Giants, tired of playing a statue (Tejada) or an automatic out (Crawford) at short, acquire Orlando Cabrera, who is both

--- /// ---

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Did the Indians even give up anyone decent? Just heard trade happened.

3 out 4 of our top pitching prospects.

Pom is the big star (in A ball now)
White is MLB ready
Gardner has an elite sinkerball (but is struggling in AA)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AnEternalEnigma said:
Indians demanded Ubaldo take a physical before the deal became official. They are currently awaiting the results.

It was utterly inexcusable and beyond any kind of reason to not only have Ubaldo start the game with that deal far along but then to have him throw 45 pitches in an inning, really?

I can't imagine the Indians were too happy about how it went down today.

jonmorosi said:
#Nats - #Twins talks have become a "staredown," according to source. MIN waiting for WAS to include Storen.

Sanjuro

DevelopmentArrested said:
terrible move for indians, they aren't as good as they think they are
then again, glad they got him and not the yanks or red sox.
Glad we didn't get him as well.

I still scratch my head a bit here. Indians are having an excellent year, but they are the lightning in a bottle team much like the Giants.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Glad we didn't get him as well.

I still scratch my head a bit here. Indians are having an excellent year, but they are the lightning in a bottle team much like the Giants.

Uh, if they won the WS and Ubaldo is a big part of it, it's one of the GOAT trades in Cleveland history. Flags fly forever. Ubaldo would get a statue built the day after they won in a city like Cleveland.

Rosenthal said:
WhiteSox seeking rotation depth. Traded Jackson to save money, now concerned they're too thin.

Way to go there Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom