• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

I'm currently in the U.S. Can I buy games that are region locked in my home country?

A friend recently gifted me Bulletstorm but I was not allowed to download it.

Any US GAFfer's wanting to do a 4 pack for Left 4 Dead 2? My brother and I would want to get in on that. We are in Aus, and don't want the damn censored version :(

1. US Host?
2. Sutton Dagger
3. My Bro
4. snoopeasystreet

PM me if interested. Will Paypal for myself and brother straight away.

EDIT: We have the fourth slot filled now as well, someone else (not from US) just PM'ed me. So now all we need is a US host.

looking for an us gaffer, i need these games:
jamestown
king's bonty crossroads
steam id: witchedwiz
i'll paypal instantly..

if you send me a pm and i'm not answering right away bear me some patience, it's 1:00 AM here and i'm going to sleep, gonna wake up in 6 hours since tomorrow morning i've got another training course @ work, le-sigh :) (i'm in cet time)

la_briola

I'm from Germany and the Left 4 Dead Bundle is censored...
If someone (e.g. from the US) gifts me the game, do I need to activate it with a non-German IP?

If no:

Is there anyone who can gift me the uncensored Left 4 Dead Bundle?
I can pay via paypal or gift something equal. :)

Atrophis

Im looking for Far Cry 2 and Kings Bounty The Legend in exchange for Frozen Synapse. Anyone who missed it going cheap the other day, nows your chance!

Doomrider

la_briola said:
I'm from Germany and the Left 4 Dead Bundle is censored...
If someone (e.g. from the US) gifts me the game, do I need to activate it with a non-German IP?

If no:

Is there anyone who can gift me the uncensored Left 4 Dead Bundle?
I can pay via paypal or gift something equal. :)

I can help, but I need someone to tell me if I can gift a bundle if I already have it? I remember reading something about extra copies...?

I have no idea if you would have to activate it with a non-German IP, though.

I'm in Europe, BTW.

Edit: Going to bed now. I can do it tomorrow morning, if I can actually gift a bundle I already have and if you're interested.

la_briola

Doomrider said:
I can help, but I need someone to tell me if I can gift a bundle if I already have it? I remember reading something about extra copies...?

I have no idea if you would have to activate it with a non-German IP, though.

I'm in Europe, BTW.

Edit: Going to bed now. I can do it tomorrow morning, if I can actually gift a bundle I already have and if you're interested.

sure, I'm interested :)

Doomrider

la_briola said:
sure, I'm interested :)

And I'm still around here after all, damn the internets. It would be better if someone could confirm there's no problem downloading the games, with you being in Germany and all.

If there's not, we could do this right now.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
L0st Id3ntity said:
I'm currently in the U.S. Can I buy games that are region locked in my home country?

A friend recently gifted me Bulletstorm but I was not allowed to download it.

Damn, i hope that's not the case. I wanted to try and get the uncensored version of Left 4 Dead 2 since the Aussie version is censored.

Any Aussies had any success getting the uncensored version?

la_briola

Doomrider said:
And I'm still around here after all, damn the internets. It would be better if someone could confirm there's no problem downloading the games, with you being in Germany and all.

If there's not, we could do this right now.

yes, we should wait

Shaneus

Sutton Dagger said:
Any UK GAF members able to gift me Batman GOTY? Can Paypal straight away.
Is it really worth it to save barely $2, some of which you should donate to the buyer as a form of goodwill?

Parham

Banned
witchedwiz said:
looking for an us gaffer, i need these games:
jamestown
king's bonty crossroads
steam id: witchedwiz
i'll paypal instantly..

if you send me a pm and i'm not answering right away bear me some patience, it's 1:00 AM here and i'm going to sleep, gonna wake up in 6 hours since tomorrow morning i've got another training course @ work, le-sigh :) (i'm in cet time)
PM sent!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, since there seems to be other Aussies biting I'll bite too.

Looking for someone to gift me the uncensored version of L4D2. Will pay straight away with paypal.
SteamID: mr_natural48

I can only stay on for another hour, failing that I'll try again later tonight.
Just add me and I should see it.

Edit: Some really awesome people on this forum. Thanks guys!

makaveli13

Neo Member
Kind Gaffers,
If anyone can gift this poor Aussie the uncut Left for Dead 2 version while it is on sale it would be much appreaciated. steam ID (if needed now) is donmakaveli13. Will pay right away.

Edit - GAF is awesome - thanks so much Cosmic Mouser

Le-mo

makaveli13 said:
Kind Gaffers,
If anyone can gift this poor Aussie the uncut Left for Dead 2 version while it is on sale it would be much appreaciated. steam ID (if needed now) is donmakaveli13. Will pay right away.
PM sent!

Edit: I meant friend request.

hey guys I'm posting on behalf of someone else for a copy of L4D2 he can pay straight away. steam ID is Darkdestany. He cant post on here yet. cheers.

Le-mo

demon arm said:
Looks like the L4D2 for Frozen Synapse deal isn't that attractive =(

So: still looking for Left 4 Dead 2 (UK/US) as long as it's on sale - will pay ASAP by Paypal OR you can trade for 1 key for Frozen Synapse.
Friend request sent!

Doomrider

la_briola said:
yes, we should wait

Ok, so Australians don't seem to have trouble with the uncensored version of L4D. If you still don't have it, just give me your Steam ID here or PM it to me and we'll take care of it.

la_briola

Doomrider said:
Ok, so Australians don't seem to have trouble with the uncensored version of L4D. If you still don't have it, just give me your Steam ID here or PM it to me and we'll take care of it.

PM sent.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
suikodan said:
I'd like to be part of a Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 4-pack. Anyone interested?
Can I? I don't have paypal but I can gift other games, AE it's not available in my region thanks to gfwl.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm from the UK, I live in Taiwan. Since I don't have a Taiwanese credit card I can't buy anything. Not even PayPal works. Is there a way around this? Or does someone want to gift me the GTA IV Collection?

EDIT: My credit card seems to be working now.

suikodan

I'd like to be part of a Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 4-pack. Anyone interested?

I could host but I only accept Paypal, not gifts or other things.

Top Bottom