• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Cheebs said:
Uh we have had comparison shots, it is brighter. Even fucking MAF admited it's brighter. :lol

Cheebs...I am referring to DS>PSP comparison, not old DS>DS Lite

Cheebs

isamu said:
Cheebs...I am referring to DS>PSP comparison, not old DS>DS Lite
I know. We had PSP ones and DS lite was brighter. MAF even admited it. That is why I said that. ;)

Here is the image

106712335_a023823254_b.jpg

btrboyev

I'm not sure if I'm correct in assuming isamu is still thinking psp is brighter than ds lite...but yes the ds lite screen is brighter than psp and also sems to trump psp in bright light conditions.

Beowvlf

Banned
DCharlie said:
who was the poster who said that the demographic data that Nintendo was presenting was a total lie?
I know I never said anything that extreme, but I remember questioning it and thinking it may be rather overstated.

And that of course means I just got fuckowned. Like really badly. Really. I mean damn. Sometimes you just have to stand up, swallow your pride, and say 'holy shit I was so fucking wrong'.

Nintendo = 1. Me = 0.

I want a DS Lite, really badly... d(^^;)

Memles

Perhaps this launch shortage might not have been such a bad thing...if Nintendo is able to create this much interest on a daily/weekly basis between now and the 11th, and then as more shipments come in, they'll get a whole lot of press for it.

I definitely want me a DS Lite, but unless my attempt at Warranty fraud works out, I can't justify the expense.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cheebs said:
I know. We had PSP ones and DS lite was brighter. MAF even admited it. That is why I said that. ;)

Here is the image

You should add that they are both on their highest setting before someone asks if they are.

Jonnyram

More impressions!

+ Apples in Animal Crossing look good enough to eat
- The stylus tip is a little too big for Meteos - it's a lot less accurate than before
- My eyes hurt because it's too bright

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
How many were shipped?

ant1532

Banned
i want to see pics of dsl on sun settings playin animal crossing and nintendogs. if anyone can manage thanks a lot.

ant1532

Banned
meltpotato said:
82.000 units

jw, where u get that number? cant believe its that low, damn nintendo, i really think theyre just teasin us. anyways the only number i saw was from lik-sang which was them just "hearing" 93k...

ant1532 said:
jw, where u get that number? cant believe its that low, damn nintendo, i really think theyre just teasin us. anyways the only number i saw was from lik-sang which was them just "hearing" 93k...

can SWEAR i read 82.000 units. im trying to find where. i was really suprised so thats why i remember it. could be wrong though.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Cheebs said:

Here is the image

btrboyev said:
I'm not sure if I'm correct in assuming isamu is still thinking psp is brighter than ds lite...but yes the ds lite screen is brighter than psp and also sems to trump psp in bright light conditions.

Thanks guys that was the answer I was looking for :)

Frankfurter said:
So why don't we consider Xbox and Gamecube sales in Nort America "good" and say that PS2 sales totally insane? Simple: because it doesn't make sense.

At first, the DS broke all sales records in Japan, and is the fastest selling video gaming device of all time.
Second: So the ratio Playstation to Gamecube is only 2:1?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
To the people with DSL now,

Is the Speaker POP when you turn it off Fixed now or does it still pop?

Also when playing GBA at low volume is it still all crackly?

catfish said:

pop is reported to be gone or unapparent.

mj1108

catfish said:

From page 5:

Jonnyram said:
Quick impressions as I'm fairly late to work today ;)

- audible speaker pop on power on/off is gone, or at least much less obvious
- larger touchpen feels really nice, much more professional
- interface is same and has the same DS pic on the menu where you choose which screen you want GBA games on
- d-pad and buttons feel great, firm but not clicky
- plastic coating attracts fingerprints like the PSP
- GBA cart sticks out quite a bit, but doesn't get in the way of holding it, so it's cool
- screen brightness and contrast... :O

Jonnyram

The crackle at low volumes seems to be gone too.
I was playing Meteos at low volumes last night and it was crystal clear.

