• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
sammy said:
how has this gone for you? you got it in yet?

I gave them a look, and sent an order in to see if they can send it out --- haven't sent a payment method, but it is a good alternative.

still crazy that they seem to have plenty (it still says it ships out within 24 hours)

It's still in transit, but it should be delivered to me in several days.

sammy

Tamashii Sensei said:
It's still in transit, but it should be delivered to me in several days.

coolness : ]

did you grab the EMS speedpost? i've never done those on any import site

ant1532

Banned
Lik Sang has an update. They got an Enamel Navy and Ice Blue.

DSC03744.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

DSC03715.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03705.jpg

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

DSC03703.jpg

Seems like the strap matches the sytem color. I still like the white i think though.

The shipping sounds so crasy though, Im going to place an order at buygame2.com just in case, and make a payment if liksang doesnt have mine shipped out by next week. thanks Tamashii Sensei for the notice on that site.

Lik sang said:
Huge Backlog of Preorders, Big Fat Heavy Shortage in Japan

We are deeply sorry for the long delay, but we truly don't know when remaining orders will be shipped out next. As per current circumstances, it looks like it could even be April before the entire backlog will be cleared. It all strongly depends on Nintendo's production and shipping schedule. Please understand that Nintendo's exact shipping and production schedule is unknown, so that only the heads of Nintendo knows if they will ship more units tomorrow, next week, or maybe end of March.

As soon as units hit the market, Lik Sang will snatch some of them. We unfortunately don't know yet when that will be, and how many units will make their way through from Japan to our warehouse. Next time we will get stock could be tomorrow, but it could as well be in a week or later. We also don't know if the next time when we will get stock we will receive 10 units, 23 units, or maybe even over 500 units. It is something impossible to predict. This chaotic context is also the reason why the price has been hiked everywhere compared to the initial "suggested" tag. Lik Sang is no exception on this and had to take a 30 US$ raise from suppliers, but judging by other places, it turns out we are still the cheapest offering around the net right now, despite the last minute mark-up. In short: Everybody is affected, in and out of Japan.

All this for sure leaves some of us asking what the heck is wrong right now at Nintendo of Japan. Nintendo DS is currently the hottest selling product of the Kyoto based firm and in fact is probably the fastest selling video game machine on the marketplace if you judge by the sales charts of the last six months. It's in Japan that demand is the strongest. Yet, Nintendo managed to strike the island with a shortage of standard Nintendo DSes from January 5th till February 28th, and by the time the NDS Lite finally comes to the rescue, it is largely under-produced, and brought to the store shelves way too slow. One has to wonder what is going on. This sure doesn't look like the perfect plan, as there is a lot of missed sales at stake. This proves that even a big corporation like Nintendo is just run by human beings and can face problems and crises, same as everybody else does. We truly wish them good luck at facing the crisis!

One thing is sure: until now Lik Sang successfully got each single customer his own console on all past systems releases ever. We won't let you down. Please understand and hang in there with us, the storm will calm down and in the end it will be all good.

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3815

gjb-sensei

No problem, just looking out for fellow gamers.

By the way, BuyGame2.com now has the Enamel Navy and Ice Blue DS Lites available for [pre-]order, although they cost $5 more than the Crystal White DS Lite. Not like it's [the price] a huge difference, but just letting you all know.

polg

ant1532 said:
Lik Sang has an update. They got an Enamel Navy and Ice Blue.

DSC03744.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

DSC03715.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03705.jpg

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

DSC03703.jpg

Seems like the strap matches the sytem color. I still like the white i think though.

The shipping sounds so crasy though, Im going to place an order at buygame2.com just in case, and make a payment if liksang doesnt have mine shipped out by next week. thanks Tamashii Sensei for the notice on that site.
http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3815

H O T!

Sho Nuff

Banned
I am posting from inside my comfy cozy futon with electric blanket in my nice warm apartment as the rain pitter-patters down on my roof.

I mean come on, it's not like you're standing in line for 12 hours to be the first person to play Mario Kart, you'll just be playing it on a brighter screen.

