• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
eznark said:
Has Schaefer been busted twice for juicing or just the once? Is he one strike from banishment?
he was busted once in the minors, there was no real evidence though.

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
he was busted once in the minors, there was no real evidence though.

I was more thinking of the potential risk of trading for him, from a suspension standpoint. No evidence, I assume he failed a test?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MLBTR
A Todd Coffey trade will be announced soon, tweets Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post. Lefty Atahualpa Severino is on call as his replacement.

Coffey for Span obviously.

And Atahualpa Severino is a pretty sick name.

Meier

Hope the Raffy trade goes through. Maybe we can then spend that $13 million or whatever on a power hitting 1B or 3B.

Lulz, who am I kidding.

JABEE

Braves made a really good trade. Bourn has become a good player since he went to Houston.

Also:
Jon Heyman said:
#phillies still showing interest in padres pen. have liked adams more. but could give rangers/yankees company on be

If the Phillies get Mike Adams I'd be ecstatic. Padres scouts have been scouting the Phillies' Triple A pitching.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AndrewBaggarly said:
I'm told Brian Sabean is still actively working the phones. Looking for leadoff help. Giants were in on Bourn b4 Braves got him.

Honestly surprised they haven't been rumored at all for Span. I suppose Sabean wouldn't do Brian Wilson for Span but that'd be something.

Sherman said:
#Redsox found issues beyond elbow/back with Harden, asked #A’s for contingency deal based on how much pitched, Oak wouldn’t, deal collapsed

I am utterly shocked that there would be red flags on Rich Harden's physical. Seriously why even have him take one?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Maxim726X said:
Wade is an idiot, I'm sorry. The Phillies deal was great, but this trade was just stupid. The Astros got NOTHING of value.
Completely agree.

I want that fucker gone now. It's bad enough the team will be complete shit and a laughing stock of the league for years to come now, but to not even
get really anything of value back for Bourn... Who is a gold glove CF and a true lead off hitter. In all my years being a Stros fan, this is the worst I have ever seen this franchise.

Ed Wade is a complete douche.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
hemtae said:
So is like Carlos Lee the franchise guy now lol
:(

Yea the face of the franchise is an overpaid over the hill fat fuck.

Kill me.

Maxim726X

Matrix said:
Completely agree.

I want that fucker gone now. It's bad enough the team will be complete shit and a laughing stock of the league for years to come now, but to not even
get really anything of value back for Bourn... Who is a gold glove CF and a true lead off hitter. In all my years being a Stros fan, this is the worst I have ever seen this franchise.

The trade for Pence was a good one... But this was just silly. Astros are done for a few years, that's for sure.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Matrix said:
Completely agree.

Have faith. The team is looking really good for 2017.

I honestly don't get why there is no interest in Wandy Rodriguez. If all it took was a pure salary dump why would teams not jump in? He's not really overpaid and its obvious the Astros just want to unload that contract.

Maxim726X

darkside31337 said:

I honestly don't get why there is no interest in Wandy Rodriguez. If all it took was a pure salary dump why would teams not jump in? He's not really overpaid and its obvious the Astros just want to unload that contract.

He'll be a Yankmee by the end of the day.

McNei1y

Speculations for Span is Storen, Bernadina, and maybe Destin Hood. If that trade goes through then Rizzo should be fired. Destin Hood is way too good. If that's what it takes to get Span than I don't see why we didn't offer that up for Pence or Bourn since Storen and Hood are better than any of the other players that were traded.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Doytch said:
Is it just me or is this trade deadline pretty crazy? Rasmus, Ubaldo, Pence, Beltran, Bourn, maybe Upton and Heath plus all the requisite relievers.
the rapage of the asstros by wade (and his former employer) is complete so it should slow down next year

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
McNei1y said:
Speculations for Span is Storen, Bernadina, and maybe Destin Hood. If that trade goes through then Rizzo should be fired. Destin Hood is way too good. If that's what it takes to get Span than I don't see why we didn't offer that up for Pence or Bourn since Storen and Hood are better than any of the other players that were traded.

Seriously?

Rizzo should be given an extension if he managed to pull off Span for Storen + Bernadina + Hood.

McNei1y

darkside31337 said:
Seriously?

Rizzo should be given an extension if he managed to pull off Span for Storen + Bernadina + Hood.

