• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

Will NCSX take my money now or when they ship?

TheGreatDave said:
I ordered Metroid Hunters and Tetris from NCSX - they marked them both as being worth $10, so I didn't pay a fee. They'd probably do the same for DSLs.

Cheers dude

You may want to ask them to mark it as a gift when you order. I did, and even though it's probably their deal to mark things as gifts anyway, it's best to be safe.

Yea im going to run by my import store tommorw who goes through ncsx and throw down another 40 and they will call em up and have it ready for weds shipping. I had overnight shipping still.. so I should have it thursday or Friday at the latest.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PezRadar said:
Yea im going to run by my import store tommorw who goes through ncsx and throw down another 40 and they will call em up and have it ready for weds shipping. I had overnight shipping still.. so I should have it thursday or Friday at the latest.

I still don't get why you just don't order from NCS directly. It's going to cost you more money to buy it from that shop.

Lyte Edge said:
I still don't get why you just don't order from NCS directly. It's going to cost you more money to buy it from that shop.
For the last time Lyte Edge, are you f'n stupid?

NCSX is charging me 169.99 + Shipping

The store is charging me 154.99 + NO SHIPPING

Why? The Import store gets bulk discounts from NCSX, and they package the shipping IN there overnight shipping FOR FREE!

Christ.. are you stupid? This is the 5th time it feels like ive explained it to you.. Look a few pages back you EVEN replied to it. /vent

(Not to mention I lose so many packages that dont even get to my apartment.. I think the UPS/FedEx Drivers are retarded around here)

edit: sorry for exploding but man Lyte Edge wtf quit asking and saying Im losing money when ive listed out facts for you on like different occassions :lol

Lee N

Membre
I have a question for DS lite owners.. If you have played online with games on an old DS and then switch to a DS lite, do you have to erase your save to be able to link the games to the DS lite? Do you get to keep the save but get a new friend code? How does it work?

Jonnyram

A_Lee_N said:
I have a question for DS lite owners.. If you have played online with games on an old DS and then switch to a DS lite, do you have to erase your save to be able to link the games to the DS lite? Do you get to keep the save but get a new friend code? How does it work?
Only the Wi-Fi config is deleted from your old DS (it's in hardware). So yeah, your friend code would change on the old DS. Bizarrely, you can upload your Wi-Fi config to two DSes at once though... I wonder what that's all about. Maybe you can send it to the Revolution in the future?

Lyte Edge

PezRadar said:
For the last time Lyte Edge, are you f'n stupid?

NCSX is charging me 169.99 + Shipping

The store is charging me 154.99 + NO SHIPPING

Why? The Import store gets bulk discounts from NCSX, and they package the shipping IN there overnight shipping FOR FREE!

Christ.. are you stupid? This is the 5th time it feels like ive explained it to you.. Look a few pages back you EVEN replied to it. /vent

(Not to mention I lose so many packages that dont even get to my apartment.. I think the UPS/FedEx Drivers are retarded around here)

edit: sorry for exploding but man Lyte Edge wtf quit asking and saying Im losing money when ive listed out facts for you on like different occassions :lol

Psst...:

NCS said:
Prices for the NDS Lite have dropped to more manageable levels and we are offering the three colors (Crystal White, Enamel Navy, and Ice Blue) for US$209 each. Shipments are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.

If you are interested in proceeding with your preorder at the new price of US$209 + shipping, please contact us and we'll ship this Wednesday when the imports arrive. New orders are also welcome to ship on Thurs-Friday.

It would be a neat trick for this store to be able to get DS Lites from NCS via overnight shipping AND sell them to their customers cheaper, THAT'S why I've asked you....twice.

Please do calm down, though. I don't mean you harm. :)

Lyte Edge said:
Psst...:

It would be a neat trick for this store to be able to get DS Lites from NCS via overnight shipping AND sell them to their customers cheaper, THAT'S why I've asked you....twice.

Please do calm down, though. I don't mean you harm. :)

Psst:

155+40 = 195 + Free overnight shipping

So yea.. That would seem like a better deal to me.. I dont see how its hard for an import store to get the DS Lite in overnight shipping? I order through them because they give me this benefit. They package my items through the products they sell in there store, but since I got there all the time I get most things at cost or at NCSX price + 10% discount. The DS Lite they did through there cost since it was a preorder. Most the stuff I buy through them is usually just what they have on the shelves which is mostly NCSX pricing.

Twice is more then enough.

BTW: How do you upload your old info from your old DS to a new one? Ive never figured that out.

Alcibiades

to be fair, you didn't ask him anything just now.

you said you didn't know why he was buying from a store where he would pay more.

that's a far cry from simply asking about the bizarre nature of the situation with prices and expressing doubt as to whether his version of events was going to pan out... I'm sure you meant no harm, but it sounded a bit condescending.

"I don't know why you bought that book from Barnes and Noble, it would have been cheaper on amazon.com"; I mean jeez, let the man buy his DS in peace and phrase your inquiry by just saying it doesn't make sense to you... if he didn't explain a 2nd time, then just leave it be and let him deal with it...

Lyte Edge

PezRadar said:
Psst:

155+40 = 195 + Free overnight shipping

So yea.. That would seem like a better deal to me.. I dont see how its hard for an import store to get the DS Lite in overnight shipping? I order through them because they give me this benefit. They package my items through the products they sell in there store, but since I got there all the time I get most things at cost or at NCSX price + 10% discount. The DS Lite they did through there cost since it was a preorder. Most the stuff I buy through them is usually just what they have on the shelves which is mostly NCSX pricing.

Twice is more then enough.

Not hard to get overnight shipping, but hard to believe that they're going to pay to overnight all these items and then sell you the system cheaper. :) I used to work at the same type of store that would use places like NCS and get discounts, but the prices were always marked up higher, since the store had to make a profit, too.

I can see this happening with software, but with hardware that retailers typically don't make anything (or just a small amount in the case of imports), especially something as in-demand as the DS Lite, I'm just quite curious about this store is all.

But if you can get the system for that price, more power to you.

What's the name of the store, BTW?

Lyte Edge said:
Not hard to get overnight shipping, but hard to believe that they're going to pay to overnight all these items and then sell you the system cheaper. :) I used to work at the same type of store that would use places like NCS and get discounts, but the prices were always marked up higher, since the store had to make a profit, too.

I can see this happening with software, but with hardware that retailers typically don't make anything (or just a small amount in the case of imports), especially something as in-demand as the DS Lite, I'm just quite curious about this store is all.

But if you can get the system for that price, more power to you.

What's the name of the store, BTW?

CGX

btw the only reason why its free overnight shipping is because they have other games bundled in the box wtih the DS Lite for the overnight shipping.. They obviously wouldnt give it to me for free if it were just the DS lite :lol

EDIT: And like i said, they do mark prices higher on items.. Not sure if you are having trouble reading my posts.. But I said they arent marking the DS Lite up. Even some of the items I get specially ordered that I have to wait for I usually just pay the cost. But if its an item in the store.. I pay the NCSX Price (which is there profit) but at least get a 10% off discount.

They oddly give discounts to Gamestop/EB employees because they bring them the most buisness, since they mod systems and also refurbish them too.

NCSX have changed the shipping from 3-5 days to 4-7.

NCSX said:
Update: March 27, 2006 at 10:23PM EST
Please read: Due to high demand, we are now PRESOLD out of our allocation of NDS Lites expected this week. New orders placed after this time (10:23PM EST) will probably not ship until Wednesday of next week when additional supplies arrive. Thanks for reading.

I wonder if thats pertaining to New orders.. since they originally stated "New Orders can be placed, but wont ship till Thursday or Friday"

Or if that is in regards to the people who preordered as well.

yjs666

Anyone else with Lik-sang that are getting increasingly frustrated? Not only they are charging $199, they aren't even sending out any information at all. Play-Asia next time for sure!!

Lyte Edge

But if they're sure that they're getting more systems in next week, the shortage is beginning to come to an end. I can't really afford it right now, but if I could I'd be glad to go and find more DS Lite systems for GAFfers.

PezRadar said:
CGX

btw the only reason why its free overnight shipping is because they have other games bundled in the box wtih the DS Lite for the overnight shipping.. They obviously wouldnt give it to me for free if it were just the DS lite :lol

Yes, I'm quite aware that they'd be ordering a lot of items; hence the discount from NCS, but all those packages means a high shipping price! :)

EDIT: And like i said, they do mark prices higher on items.. Not sure if you are having trouble reading my posts.. But I said they arent marking the DS Lite up. Even some of the items I get specially ordered that I have to wait for I usually just pay the cost. But if its an item in the store.. I pay the NCSX Price (which is there profit) but at least get a 10% off discount.

They oddly give discounts to Gamestop/EB employees because they bring them the most buisness, since they mod systems and also refurbish them too.

I'm not having difficulties reading your posts, but I can't remember everything you wrote in a post from a week ago. It's interesting to me that this store seems to give a lot of discounts; sound awesome, although it does make me wonder a bit. But it's nice to see a place like that doing well, since it's really hard to keep a mom n' pop style game store open in this day and age.

Anyway, my interest in all this just comes from my previous occupation, that's all.

Personally I think they stay in business with the repairs. They dont charge as much as sony and MS and its local. And its oddly weird but every gamestop encourages people to go there.

Its also located in a fairly ritzy mall and still sells tons of rare games and systems all in AWESOME condition. The store amazes me in many ways myself.

Lyte Edge

yjs666 said:
Anyone else with Lik-sang that are getting increasingly frustrated? Not only they are charging $199, they aren't even sending out any information at all. Play-Asia next time for sure!!

So is it always Lik-Sang and Yes-Asia that are the slowest with orders/updates?

PezRadar said:
Personally I think they stay in business with the repairs. They dont charge as much as sony and MS and its local. And its oddly weird but every gamestop encourages people to go there.

Its also located in a fairly ritzy mall and still sells tons of rare games and systems all in AWESOME condition. The store amazes me in many ways myself.

stonebriar?

Lyte Edge

PezRadar said:
Impatience will destroy me now.. Ive been waitng for this for months.

There were several periods the last two weeks where I had my finger on the "confirm purchase" button on a few sites with DS Lites for $280 or so, but I'm glad I held off; got mine for regular price (about $140); $300 with shipping is INSANE INSANE INSANE

You're almost there man. It will be in your hands soon enough!

Lyte Edge said:
So is it always Lik-Sang and Yes-Asia that are the slowest with orders/updates?

i fired off a noticibly irritated email to Lik-Sang earlier today and I will post the reply for reference when I get it. In my message, I detailed what their competetors are doing currently and confirmed that they are sending out preorders from customers who ordered well into Feb. whereas I ordered less than a day after the preorder was posted on their site. If they are sending out preorders little by little as they say then I would assume I would have shipped already. If they dont reply favorably, I will give them a nudge letting them know my future import business is probably going elsewhere. I have been pretty patient, but it is obvious that they really arent meeting the competition on this one.

mj1108

PezRadar said:
I wonder if thats pertaining to New orders.. since they originally stated "New Orders can be placed, but wont ship till Thursday or Friday"

Or if that is in regards to the people who preordered as well.

I just called NCSX and put in my other $40 onto my preorder and they said mine would ship tomorrow.

MadFuzzy

Neo is definitely onto something with the whole "price drop in Hong Kong" business (as if he's not reputable enough already!) I was quoted around $195 US (1500 HKD) for a navy one today in a shop here in HK, but it's probably worth holding out a week or two to see how much further they fall as the stock situation improves.

I've found an HK based company, who actually sell DS Lite Enamel Navy and Ice Blue (the Crystal White one availibility is: ship-within-a-week) immediately READY TO SHIP IN STOCK for 199.99 US$. I've bought mine Enamel Navy from them, shipped the same day I've ordered! Now it's your chance! :lol

http://www.gamechoiceclub.com

Try to get in contact with them, I've added their account on MSN Messenger and I found them very kindly and friendly with their customers!

bastard666 said:
I've found an HK based company, who actually sell DS Lite Enamel Navy and Ice Blue (the Crystal White one availibility is: ship-within-a-week) immediately READY TO SHIP IN STOCK for 199.99 US$. I've bought mine Enamel Navy from them, shipped the same day I've ordered! Now it's your chance! :lol

Try to get in contact with them, I've added their account on MSN Messenger and I found them very kindly and friendly with their customers!
Nice find, bastard. Now I'm tempted to cancel my order from lik-sang and order one from here.

bastard666 said:

How much is their shipping?

