• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

junkwaffle

In Front and Drawing Away
.hacked said:
My DSlites are still in shipping limbo between here and Hong Kong, was hoping to get it today =(

I did get the 2 of the DSlite Smart Case from Keys Factory in the mail...

dslcase01.jpg

Those cases look excellent! They seem like leather, are they? And how can I get that 'Touch Me' toy thingy there, in the back? I want!

play asia seems to have filled all their pre orders for ice blue, and are now taking new orders. I got all excited at first, but I think $200 is still too much for me.

maynerd

Banned
Owed T'Alex said:
play asia seems to have filled all their pre orders for ice blue, and are now taking new orders. I got all excited at first, but I think $200 is still too much for me.

I hear you man. I want one BAD but $200 + Shipping is a bit steep. Especially when the system is about $140 retail.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Mine is that too. I guess it's supposed to be.

If you go here: http://www.gamechoiceclub.com/payment.asp are you able to pay for your order, too? I just find it weird, because I already paid--I mean, I put in my credit card number/got the little "TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL" page. But when I go there and click credit card, it lets me pay for my order number again. It just seems odd. Does this happen for you, too?

maynerd

Banned
BIG BUBBA said:
If you go here: http://www.gamechoiceclub.com/payment.asp are you able to pay for your order, too? I just find it weird, because I already paid--I mean, I put in my credit card number/got the little "TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL" page. But when I go there and click credit card, it lets me pay for my order number again. It just seems odd. Does this happen for you, too?

Rather than trying to pay twice. Maybe you should direct your question to them.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BIG BUBBA said:

Yes, I can do that too. I'm going to guess that is if you wanted to pay by Paypal or something. I'm not nervous or anything. I got a confirmation email. If you want, email them and post your response.

BIG BUBBA

Haha, I just had a conversation with the guy on MSN:

GameChoiceClub.com says:

How can I help you
GameChoiceClub.com says:
Here is sunday we are off
Me (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
ah
GameChoiceClub.com says:
Tell me what is about
I placed an order for a White DS Lite earlier today and wanted to make sure that you guys had the right address for me... I changed addresses after placing the order
GameChoiceClub.com says:
All order have been shipped yesterday
GameChoiceClub.com says:
think it is too late
I just placed the order a few hours ago, I doubt it was shipped (at least my status doesn't say it has been even charged)
GameChoiceClub.com says:
What is your order number?
GameChoiceClub.com says:
Ok
(my order number)
Is the order number
GameChoiceClub.com says:
Then I can update your address
GameChoiceClub.com says:
Yes
Thank you, that would be great
GameChoiceClub.com says:
Make sure that you also update your address on my website
Yeah, it's already been updated on the website
GameChoiceClub.com says:
cool
GameChoiceClub.com says:
Your order will be shipped out in 12 hrs
Awesome, thank you!
GameChoiceClub.com says:
If payment has no problem
GameChoiceClub.com says:
How to pay?
I paid with credit card
Did that go through? Because when I go to the payment page on your website
It seems like I can pay again
So I wasn't sure if my payment was successful
GameChoiceClub.com says:
WILL CHECK IT OUT IN 12 HRS SINCE HERE IS SUNDAY MORING
GameChoiceClub.com says:
I THINK WE HAVE 12 HRS DIFFERENT
GameChoiceClub.com says:
YOU CAN GET ME LATER ON MSN
Alrighty, awesome
Thank you so much
GameChoiceClub.com says:
anything else?
Nope, that's pretty much it... The White DSes are still in stock, right?
Me(E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
DS Lites, rather
GameChoiceClub.com says:
Yes

-----

I like how he goes from "IT'S SIX IN MORNING HERE" to "anything else?"

Y2Kev

Wow, he seems angry. ;)

I sent them an email too. It appears as if they receive payment through a Paypal like service for secure transactions. I'm not surprised if they just haven't received that payment yet or whatever.

My sympathys to all who ordered from Lik-Sang.. Cause wow.. everyones at least started shipping and giving some sort of feedback.. lik-sang is like jerking off in a closet or something.

Y2Kev

I wouldn't really feel comfortable IMing him over a chat service. It just feels intrusive and unprofessional.

BIG BUBBA

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I wouldn't really feel comfortable IMing him over a chat service. It just feels intrusive and unprofessional.

Well I mean, I think that's why he has it, for you to contact him. And to be honest, I don't think GameChoiceClub is exactly the most professional place to start :lol Anyhow, he's getting your money, so it wouldn't hurt.

.hacked

junkwaffle said:
Those cases look excellent! They seem like leather, are they? And how can I get that 'Touch Me' toy thingy there, in the back? I want!

They feel like leather but they probably are some synthetic stuff. I got the Touch Me toy from Fishie (Nintendo press item I believe).

medrew

Y2Kevbug11 said:

While you may think that is the case, a lot of these types of companies based in China and South Korea use MSN to deal with customer matters. Basically you can equate it to calling up a store using the phone.

Y2Kev

BIG BUBBA said:
Well I mean, I think that's why he has it, for you to contact him. And to be honest, I don't think GameChoiceClub is exactly the most professional place to start :lol Anyhow, he's getting your money, so it wouldn't hurt.

Maybe I'll contact him tomorrow. I want to at least give him a day or so to get his bearings.

Let me know if you get any details though.

Y2Kevbug11 said:

Before I got a buddy to use his paypal account (with a higher send limit than mine) I was contemplating doing a bank wire transfer. It was going to cost 20 pounds on top of shipping and the price of the product... to check that out I phoned the hotline number posted on the site, the guy answered in Chinese / Cantonese or something and I said "uh, hello?" and the guy broke out into perfect English.

I've got to say, between that phone call and the MSN convos, its the best service from an import site I've ever had.

BIG BUBBA

radioheadrule83 said:
Before I got a buddy to use his paypal account (with a higher send limit than mine) I was contemplating doing a bank wire transfer. It was going to cost 20 pounds on top of shipping and the price of the product... to check that out I phoned the hotline number posted on the site, the guy answered in Chinese / Cantonese or something and I said "uh, hello?" and the guy broke out into perfect English.

I've got to say, between that phone call and the MSN convos, its the best service from an import site I've ever had.

How long after placing your order did your status change on the website?

Well my import site gave a call to NCSX, and they said that they would probably have all there preorders fullfilled next week as there expecting ALOT of every system.

So im happy.. 169 ftw?

TehOh

maynerd said:
Anyone know if I get an import DSL if I can register under my US nintendo account?

Yes, it's the same firmware worldwide.

maynerd said:
Which color is better Navy or White...and why?
I think my Navy one is beautiful and just looks amazing. Also, I think the screens stand out even better when compared to the dark shell.

I've not held a White one, and I'm just not as into the iPod white device thing, but the Navy is my personal pick.

E-Nature

ahh that's just great. my ds lite got shipped 2 days ago! I should get it around wednesday!

unbelievable that I preordered my ds lite in the beginning of february at liksang and they are STILL not able to deliver while I ordered the same thing at gamecoiceclub.com 3 days ago and only one day later they sent off my ds lite!

I'm seriously changing my favorite online game store now!

Dear GAFers I gave you a good hint with GAMEChoiceCLUB, isn't it? :lol
I've found it AWESOME as import shop and I suggested to you! :)

radioheadrule83 said:
Here's the journey of my DS lite so far according to Fed Ex.
Its heading to Liverpool in the UK.

godslite.gif

Iwata: there is one more secret we havent revealed yet about the DS Lite

Marty McFly: OMGWFTBBQ I THINK I FOUND IT!! FLUX CAPACITOR!!!

flux-capacitor-real.jpg

maynerd

Banned
TehOh said:
I think my Navy one is beautiful and just looks amazing. Also, I think the screens stand out even better when compared to the dark shell.

I've not held a White one, and I'm just not as into the iPod white device thing, but the Navy is my personal pick.

Hmm...I'm thinking I may go with white. I like the dark color but from the looks of a previous post it would appear that smudges appear on the outside of the system more than on white. Also looking at screenshots it looks like the contrast between white and the screen to have more POP than the blue. Thanks for your input...

I still haven't decided yet...but I'm really itching to get the system. I know what's going to happen too...I'm going to finally breakdown and buy the thing at the inflated price and the day after I get the system the price will fall $30.

Keio

For a Finer World
Play-Asia is PREPARING my order of Crystal White DS - preordered on 10th of February.

UPS, please bring that beauty to Finland, ASAP!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Keio said:
Play-Asia is PREPARING my order of Crystal White DS - preordered on 10th of February.
My play-asia account page is showing the same message! What was the old one though? (just want to be 100% sure it was not said "in preparation" for months... If not, yipee!!!)

TehOh

maynerd said:
Hmm...I'm thinking I may go with white. I like the dark color but from the looks of a previous post it would appear that smudges appear on the outside of the system more than on white. Also looking at screenshots it looks like the contrast between white and the screen to have more POP than the blue. Thanks for your input....

That's cool, like I said, it comes down to a personal style choice. I prefer the navy, but it does attract fingerprints really badly. You can just wipe it off, but it still gets a little annoying. The white shouldn't be as bad.

Pezking

Play-Asia is preparing my order for shipping as well.

Since I can't change the shipping-address or any other details of my order any more, I'm quite positive that it will really ship as soon as tomorrow, which would make wednesday my own personal DSLite-Day over here in Germany!

My order is for 2 crystal white DSLites, order has been placed on January 26th.

Pezking said:
Play-Asia is preparing my order for shipping as well.

Since I can't change the shipping-address or any other details of my order any more, I'm quite positive that it will really ship as soon as tomorrow, which would make wednesday my own personal DSLite-Day over here in Germany!

My order is for 2 crystal white DSLites, order has been placed on January 26th.

What THE F*** is this !?

Change names now!

Shalomi

Timbuktu said:
I finally got my Navy DS Lite! :D some pics for those who has forgotten what it looks like:

ds3be.jpg

ds29ll.jpg

ds13ek.jpg

ds38al.jpg

I know I'm horrible to all those still waiting, but this thing is gorgeous.

Man, those are some well-taken pictures, even if this post is really fucking old.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
meltpotato said:
Iwata: there is one more secret we havent revealed yet about the DS Lite

Marty McFly: OMGWFTBBQ I THINK I FOUND IT!! FLUX CAPACITOR!!!

flux-capacitor-real.jpg

1 minute flight from Japan to Alaska? Nice.

Top Bottom