• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

Jonnyram

In the Wi-Fi settings menu, there is an option to transfer your settings to another DS.
Use this on your original DS and choose "download" from your DSlite. Your settings should then show up and you won't need to generate a new friend code.

ant1532

Banned
canceled order with Lik-Sang, but I still have my order spot(they refunded my money i sent through Paypal). Bought a white DSL on ebay for 260 w/ shipping. Shipping tommorow, and arrives before weekend.

thank. god.

btw, would anyone even want anymore pics or videos of it by then? i dont think so, but if anyone does i can.

ant1532

Banned
Sugarman said:
Any sites (other than ebay) have the navy blues? I've one on pre-order from liksang, but am starting to be willing pay more for one now.

buygame2.com has em. ebay is cheaper probably though

I would like to thank you all for cancelling your preorders at Lik-Sang and encourage anyone else to as well.

i preordered on 27th and i should be pretty close to shipping. again thanks for all your help :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PezRadar said:
im gonna see if my import store can do anything about ncsx.. if not tommorow ill attempt to get my money back

I'm curious as to why you blame NCS for the huge shortage of DS Lite systems and also why you bother going through a store that buys directly from NCS when you could do it yourself, presumably cheaper? :)

Lyte Edge said:
I'm curious as to why you blame NCS for the huge shortage of DS Lite systems and also why you bother going through a store that buys directly from NCS when you could do it yourself, presumably cheaper? :)

Um when did I blame NCSX? I may demand like 'DAMNIT NCSX HURRY UP' but thats just cuz the things sexy, and its mostly anticipation and sarcasm..

So, I have no idea why your saying Im blaming NCSX. If your commenting about me asking my import store if they can do anything about ncsx, then read below.. They have a strong tie to them.

And no I didnt buy it directly through NCSX.. Why? Half my packages get lost before they get to my apartment.. Also why would I be stupid enough to pay more then what ncsx is charging me.. If you are curious.. Im not paying for shipping and my import store orders all there games domestic/import through ncsx and they get discounts from them.. I actually paid less then anyone who went through NCSX themselves.. so.. gtfo?

BTW: Ant I didnt see any ebay auction very cheap or cheaper then buygame2's cheap price and other goodies included.

mj1108

I was just going to post asking if anyone had heard anything from NCSX as of late??

I've been tempted to go with buygame2 or ebay and just cancel my NCSX order, but with my luck if I ordered through somewhere else, NCSX would end up getting theirs in and shipping at the same time. Plus, those from buygame2 and ebay are ending up around $300 when all is said and done..... just can't justify an extra $120 or so for what may be a few days...or even a couple more weeks wait.

mj1108

PezRadar said:
Cause Im an angsty teenager demanding a DS Lite with a razor on my wrists going up the street not across :p

You need to remember that every import house seems to be in the same boat.

Tony HoTT

Banned
I'm just gonna stick with my pre-order from PlayAsia because I just have a feeling if I cancel now then they'll start shipping shit all of a sudden.

mj1108 said:
You just sounded somewhere between pissed and overly anxious. :lol

Don't worry...I think a lot of us are.

:lol I think the new pictures sent me over the edge.. I was willing to wait.. now its growing painfully hard.. (and i didnt even order the fkin blue) :lol

BTW: I hate that feeling.. Im afraid if I cancel they will start shipping.. I just can picture NCSX's news update "DS LITE UPDATE: PezRadar has just cancelled, we are shipping this afternoon"

PezRadar said:
:lol I think the new pictures sent me over the edge.. I was willing to wait.. now its growing painfully hard.. (and i didnt even order the fkin blue) :lol

BTW: I hate that feeling.. Im afraid if I cancel they will start shipping.. I just can picture NCSX's news update "DS LITE UPDATE: PezRadar has just cancelled, we are shipping this afternoon"

honestly, "NCSX HURRY UP" will only frustrate you and the retailer as well. i can garuntee you they ship every posible unit literally the minute they can get it out. the higher profit margin that you and i both know they are reaping will only last a little bit longer.

mj1108

PezRadar said:

I'm in the same boat with you.

Nick

It makes my heart sing to see people pay an upwards of $200 for a redesigned system that's over a year old. What fabulous people. :D

gprime

My God. I spend 2 hours trying to find the best DSL for the best price, from the best seller on eBay, and I somehow overlook the color. My PayPal confirmation screen thanked me for buying an ice blue DS lite.

They don't come any stupider than me.

(In my defence, it looks white in the crappy picture, and I am slightly colorblind).

BuG

gprime said:
high7sz.jpg

gprime said:
My God. I spend 2 hours trying to find the best DSL for the best price, from the best seller on eBay, and I somehow overlook the color. My PayPal confirmation screen thanked me for buying an ice blue DS lite.

(In my defence, it looks white in the crappy picture, and I am slightly colorblind).

Ouch...

Well I mean...the toothpa....umm ice blue color isn't that bad. ;)

heh I haven't seen one in person but in some of the pictures it doesn't look too bad.

gprime said:

You can probably sell it again on Ebay to break even when you get it, or even make a little profit if you set up a nice auction and have good feedback.

gprime

Thanks for the advice.

The guy appears to be selling some Navy for the same price, with a few left. I sent him a message. If he can't exchange it for the navy, then I think I'll stick it out with the ice blue.

I just purchased one from buygame2.com. They've sent me tracking info already, after a long MSN conversation with them (lost in translation in most parts).

I will post reviews, pics, etc. once I get it. Interestingly, the person I spoke with MSN said that stock at most online places (Lik-Sang, Play-Asia more specifically) is quite readily available, but they don't want to sell to pre-orders yet in order to keep the cost to consumers down.

Just what I heard...don't shoot the messenger. So far, it's been a relatively painless experience with them. Very quick in email replies, and easy to reach through ICQ/MSN.

smirkrevenge said:
I just purchased one from buygame2.com. They've sent me tracking info already, after a long MSN conversation with them (lost in translation in most parts).

I will post reviews, pics, etc. once I get it. Interestingly, the person I spoke with MSN said that stock at most online places (Lik-Sang, Play-Asia more specifically) is quite readily available, but they don't want to sell to pre-orders yet in order to keep the cost to consumers down.

Just what I heard...don't shoot the messenger. So far, it's been a relatively painless experience with them. Very quick in email replies, and easy to reach through ICQ/MSN.

Mine is on the way too, and I just wonder how buygame2 is getting all of these units when other places haven't made a peep yet.

I'm trying buygame2, but is anyone else finding the site extremely slow? Also, they added FF12 to my order, when I never even searched for the game! wtf?

Hopefully this new shipment is key to everyone gettin theres.

NCSX had another general update today, with no mention of the DSLite, its like there avoiding the subject now :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
BudokaiMR2 said:
Personally I love the blue, probably because blue is my favorite color. I am sending the white to my friend back in the states.

It was a real tough choice though. The one drawback is that the blue gets fingerprints very easily, just as bad as the PSP. But I can live with it, and it seems to clean off easier than the PSP too, maybe because of the shiny coat. Usually just takes a couple of wipes.
Hey, can you do the comparison with all three? Pretty please. :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
lancubap said:
It would be interesting understand what Gamefront mean with "larger Shipment".....

You know...instead of maybe 40-50 units shipped to the bigger stores, it's a whopping 60 this time! :p

I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't expect to be able to get a DS (for regular price) until sometime next month, if not May, at this point.

Top Bottom