Has anyone used them before? I'm tempted to order, but I'd like to know for sure that they won't do evil things to me.

edit: Too late. Please pray for my order.

Sabaku Ika said:
Has anyone used them before? I'm tempted to order, but I'd like to know for sure that they won't do evil things to me.

edit: Too late. Please pray for my order.
I also ordered one, Sabaku. Let us hold hands and pray. *bows head*

Larry Bird said:
I also ordered one, Sabaku. Let us hold hands and pray. *bows head*

what does the shipping look like? I am not budging on getting a white one but, pending what Lik-Sang says in there email responce, i may be looking for a new vendor.

thanks in advance.

EDIT: eBay prices seem to be down for auctions (not buy it now). Also, the white being rare seems to be validated by the fact that the eBay auctions seem to be a good 20-50$ higher at the same points in time.

meltpotato said:
what does the shipping look like? I am not budging on getting a white one but, pending what Lik-Sang says in there email responce, i may be looking for a new vendor.

thanks in advance.
Shipping was $41.88 for FedEx/UPS 1-3 day. 7-15 day airmail was about $22, and there was one in the middle costing about $30 iirc. Expensive, almost twice as much as Lik-sang shipping charges, but Lik-sang doesn't have any systems, so, you know.

Larry Bird said:
Shipping was $41.88 for FedEx/UPS 1-3 day. 7-15 day airmail was about $22, and there was one in the middle costing about $30 iirc. Expensive, almost twice as much as Lik-sang shipping charges, but Lik-sang doesn't have any systems, so, you know.

thanks for the info.

word of advice for people still looking for a system, the closer we get to wide availablity, the sooner you may find eBay retailers selling for less than import shops.

Sabaku Ika said:
A friend of mine bought DS Lite from them and everything has been smooth.
This shop is often mentioned in Internet and has many positive feedbacks!

An example:
http://forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-7390.html

I've ordered mine (it's travelling now to EUROPE) and for the moment great communication and good customare care!
I will let you know once I will get my parcel! :)

gimz

bastard666 said:

lol from the site they actually says that they expected the price for NDSL will drop in few weeks XD, then maybe i should really wait for the price drop :lol

Yea NCSX is saying "please dont place your order in now we cant guarantee it will ship this week"

And they are hinting that the price is gonna drop even further in the coming weeks.. Im tempted to just wait it out.. 40 bucks is 40 bucks :lol

just heard back from Lik-Sang... looks like im ordering from gamechoiceclub. If i end up getting both i will sell one on GAF at what it cost me.

here is my email to them:

Hello,

I have seen that multiple sites (NCSX and Play-Asia) are both shipping large quantities of DS Lites in all three colors this week with people who have ordered well into Febuary. Having preordered hours after announcement I am assuming that mine should be shipping this week as well and am a little worried that I have not yet gotten word. I believe Nintendo has already exceeded the 450k shipment for March. What is the current status of my order?

Thank you,

Mike

this is their reply:

Dear Mike,

I know that this must be a stressful time for you right now. Unfortunately, the stock that is currently available is way too little for Japanese gamers and not at all enough for all preorders that Lik Sang or anyone outside of Japan has received. While we could grab a few dozens today, we may be able to grab some more tomorrow and so on. If Nintendo starts shipping more quantities, please rest assured that we will do everything humanly possible to ship your order as fast as we can. At this moment in time, it is impossible to know how many units we will get on a daily basis, please stay tuned to the website for more information.

Please be sure we are really doing the best we can to get as many orders shipped out every day as we humanly can. You will receive and e-mail with a tracking number to notify you as soon as your order has been shipped.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble and inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

-name deleted-

suffice to say that, by severely underperforming in relation to the competition, they will be losing all of my future import business.

Stryder

Awesome, my PA order status changed to 'preparing order', the Ice Blue I ordered is ready, now just waiting on the Enamel Navy. :D

Top Bottom