• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

wonderfuldays said:
Unbelievable....
p10008660nr.jpg

p10008691aa.jpg

p10008734si.jpg

Iwata was right: WOW :O

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
PezRadar said:
play yan movie with ds lite plz! :p Someone needs to capture one before i cry
I think the M3 player is a much better alternative to watch videos on the DS as it runs fullscreen (whereas play yan is at GBA resolution size, isn't it?)

Here comes some more sexiness....

111930000_89a558427b_b.jpg

111930099_3d343034f7_b.jpg

111930376_8909ab73fb_b.jpg

111930610_0a73aba12c_b.jpg

111930802_7eb2e61e10_b.jpg

111930868_847152a9ed_b.jpg

111931516_e57cc0322b.jpg

111931803_1d3a07fe34.jpg

111931941_77d2e1b997_b.jpg

Those are the best I got right now, camera ran out of battery before I could work on getting better quality ones. It is crazy how many different colors the Navy can reflect...

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
BudokaiMR2 said:

Those are the best I got right now, camera ran out of battery before I could work on getting better quality ones. It is crazy how many different colors the Navy can reflect...
Damn it. I used to look at this picture for ages trying to pick a colour (finally imported the black).
ds6tt.jpg

Now I'll be looking at these pics for ages wrecking my head again!

ziran

BudokaiMR2 said:

111931516_e57cc0322b.jpg

111931803_1d3a07fe34.jpg

the second one down, showing off a corner glinting in a stunning inky blue, is ridiculously hot!

navy really is wow!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Roders5 said:
Damn it. I used to look at this picture for ages trying to pick a colour (finally imported the black).
ds6tt.jpg

Now I'll be looking at these pics for ages wrecking my head again!

Excellent choice, I have the black DS as well. Looks better than any of the DS Lites imo.

sammy

... ok, got my PayPal account, I'm thinking about trying this BuyGame2 thing again :lol

I played the Hunters singleplayer demo last night at gamecrazy... holy bat-shit awesomeness, i need a lite for that game ASAP

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
BudokaiMR2 said:

111931516_e57cc0322b.jpg

111931803_1d3a07fe34.jpg

:)

Now do a comparison with the PSP and both of them on their highest setting. :D

marc^o^ said:
I think the M3 player is a much better alternative to watch videos on the DS as it runs fullscreen (whereas play yan is at GBA resolution size, isn't it?)

I heavily reccomend reading the lik-sang forums and the play-yan and m3 community.. even the m3 community will agree that music and sound are MUCH MUCH better on a play-yan micro then anything the m3 can spit out.

BDGAME said:
I have one question: Why Nintendo Launch NDS Lite for now? Why not wait for E3?

The NDS is a huge success around all word, but Nintendo come with lite for nowhere and launch it in a record time of speed! Is it not strange?

Maybe Nintendo is afraid of something that anticipating his plans. Maybe Sony will come with a redesign PSP too or very huge prices drop.

Otherwise, it’s very strange seen a launch like that when the current NDS is sold out in the stores.
They probably ask themselves "Why not launch NDS Lite now? Why wait for E3?" Seriously, they had to have this planned months and months in advance. Launch time was probably set before the DS started doing half-millions per week and becoming unavailable.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Jesus wept! That Navy is ricockulous. Fuck the white.

Hell, even if they announce a black at some point, I think fuck that too!

Vark

JoshuaJSlone said:
They probably ask themselves "Why not launch NDS Lite now? Why wait for E3?" Seriously, they had to have this planned months and months in advance. Launch time was probably set before the DS started doing half-millions per week and becoming unavailable.

Nah. Post E3 is revolution hype. They need to get the DS madness out of the way. Launching the rev and the DSlite too close to each other would be problematic.

Anyone else order one from Play-Asia? I placed my order for the Navy right when after it was announced on the morning of 2/10. Have they shipped anyone elses yet? Has anyone even received the Crystal White one from them? My order hasn't budged and still says shipping on or before March 03, 2006. The wait is killing me. Oh, and the Navy looks awesome! :)

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Those you you who think that BuyGame2.com is sold out of DS Lites simply need to either log in or make an account with them then log in. If you aren't logged in, it won't allow you to add anything to your cart.

sammy

heavy liquid said:
Anyone else order one from Play-Asia? I placed my order for the Navy right when after it was announced on the morning of 2/10. Have they shipped anyone elses yet? Has anyone even received the Crystal White one from them? My order hasn't budged and still says shipping on or before March 03, 2006. The wait is killing me. Oh, and the Navy looks awesome! :)

I gave up on 'em ------ i pre-ordered mine on Jan 31st, and all they did was update my product to "on or before March 30th"

I'm going with buygame2 --- so i can get this thing for some metroid.

Anyone get a Lik-Sang update yet? they havent posted news or changed status.

its 4:25am HK time now so i doubt they will have any new updates until some time around 8 or 9pm PST

sammy said:
I gave up on 'em ------ i pre-ordered mine on Jan 31st, and all they did was update my product to "on or before March 30th"

I'm going with buygame2 --- so i can get this thing for some metroid.

