• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

neptunes

tocotronic said:
in which kind 'better'? at the beginning i played with the strap, felt it as more comfortable..
but meanwhile i m convinced that with the stylus you are faster..
I mean in terms of moving and shooting at the same time.

but it's been a while since i've played it, so I could probably adjust that control scheme anyways.

lancubap

Probably Nintendo will not sell the DS Lite in USA in May, because I think that the shortages of DS Lite in Japan is really a big problem, and it could be difficult for Nintendo to produce DS for Japan & USA, even if probably the DS demand in the States will not be incredible like in Japan. And so, even Super Mario Bros. 4 will be delayed.

Well, it is only a possibility, but for me it is not remote...

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
sammy said:
Play-Asia now reads "Shipping on or before March 30th" : [

Where does it say that, on the order status page? If so, just for comparison's sake, mine says it's scheduled to ship "On or before Mar 02, 2006"... and I preordered mine January 27.

ant1532

Banned
Lk-sang is processing my order!!! OMg!

Order No. 544987 (Lik Sang Hong Kong)
Order Date February 23, 2006 10:20:50
Order Amount $224.00 (already paid: $224.00)
Payment Method PayPal
Shipping Method UPS
Printable Invoice Click to Open
Order Status Order processing

Right now I've got 3 pre-ordered...1 at NCSX, 1 at Lik Sang, 1 at Play Asia... :lol

I'll just Ebay the other 2.. / Cancel my orders, whichever comes first.

I've just had the DS Lite I ordered off a guy in Honk Kong shipped out. 3-4 days till it's in the UK. Pretty excited now, I'm just praying for no dead pixels.

mj1108

TheGreatDave said:
I've just had the DS Lite I ordered off a guy in Honk Kong shipped out. 3-4 days till it's in the UK. Pretty excited now, I'm just praying for no dead pixels.

Which brings up an interesting question -- has anyone reported any dead pixels at all since I haven't heard of any complaints??

mj1108 said:
Which brings up an interesting question -- has anyone reported any dead pixels at all since I haven't heard of any complaints??
If there where an dead pixels issue, we would have heard about that already (and Drinky would trash talk about how the DS is inferior).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
how much does EB and gamestop give for a PSP? I'm willing to sell mine for DSlite and give my older DS to my sister since she always wanted one.

kiryogi

Banned
JeffDowns said:
You're so luck... right now I'd be willing to pay $250...
Heck, I want one right now too! I'm willing to pay the 300 HK is asking! I'm currently querying ebay sellers.... hear that japanese gaffers? XD Of course for a fellow gaffer.. 250 could be a lot nicer XD

Error2k4 said:
how much does EB and gamestop give for a PSP? I'm willing to sell mine for DSlite and give my older DS to my sister since she always wanted one.

I'd sell the old DS before I sold my PSP. The old DS is the one that's vastly inferior hardware wise.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
but my sister wants a DS.. fuck... alright how much does EB or Gamestop gives for an old DS?

Error2k4 said:
but my sister wants a DS.. fuck... alright how much does EB or Gamestop gives for an old DS?

Dunno, but I hear people in Japan are just dying to get their hands on a DS. Lite or otherwise. But don't tell anyone, that's just between me and you ;-)

As far as auctioning it in Japan? Well, I can't help ya there. Heh.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
JeffDowns said:
I'd sell the old DS before I sold my PSP. The old DS is the one that's vastly inferior hardware wise.

Don't be so proud of this technological terror they've constructed. The ability to render millions of polygons is insignificant next to the power of the DS library.

DavidDayton said:
Don't be so proud of this technological terror they've constructed. The ability to render millions of polygons is insignificant next to the power of the DS library.

Well, yes. But there's no way in hell I'd sell a PSP for a DSL when I have an old DS at my disposal.

DavidDayton said:

Wow, being a Nintendo fan really IS like joining a cult.

mj1108 said:

im always very skeptical of purchasing launch systems so i have been SCOURING message boards and reviews for any evidence of any malfunctions and ive yet to find anything. fingers crossed.

I thought the new stylus would be the same color as the case, which that picture disagrees with.

I'm canceling a third of my one preorder in protest.

Sabaku Ika said:
I thought the new stylus would be the same color as the case, which that picture disagrees with.

it is white and matches with the case, dumbnuts, GI's is just retarded.. go look at other sites.

mj1108

Sabaku Ika said:

It is the same color. IGN (and GI, I assume) had a demo from NoA.

zou

http://www.gameinformer.com/Templates/News/ScreenShotsViewer.aspx?CS_pid={BA30208A-BE36-4E61-8E41-2DF30E01A10D}&mediaId=4

Hmmm, on this picture it looks like the response time of the Lite is worse than that of the standard one. I hope it's not too noticeable.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
zou said:
http://www.gameinformer.com/Templates/News/ScreenShotsViewer.aspx?CS_pid={BA30208A-BE36-4E61-8E41-2DF30E01A10D}&mediaId=4

Hmmm, on this picture it looks like the response time of the Lite is worse than that of the standard one. I hope it's not too noticeable.
What?

Uh, how do you know the camera is moving swifty in the standard DS shot? You don't know. Assume it isn't, because pixel response times would either stay the same or improve on the new unit.

zou

Boards of Canada said:
Uh, how do you know the camera is moving swifty in the standard DS shot? You don't know. Assume it isn't, because pixel response times would either stay the same or improve on the new unit.

Did you even look at the picture? Also, this is something that you can observe with desktop lcds: Fast response times, a brilliant picture and a perfect viewing angle don't go together.

dannie

zou said:
Did you even look at the picture? Also, this is something that you can observe with desktop lcds: Fast response times, a brilliant picture and a perfect viewing angle don't go together.
i have DSL......i can tell you the DSL SCREEN response times is great.....
it just the photo problem :) you really need to see it in person

kiryogi

Banned
sammy said:
Play-Asia just charged my bank account for my DS lite :)

(my preorder was done on Jan 31st)

;_; I wonder if this is because liksang/playasia are HK based? Here's really hoping that NCSX gets them and ships next week ;_;

zou

dannie said:
i have DSL......i can tell you the DSL SCREEN response times is great.....
it just the photo problem :) you really need to see it in person

Alright, hopefully it's really only the picture :)

zou said:

I have been playing my DSL like mad and I can tell you that it is just the picture.

Jonnyram

Well it seems like only 60k DSlites shipped so far, and there will be 40k of each blue this weekend. No new whites this weekend either. Things are going to be moving slowly for a while :(

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
Well it seems like only 60k DSlites shipped so far, and there will be 40k of each blue this weekend. No new whites this weekend either. Things are going to be moving slowly for a while :(

:-(

Jonnyram said:

So the figures went 500,000>300,000>150,000>93,000>92,000>83,000>60,000. Wow, wonder what the colossal fuck up was?

Anyway, when you say 'this weekend', do you mean from Thursday? All my local shops seem to have signs stating that this Thursday will see the Blues arriving.

Top Bottom