Yes, seriously. I'm all for giving up Storen + Bernadina + a mid level prospect but both Lombardozzi and Hood are some of our top prospects and should be no where near mentioned in such a trade. Rizzo should be basing the trade off other moves so far like Rasmus and Bourn.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
eznark said:
I was more thinking of the potential risk of trading for him, from a suspension standpoint. No evidence, I assume he failed a test?
nope, no test. He was just accused of HGH use and then suspended.

Celsior

darkside31337 said:

YES network just said they want a high prospect for him if they want to pay for part of his salary. Yanks said no.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
McNei1y said:
Yes, seriously. I'm all for giving up Storen + Bernadina + a mid level prospect but both Lombardozzi and Hood are some of our top prospects.

They are two of them yes, but we have other options at those positions. Not so much at Center Field. Hopefully Rizzo works a swindle though and gets another prospect worth something from the Twins if we give up those three.

McNei1y

Joey Fox said:
They are two of them yes, but we have other options at those positions. Not so much at Center Field. Hopefully Rizzo works a swindle though and gets another prospect worth something from the Twins if we give up those three.

I mean if we got another quality prospect in return than I'd probably do it but those three for Span alone is giving up a lot on our part.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't think anybody would put either of those guys anywhere near the top of the Nats prospects rankings.

Keith Law said:
This rumor that the Nats and Twins are fighting over Steve Lombardozzi Jr - maybe a future utility guy - discredits both organizations.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
clemenx said:
Everyone everywhere seems to be underrating Span a lot.

And massively overrating borderline prospects in the Nats organization.

This ain't trading away Harper. Or even Cole. Or Ray.

And you're getting back Span.

McNei1y said:
And quoting Keith Law backs up your point? Come on son.

Keith Law is pretty damn good at his job. And the common consensus from really anybody who does prospects for a living is that neither of the guys rumored in the deal are worth a whole lot.

Storen is a nice reliever, but in the end he's just a reliever. Bernadina, really? Come on.

Nationals should be jumping all over that deal for Span.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
And massively overrating borderline prospects in the Nats organization.

This ain't trading away Harper. Or even Cole. Or Ray.

And you're getting back Span.

Keith Law is pretty damn good at his job. And the common consensus from really anybody who does prospects for a living is that neither of the guys rumored in the deal are worth a whole lot.

Storen is a nice reliever, but in the end he's just a reliever. Bernadina, really? Come on.

Nationals should be jumping all over that deal for Span.

Bernadina + Storen is a great deal but also putting into the guy who should be replacing Desmond is too much for me.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I don't exactly have a problem with Rizzo continuing to haggle. I can't think of another team with a young reliever that's likely to swoop in.

McNei1y

clemenx said:
Everyone everywhere seems to be underrating Span a lot.
I'm not trying to. He's a great player. I just want people to understand lombardozzi is doing better in the minors than our starting shortstop has done. Trading a piece like that just hurts for another year or two. As for hood he's a pretty damn good hitting outfielder who has thrived in all levels so far. I am probably a bit biased so that may make my opinion sort of unrealistic but I know that trading an mlb closer, an mlb 4th of, and a player with the potential of hood or lombo is too much IMO compared to what many of the trades have been so far.

clemenx

Banned
Also, how in the world was Pence seen as more valuable than Bourn? Bourn is easily the better player in the premium position, makes no sense.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Replacement for Ian Desmond isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world to find.

Trading a reliever, a 4th OF, and a prospect who at best will turn into an average SS with probably no chance of getting that close for a CF with this as his contract 11:$1M, 12:$3M, 13:$4.75M, 14:$6.5M, 15:$9M club option ($0.5M buyout) is seriously a steal.

Span is worth a lot more than that package. I can't even fathom why the Twins would do that trade.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Is it just me or is this trade deadline pretty crazy? Rasmus, Ubaldo, Pence, Beltran, Bourn, maybe Upton and Heath plus all the requisite relievers.
Red Sox are in talks to obtain Jose Bautista for John Lackey and Jason Varitek.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Heyman said:
#jays are indeed showing interest in #rockies catcher ianetta. toronto would seem to have decent catching already.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Figured the Jays would be one of those teams looking forward to be massively disappointed by Ian Stewart if there was a Jays / Rockies deal to be had.

see5harp

Wow Barry Zito. So happy to see that thanks to yoga, you no longer have crippling panic attacks when you give up 3 runs in the first inning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom