• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

Dazzla

Screw this, I've got MK, AC:WW, AOE and AW: DS sat here and I've not played any of them. I'm cancelling my Yesasia order and just buying a Navy one off eBay which is ready to ship. It'll cost £200 but who gives a shit, that's what expendable income is for right?

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Dazzla said:
Screw this, I've got MK, AC:WW, AOE and AW: DS sat here and I've not played any of them. I'm cancelling my Yesasia order and just buying a Navy one off eBay which is ready to ship. It'll cost £200 but who gives a shit, that's what expendable income is for right?

If it'll make you happy, go for it. Don't let others tell you what you should do with your own money.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

My DS Brick has just broken this morning. The L button is completely void of its function. My warrenty is up, Hunters comes out in near a week, and I don't have the money to:
a.) send it in for repairs.
b.) import a Lite.

I mean, I probably could import the Lite with the stash of cash I have in my room (for a rainy day), but with all this shit going on I probably won't get it until mid April.

What should I do? If I should import a Lite, how the hell would I go about doing it?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
BrandNew said:
:( :( :( :( :( :(

My DS Brick has just broken this morning. The L button is completely void of its function. My warrenty is up, Hunters comes out in near a week, and I don't have the money to:
a.) send it in for repairs.
b.) import a Lite.

I mean, I probably could import the Lite with the stash of cash I have in my room (for a rainy day), but with all this shit going on I probably won't get it until mid April.

What should I do? If I should import a Lite, how the hell would I go about doing it?

Call Nintendo of America (if this is a US DS) and they'll probably agree to fix it. Just be nice, and tell them how much you were looking forward to Metroid and Tetris in 2 weeks... You'll likely get a fixed (or new) DS back well before then.

Its been hard for me to touch my regular DS as of late.. Its also depressing to see NCSX will probably be the slowest of all the import sites in shipping =[

Mejilan said:
Call Nintendo of America (if this is a US DS) and they'll probably agree to fix it. Just be nice, and tell them how much you were looking forward to Metroid and Tetris in 2 weeks... You'll likely get a fixed (or new) DS back well before then.

Yeah, but with the Lite craze starting, it would be a tad pointless to just get a brand new DS Brick and then, like, a month later get a Lite.

Gahhh, this blows.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
It could be months before the DSL hits here in the US, and I doubt NoA would honor the repairs or replacement of a foreign one (in or out of warranty). Call NoA, and they'll likely take care of your DS for free AND pay for the shipping back and forth. It can't hurt.

Hans

ukres14km.jpg

ukres24fx.jpg

Mejilan said:
It could be months before the DSL hits here in the US, and I doubt NoA would honor the repairs or replacement of a foreign one (in or out of warranty). Call NoA, and they'll likely take care of your DS for free AND pay for the shipping back and forth. It can't hurt.

Even when my DS' warrenty isn't valid anymore? It's from the original launch shipment, so...yeah, it's up.

Rushmore

BrandNew said:
Even when my DS' warrenty isn't valid anymore? It's from the original launch shipment, so...yeah, it's up.

There's always the 'ol "My little brother tore off the serial number" routine. It works!*

You didn't hear this from me.

BrandNew said:
Yeah, that'll really work when the serial number is basically painted on the DS. :lol
Ehh, it's not so permanent. From being in my pocket with keys so much, my silver DS now sports a "bone white" look, and only specks of the writing on the back remain.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jonnyram said:
Yep, there's some more whites coming this week, but by the looks of it, it might just be the same number as the launch shipment :(
edigi only had 5 for sale anyway.

Has a day been announced yet? I'm hoping it's a Saturday again...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DSLite Owners how did you transfer your AC and Friend Codes accross, what it as simple as the Transfer configuration?

cvxfreak

Mejilan said:
Ugh. Are any other folks who do not yet own a DSL but intend to as soon as its released in their territories having a hard time booting up their original DS systems??

