• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

Keys

Visualante said:
wilflare tried to help me get the game from GMG, it didn't work, my bank blocked it. Now I can't even buy from the UK store of GMG so beware, talk to your bank first.

"The credit card used has previously been used on a different Green Man Gaming account. For security reasons, please log into your main account to make your purchase."

This is despite clicking "do not remember my card details".

wilflare helped me too and everything went fine, I got the code and now I'm preloading. Thanks wilflare btw.

mojiimbo said:
Had it been used by another account? They're probably being cautious so people can't exploit the referral system.
Not really. I tried to use it on the other account but the payment was declined.

edit. Update spoke to bank, they claim GMG was "suspicious". Payment went through.

wilflare

glad everything worked out fine in the end :D
once again, fellow GAFs, PM me if you need help with regional pricing, more than happy to help :D

MNC

wilflare said:
glad everything worked out fine in the end :D
once again, fellow GAFs, PM me if you need help with regional pricing, more than happy to help :D
You can do stuff with the regional pricing on GMG? Anyway, you just got alot of credit on GMG didn't you :mad:

wilflare

MNC said:
You can do stuff with the regional pricing on GMG? Anyway, you just got alot of credit on GMG didn't you :mad:

be it steam or gmg :D will be more than happy to help :D
:)X on the gmg part: it's a win-win situation) hope it doesn't go against any rules

Caerith

Toothless Spoon said:
Does anyone know if a game is gifted from the Us to Aus, does that mean you have to use the US servers if it is a multiplayer game??
I've never heard of that being the case.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Strange that this thread is on the front page now as I just got an e-mail from "Steam Store" that a friend had gifted me Counterstrike Complete. Great, I thought, except I have no friends on Steam. I loaded it up but alas there was no gift waiting for me. Read the e-mail closer and it wanted me to click on a link in the body to retrieve the game. Oh. A phishing scam. Weird because I haven't logged into Steam for months until yesterday to check out the Bastion demo.

Is this a common phish?

Caerith

worldrevolution said:
Strange that this thread is on the front page now as I just got an e-mail from "Steam Store" that a friend had gifted me Counterstrike Complete. Great, I thought, except I have no friends on Steam. I loaded it up but alas there was no gift waiting for me. Read the e-mail closer and it wanted me to click on a link in the body to retrieve the game. Oh. A phishing scam. Weird because I haven't logged into Steam for months until yesterday to check out the Bastion demo.

Is this a common phish?
If it's a phish, I'd think they'd go with something newer like Modern Warfare 3. But, on the technical side of things, gifting works one of two ways: direct through Steam or via email. If someone isn't on your Steam friendslist, or doesn't know you're on Steam, they can send a gift via email to you. The gift does take the form of a link that prompts you to join Steam, etc etc.

You'll have to use your discretion as always, but if it looks legit (ie, not from someone's @yahoo) then you might as well click the link and see whether you get a game out of it or just prompted for your credit card and social security number.

Caerith said:
I've never heard of that being the case.

Cool I just wanted to check, even though I'm gonna look at getting Rage, Skyrim, and Space marines gifted, I just didn't want to be stuck with US servers etc for the multi in rage and Space marines. :p

wilflare

Toothless Spoon said:
Cool I just wanted to check, even though I'm gonna look at getting Rage, Skyrim, and Space marines gifted, I just didn't want to be stuck with US servers etc for the multi in rage and Space marines. :p

i have no info on that haha but if u need help with regional pricing for those games, lemme know :D

eemijun

Neo Member
Just realized I had an extra Dirt3 CD Key from those competitions a while back. Send me a PM and I will randomly pick a name for the messages, or if you want to offer something for it then you'll get it, but it will most likely go for free.

Edit- Gone

I haven't been able to make a steam purchase using my card anymore for some reason, I got insufficient funds message, but I've check with my bank and I have no problem with my cards.

can someone gift me Bastion and Deus Ex HR? I can paypal in advance.

thank you.

edit: thanks mojimbo for the help, and wilfare, thanks for the offer too

wilflare

bigjimmystyle said:
Hey guys, hoping someone can gift me Deus Ex: HR. Can Paypal immediately.
Cheers!

Callibretto said:
I haven't been able to make a steam purchase using my card anymore for some reason, I got insufficient funds message, but I've check with my bank and I have no problem with my cards.

can someone gift me Bastion and Deus Ex HR? I can paypal in advance.

thank you.

check your PMs :D

Libo

Neo Member
Hello ladies and gents, I am looking for a kind soul from the US to gift me Deus Ex: HR. I have PayPal at the ready. Thanks in advance.

*Edit* Thanks to wilflare for helping me out, ended up saving $30.

wilflare

if anyone still wants to jump on Deus Ex: HR with all the TF2 preorder goodies (or even if you don't), the Preorder on Steam is still available for me (1 Day 13 Hours left as of this post) as the game has yet to unlock for me, if you wanna get after reading all the glowing reviews, shoot me a PM :D

don't miss this :D

ASilva

Neo Member
If anyone is interested in a Borderlands 4-pack and can host (from the US), me and Fl1pp13 are interested aswell. We're both from the EU so neither of us can host (more expensive).

wilflare

wilflare said:
if anyone still wants to jump on Deus Ex: HR with all the TF2 preorder goodies (or even if you don't), the Preorder on Steam is still available for me (1 Day 13 Hours left as of this post) as the game has yet to unlock for me, if you wanna get after reading all the glowing reviews, shoot me a PM :D

don't miss this :D

last call! :D

would love to help with the GOTY packs but already got the game and I can't buy the 4packs zzz

R1CHO

ASilva said:
If anyone is interested in a Borderlands 4-pack and can host (from the US), me and Fl1pp13 are interested aswell. We're both from the EU so neither of us can host (more expensive).

I am interested too... also from the EU

Citizen K

Hi could someone also gift me Metro 2033 ($5) from the US steam store please? I'd paypal straight away! PM if anyone can please.

edit - no longer needed. Much thanks to Caerith.

Wings1

Neo Member
Since I've received help from gaffers in this thread earlier, I want to return the favor. So if someone from the UK (or even the US) is after Metro 2033 and wants to get it for the cheap euro price, send me a pm. The daily deal is only €2.50 for it here.

Darkenmal

Banned
Can someone gift me Metro 2033 before the deal comes out? If its after the deal is done please don't bother.

I can pay through paypal immediately.. thanks.

Top Bottom