I never noticed until you reminded me :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for that, the low volume thing really bugged me. Speaker pop was just a thing, glad it's gone though.

number386

Those screen pics look amazing, I want one now! I was meaning to replay Castlevania DoS again, but now I want to wait for the DS lite to play it. :lol

I wish Nintendo reduced the screen size like the micro to get the razor sharp picture, but because of the touch screen and it's sensitivity I doubt it will happen. DS Lite still looks amazing.

I know some guy in Hong Kong who's offering me a DS Lite for just under £160. Seeing as a DS is £99 here, I think I may get it. He claims to have some to hand.

Anybody kept track of eBay for this stuff? I wouldn't mind knowing how much Lite's are going for, so I can decide whether to keep my Play Asia order as well and hopefully make the difference back when that one finally comes.

lancubap

Monorojo said:
Valkyrie Profile is above every single NDS title 0_o

Guess this DS lite craze isnt going to effect PSP one bit.

Gald to see it honestly, we need 2 popular handhelds on the market in EVERY market.

Ehm....Valkirie Profile can be a good game, but it remains a port...
Ehm....I agree with you that the PSP has some good game (more in USA & Europe than Japan), but the DS has a TON of good games, and another TON of AAA games will come in the future.

Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs, Castlevania, Kirby, Brain Training Series, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi 2, Advance Wars, Jump Superstar, and many many more and if we doens't count what we will have in the future:

Children of Mana, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario Bros. 4, Pokémon Diamand & Pearl, Metroid Prime Hunters, and a ton of A-AAA RPG, and another ton of good games.

And at E3 we will see sure more more games.

Well I think that you must understand that:

"It is not all gold what make light, and it is not all shit what it does not appeal to !!!"

f@luS

More than a member.
lancubap said:
Ehm....Valkirie Profile can be a good game, but it remains a port...
Ehm....I agree with you that the PSP has some good game (more in USA & Europe than Japan), but the DS has a TON of good games, and another TON of AAA games will come in the future.

Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs, Castlevania, Kirby, Brain Training Series, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi 2, Advance Wars, Jump Superstar, and many many more and if we doens't count what we will have in the future:

Children of Mana, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario Bros. 4, Pokémon Diamand & Pearl, Metroid Prime Hunters, and a ton of A-AAA RPG, and another ton of good games.

And at E3 we will see sure more more games.

Well I think that you must understand that:

"It is not all gold what make light, and it is not all shit what it does not appeal to !!!"

Well i have both DS and PSP , and i like PSP better...
i dont care about port or anything like that , if its a good game
and here in europe , we never had a lot of games
Im playing Tales of eternia , Dj max , Street fighter alpha 3 right now

Heaven

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
+Aliken+ said:
Only!?!
I was expecting numbers around the 500k
From earlier in this thread.
Nintendo has announced to ship a total of 450,000 Nintendo DS Lite units during the month of March, along with 200,000 old Nintendo DS models.

ibu

Thats numbers in the first month... Ninty states they plan to ship 500,000 in the first month. But the delay on the coloured units (march 11th) can't have helped matters

edit: 450,000

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
winston_pr said:
Yeah, this is found on the inner back cover of todays Famitsu. (#900 issue)

And I'm looking forward to your report about the DS Lite-launch that will be published in RESET #13. Is it any different from the one you wrote here on GAF?

Cheebs said:

Here is the image

That really isn't a fair comparison. The only way you can get full brightness on the PSP is to use the AC adapter to plug it into an outlet. When you use the battery only, no matter if it is fully charged or not, you wont' ever get the full brightness. PSP is designed to get full brightness only when you use the AC adapter and plug it into an outlet. It would have been more fair to compare the PSP's full brightness while it was plugged up with the AC adapter to the Nintendo DS Lite's highest brightness setting. The PSP screen would most likely be brighter.

Top Bottom