Me. I haven't gotten around to Chris' game in Resident Evil Deadly Silence because I want to do so on the DS Lite.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mejilan said:
Ugh. Are any other folks who do not yet own a DSL but intend to as soon as its released in their territories having a hard time booting up their original DS systems??

Yep, No Card Insterted... :(

Man I went to try and sell my old DS today, but they wouldn't at either of my local places. One said there were too many scratches(there prolly are, its a launch DS), and the other wouldn't because most of the serial number on the back is peeled off.

Oh well, guess I gotta sell it to a friend or something for cheaper.

OK I was weak....I canceled my Enamel Navy at lik-sang.com and just ordered one from buygame2.com (which already has shipped) I should have my Navy lite by Wednesday/Thursday by the glory of EMS.

$40 more than lik-sang but free case and screen protector and I actually get one. :D Sometimes you have to splurge.

cvxfreak

krypt0nian said:
OK I was weak....I canceled my Enamel Navy at lik-sang.com and just ordered one from buygame2.com (which already has shipped) I should have my Navy lite by Wednesday/Thursday by the glory of EMS.

$40 more than lik-sang but free case and screen protector and I actually get one. :D Sometimes you have to splurge.

Does their price include shipping or is that separate?

ziran

wonderfuldays said:
Unbelievable....
p10008660nr.jpg

p10008691aa.jpg

p10008734si.jpg
:O

so amazing and so beautiful!

i think the whole ds lite launch has been the best publicity nintendo could've ever hoped for. nothing makes something more desirable than if you can't have it.

the ds was already the most sought after gaming device before ds lite, now it's even more popular! in fact, if i was a cynic i'd say plan has played out perfectly ;)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Out of this world ;-)
Seriously, the navy looks good, better than I expected. I'll stick with Crystal white though. Now if play-asia could just gimme an update on my order...

Captain N

ant1532 said:
Lik Sang has an update. They got an Enamel Navy and Ice Blue.

DSC03744.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

DSC03715.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03705.jpg

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

DSC03703.jpg

Seems like the strap matches the sytem color. I still like the white i think though.

The shipping sounds so crasy though, Im going to place an order at buygame2.com just in case, and make a payment if liksang doesnt have mine shipped out by next week. thanks Tamashii Sensei for the notice on that site.

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3815

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up all three of these. I'd still love it if the DS Lite & Revolution both come out with the Apple Green color.

I wish someone would upload a video of the ds lite playing a movie on the play-yan.. I would love to see that with that brightness

Im actually DYING to see that.

BDGAME

I have one question: Why Nintendo Launch NDS Lite for now? Why not wait for E3?

The NDS is a huge success around all word, but Nintendo come with lite for nowhere and launch it in a record time of speed! Is it not strange?

Maybe Nintendo is afraid of something that anticipating his plans. Maybe Sony will come with a redesign PSP too or very huge prices drop.

Otherwise, it’s very strange seen a launch like that when the current NDS is sold out in the stores.

Juice

BDGAME said:

The NDS is a huge success around all word, but Nintendo come with lite for nowhere and launch it in a record time of speed! Is it not strange?

Maybe Nintendo is afraid of something that anticipating his plans. Maybe Sony will come with a redesign PSP too or very huge prices drop.

Otherwise, it’s very strange seen a launch like that when the current NDS is sold out in the stores.

Because Nintendo usually saves too much for E3 as it is. Three quarters of their games first appear their, and this year it's going to be all about Revolution. The DS Lite would've been virtually forgotten if it'd also been unveiled at E3.

Xrenity

BDGAME said:

Revolution is coming.

And they obviously won't release DS lite and Rev at the same time.
Don't worry though; I think DS lite won't be out in the US/EU in May.

Dazzla

PezRadar said:
:eek: you paid 299.99? Why not just go to buygame2.com and get it for cheaper with goodies and free shipping

I was unable to add the Navy DS to the cart, and there's guarenteed no customs at Yesasia. Besides, the site isn't even loading for me now. And wasn't it about $265 there anyway?

Top Bottom