Arg. I just don't know if I can justify spending $100+ extra to import it. But my the finger on my mouse button has been getting really twitchy lately. I'm going to try and hold out for as long as I can in hopes that Nintendo is able to get some more units out.

I preordered from Play-Asia the first day the White went up and still hadn't heard anything after launch, so I canceled from there and just ordered one off ebay for around $260 on the 4th or 5th. I got it about 2 days later, I think it was last Wednesday.

I sold my old DS in anticipation of the Lite and it was worth it. Now I'm trying to catch up on my self inflicted backlog (waiting for the Lite to play them), been playing Resident Evil and Phoenix Wright. Then I just need Metroid and New Mario and Brain Age etc. Good times ahead :)

Only problem is like my initial PSP paranoia syndrome: I dont want to hurt/scratch it, it looks so fragile and shiny etc, but still miles better than the old model. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Dazzla

Tamashii Sensei said:
Those you you who think that BuyGame2.com is sold out of DS Lites simply need to either log in or make an account with them then log in. If you aren't logged in, it won't allow you to add anything to your cart.
Registered with them just to check out how much it'll all cost. $265 for the Navy DSL, $16.67 for the cheapest shipping to the UK, $5.30 for insurance and 4% surcharge for using a credit card. Came to $298.44. Even with Paypal (3%) and no insurance it came to over $290. I would've saved £5.71 by going to BuyGame2.com. I'd pay that just because I've used yesasia and trust them.

sammy

heavy liquid said:
Arg. I just don't know if I can justify spending $100+ extra to import it. But my the finger on my mouse button has been getting really twitchy lately. I'm going to try and hold out for as long as I can in hopes that Nintendo is able to get some more units out.

i was gonna' resist the temptation 'till i got to play the newest Hunters demo --- that game's gonna be awesome, but it was hard enough to see on the old DSduke
i simply need a lite before next week, and don't mind splurgin' : P

sammy

Dazzla said:
Registered with them just to check out how much it'll all cost. $265 for the Navy DSL, $16.67 for the cheapest shipping to the UK, $5.30 for insurance and 4% surcharge for using a credit card. Came to $298.44. Even with Paypal (3%) and no insurance it came to over $290. I would've saved £5.71 by going to BuyGame2.com. I'd pay that just because I've used yesasia and trust them.
"
a question, when you use paypal do you send payent to their email through paypal? they just say Our Paypal payment receiving address:
webmaster@buygame2.com"

sorry.. i'm a paypal neewb here... the whole thing just seems so shady : \

ant1532

Banned
sammy said:
"
a question, when you use paypal do you send payent to their email through paypal? they just say Our Paypal payment receiving address:
webmaster@buygame2.com"

sorry.. i'm a paypal neewb here... the whole thing just seems so shady : \

yea if your using a credit card via paypal use that email address to send the money.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
zou said:
The DSL wins that comparison. Someone posted this already. Do a search ;)
It was BudokaiMR2 him-self who did it, I want him to do one with all three in the same picture.

TehOh

heavy liquid said:

I ordered mine on 2/9/2006 and I've gotten no word from them. It says "shipping on or before March 13, 2006" in my orders page.

RaidenZR

Master Pain (Betty) said:
I preordered from Play-Asia the first day the White went up and still hadn't heard anything after launch, so I canceled from there and just ordered one off ebay for around $260 on the 4th or 5th. I got it about 2 days later, I think it was last Wednesday.

I sold my old DS in anticipation of the Lite and it was worth it. Now I'm trying to catch up on my self inflicted backlog (waiting for the Lite to play them), been playing Resident Evil and Phoenix Wright. Then I just need Metroid and New Mario and Brain Age etc. Good times ahead :)

Only problem is like my initial PSP paranoia syndrome: I dont want to hurt/scratch it, it looks so fragile and shiny etc, but still miles better than the old model. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I'm in the same boat as you except I ordered a white one. I even emailed them just to ask when they could guess at getting restock (an "end of the month most likely" woulda been enough for me) and all they did was feed me automated bullshit. Little pissed off at the communication, though most of my anger is directed towards Nintendo. Appropriately so.

ant1532

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:

111931516_e57cc0322b.jpg

111931803_1d3a07fe34.jpg

so which one you like more?

ant1532 said:
so which one you like more?

Personally I love the blue, probably because blue is my favorite color. I am sending the white to my friend back in the states.

It was a real tough choice though. The one drawback is that the blue gets fingerprints very easily, just as bad as the PSP. But I can live with it, and it seems to clean off easier than the PSP too, maybe because of the shiny coat. Usually just takes a couple of wipes.

I don't know if this has already been asked in this topic, but has any one who has imported the DS Lite encountered either dead pixels or some other defect in their system?

Also, is the audio quality better than on the old DS, and is it better / louder with headphones?

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
DiGiTaL MaStEr 87 said:
I don't know if this has already been asked in this topic, but has any one who has imported the DS Lite encountered either dead pixels or some other defect in their system?

Fortunately, my DS Lite doesn't seem to have any dead pixels on its screens.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I asked this a page back or so but no one answered :(

How did people go about transferring there Mario Kart, AC stuff over?

Top Bottom