Anyway, it's bedtime for bonzo!

sammy

wow.... they had to cancel television ads promoting the DSlite?!

man'o'man i want --- i put my preorder in early on play-asia.... still nothin' :[

Such an oppurtunity missed. Wonder how many machines they can manafacture a month and how these bloody shortages will effect the rest of the world? I'm betting that they wanted to launch with Mario in the US but that doesn't seem likely at the moment.

gjb-sensei

sammy said:
wow.... they had to cancel television ads promoting the DSlite?!

man'o'man i want --- i put my preorder in early on play-asia.... still nothin' :[

sammy, you should go and place an order at BuyGame2.com while they still have them in stock. I received my parcel today, but I've yet to play the DS Ltie because it's currently charging.

sammy

Tamashii Sensei said:
sammy, you should go and place an order at BuyGame2.com while they still have them in stock. I received my parcel today, but I've yet to play the DS Ltie because it's currently charging.

oh ya, i forgot to get back to you on that ---- I tried, but they wont accept my VISA --- it might be something to do with my bank : \

I was all set to pay it too...
EDIT: also the payment was in HKD (2,370.00) ---- what exactly does that mean?

gjb-sensei

sammy said:
oh ya, i forgot to get back to you on that ---- I tried, but they wont accept my VISA --- it might be something to do with my bank : \

I was all set to pay it too...
EDIT: also the payment was in HKD (2,370.00) ---- what exactly does that mean?

HKD = Hong Kong Dollars

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
This is madness. Lines for new colours of a redesign?! Granted I think people are just trying to get their hands on any colour but still quite funny. I've just decided to wait until this hits europe, I doubt there'll be any lines here.

Just checked the Japanese boards (2ch, kakaku) and people are already lining up in the hundreds in front of the major chains nationwide. (Yodo, Bic, Toysrus...). 03.30am...

Compared to the 2nd, as this is a Friday, turn out seems to be atleast doubled...

dannie

winston_pr said:
Just checked the Japanese boards (2ch, kakaku) and people are already lining up in the hundreds in front of the major chains nationwide. (Yodo, Bic, Toysrus...). 03.30am...

Compared to the 2nd, as this is a Friday, turn out seems to be atleast doubled...
someone lining in Osaka Yodobashi kamera...said...856people lining at 11:28pm 10/3

just crazy o.o

Rushmore

You know, this whole "we're sorry that we can't make enough DS Lites" campaign is oddly similar to that episode of South Park where Cartman opens his own theme park and creates demand by not allowing anyone to enter his park. Life immitating art?

Cartmanland_small1.jpg

-nk-

Roders5 said:
This is madness. Lines for new colours of a redesign?! Granted I think people are just trying to get their hands on any colour but still quite funny. I've just decided to wait until this hits europe, I doubt there'll be any lines here.
Yeah...let's wait till christmas :'|

Rushmore said:
You know, this whole "we're sorry that we can't make enough DS Lites" campaign is oddly similar to that episode of South Park where Cartman opens his own theme park and creates demand by not allowing anyone to enter his park. Life immitating art?

http://www.sellme.ru/pics/Cartmanland_small1.jpg
:lol

JoshuaJSlone said:
What the shit? A line segment? These people are forming rays.

Uh, a line segment and a ray contain the same number of points, i.e. Japanese DS Lite customers, i.e. an infinite number, e.g. cogito ergo rly, Q.E.D.

That's maths!

mj1108

Smiles and Cries said:
they should have delayed the whole launch a month :(

You know, I've been thinking the same thing.

Then again, they probably didn't anticipate the problem in the coloring and the demand.

Synthesizer Patel said:
Uh, a line segment and a ray contain the same number of points, i.e. Japanese DS Lite customers, i.e. an infinite number, e.g. cogito ergo rly, Q.E.D.

That's maths!

:lol
Im going to miss you after march 16th

They really should capitalize on this buzz by running some Revolution teasers/promos (spend some of the money they saved from not having DS ads!).

It'll be interesting to see tie ratios later this year for DS - assuming the older market is buying it for a training game or two - i wonder how much research into other games they're doing?

I'd almost believe people are buying it PURELY cause the success is so widespread and it's just not cool NOT to have one!

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
I don't understand why all these people are lining up when they know that there aren't enough units to satisfy demand.

gjb-sensei

cybamerc said:
I don't understand why all these people are lining up when they know that there aren't enough units to satisfy demand.

It's somewhat similar to when the Xbox 360 launched in the U.S.: people line up hoping to acquire one, it is later announced that they will not have enough units to satisfy demand, yet they'll remain in line hoping that people in front of them will just suddenly decide they don't want the thing anymore or something.

Top Bottom