• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've now decided I'll try and find a couple of navy lites when I'm out in Japan next week. Any tips for where to look? I'll try my local gamestore, but there is really only one in Inage and it'll likely be sold out, so I'll have to try Tokyo

Sho Nuff

Banned
mrklaw said:
I've now decided I'll try and find a couple of navy lites when I'm out in Japan next week. Any tips for where to look? I'll try my local gamestore, but there is really only one in Inage and it'll likely be sold out, so I'll have to try Tokyo

Don't bother, it's not worth it. Save your precious time in Japan and do things you will remember; don't slug around trying to find something you'll be able to walk into any store and buy in four months. The fucking things are sold out, and the next month of restocks are most likely going to be limited to overnight campers and the insanely lucky or connected.

THERE ARE MUCH MORE INTERESTING THINGS IN JAPAN THAN GAMES

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sho Nuff said:
THERE ARE MUCH MORE INTERESTING THINGS IN JAPAN THAN GAMES

well, quite, but I'll also be slogging around Japan with my wife, two kids and the inlaws. Some of those things are not much more interesting than games :p

Its not like I'm going to be hunting. Just going into a couple of shops in locations I'll already be in (Inage/central Tokyo)

Sho Nuff

Banned
mrklaw said:
well, quite, but I'll also be slogging around Japan with my wife, two kids and the inlaws. Some of those things are not much more interesting than games :p

Its not like I'm going to be hunting. Just going into a couple of shops in locations I'll already be in (Inage/central Tokyo)

Uggg, you have my sympathy. :/ Happy hunting, then!

Haha it seems like a fair few of the gafers are going to Japan next week, I am hoping I will be lucky and pick one up maybe if they get more stock in on shelves in the following two weeks since I arrive next week (wont be camping out).

poppin fresh said:
Haha it seems like a fair few of the gafers are going to Japan next week, I am hoping I will be lucky and pick one up maybe if they get more stock in on shelves in the following two weeks since I arrive next week (wont be camping out).

Aaaa, you're all coming here for the Cherry blossom season - isn't that nice :lol

Stop pretending and go dig around in the game-shops for your DSL fix. Spare no effort. The rush when/if you find it will be better than any freezing picnic on a muddy lawn.

Good luck. Apparently Bic-camera chain has been portioning out DSLs daily this week (around 15:00 in Shinjuku) .. might be worth a try. Also rumours about significant shipment for this weekend for major retailers.

I just ordered a white one off of Buygame2. I just got a confirmation email... only thing is the order is not mine. :lol It's for some dude in Hong Kong and he ordered 3 DSL's.

winston_pr said:
Aaaa, you're all coming here for the Cherry blossom season - isn't that nice :lol

Stop pretending and go dig around in the game-shops for your DSL fix. Spare no effort. The rush when/if you find it will be better than any freezing picnic on a muddy lawn.

Good luck. Apparently Bic-camera chain has been portioning out DSLs daily this week (around 15:00 in Shinjuku) .. might be worth a try. Also rumours about significant shipment for this weekend for major retailers.

Ha no just good timing for the cherry blossoms, how are they going so far? I will be in Japan for the anime expo since my brother has work there for it, I will be busy sight seeing and shopping.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So the new DS shipment was not today, and is this weekend? Anyone know? I'm willing to try lining up one more time...

Lyte Edge

Yup; it's 8:35am on Thursday the 16th here right now. I'm at work, so no DS hunt for me today. I'm sure any units they get will be gone by the time I get a chance to go look. DAMN YOUSE NINTENDO DAMN YOUSE :)

polg

Lyte Edge said:
Yup; it's 8:35am on Thursday the 16th here right now. I'm at work, so no DS hunt for me today. I'm sure any units they get will be gone by the time I get a chance to go look. DAMN YOUSE NINTENDO DAMN YOUSE :)

so I guess there were no massive lines this time... there haven't been any pics...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
so I guess there were no massive lines this time... there haven't been any pics...

man, the lens hasn't been invented yet to capture todays queues...

DS LITE restock + FF12 launch? Man, HANDS ACROSS JAPAN could happen.

So, which Gaffots are gonna be here this coming week?

Lyte Edge

cvxfreak said:
Aren't people too busy for FFXII anyway?

I hope they are! I'm going to uh, "go to the bank" after my class around 11, and it would be great if all the people are rushing into the stores for FFXII instead of the DS Lite. I still doubt it and I doubt I'll get one, but I'm addicted to finding a DS now. :lol

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
CurseoftheMods said:
Fucking Christ. They're sold out at Buygame2. They better fix my order.

Yeah, they sold out of the Crystal White model, but they still have both of the blues in stock.

damn you akiba for being an hour away, and damn you work for making me sit in the office doing nothing while my DS is being sold to some grubby handed otaku!

Lyte Edge

PezRadar said:
if you are willing to pay.. Renchi.com has all colors in stock..

DAMN MUST NOT BUY AT INFLATED PRICE MUST NOT BUY MUST NOT BUY MUST NOT BUY FIGHT TEMPTATION FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT IT

:::Bashes head against wall::::

Okay, that's better.

Lyte Edge

cvxfreak said:
And with each day, my patience grows thinner. ;___;

Yeah, this is ridiculous, but we must stand our ground and not give in to the high prices! FIGHT IT MAN, FIGHT IT!

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, this is ridiculous, but we must stand our ground and not give in to the high prices! FIGHT IT MAN, FIGHT IT!

visa.jpg

How I love thee.

cvxfreak

Lyte Edge said:

I have no choice but to wait it out. :(

I got the 360 much sooner than the DS lite, and that surprises me the most.

dyls

Now let's all thank Sony for dropping the price of the PSP in the US and Europe. That means Nintendo will be itching to get the DSL out as soon as possible in those territories.

Lyte Edge

Sho Nuff said:
Uhm. WAS there a second shipment?

:/

Looks like a big "NO" to me. Went to two stores and saw no evidence of a new shipment; just FFXII crap EVERYWHERE, even at the Conbini!

Lyte Edge said:
Looks like a big "NO" to me. Went to two stores and saw no evidence of a new shipment; just FFXII crap EVERYWHERE, even at the Conbini!

Nothing in Osaka either. Was the 16th the actual street date for the shipment or was it just when the DSLs were arriving from China? Anyone know?

Tony HoTT

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
My brother's roommate bought his copy of Halo 2 at 7-11 here in the states. Weird how big games do show up there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
DCharlie said:
So, which Gaffots are gonna be here this coming week?

me sir. land Friday, there for a couple of weeks (living in Inage)

GKB, Sure I'll pick you one up if I find three (a friend already had dibs on number 2). I'll pm you my mobile number as I'm leaving now. Text me the colour you want.

BTW, if I do find three on sale in the colours wanted, I might also buy a lottery ticket :D

Lyte Edge

Any word on the next batch of DS Systems yet? I'm seriously about to cave in and buy an overpriced one off a website at this point.
(EDIT: Holy shit, $300 from Renchi with shipping?! Screw that!!)

And when I do, that's when the DS Lite will be everywhere. :lol

Top Bottom