• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

Jonnyram

Shit... that means they added stock in the last hour and I missed it :(
I checked at lunchtime too :''(
These are selling out so quickly, I don't know what they're gonna do for other countries now.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
Shit... that means they added stock in the last hour and I missed it :(
I checked at lunchtime too :''(
These are selling out so quickly, I don't know what they're gonna do for other countries now.

It really should have hit the US first, which is the DS's weakest territory. :(

Chittagong

Gold Member
CurseoftheGods said:
Same here. =/

Ditto.

However, the round dot by the order should mean they have my particular products at hand. Not far away, then.

Weekend + DS Lites + Tetris DS + Metroid + Brain Age FTW!

Shiggy

Do you prefer this over the DS Lite? :lol

ac-konkurranse2_no.jpg

Mofo

I just wanted to thank whoever first posted the Gamechoiceclub.com. Ordered my Ice Blue on Friday night, and according to UPS, it's on a truck ready to be delivered today! Many pictures to come... yay!

Shiggy said:
Do you prefer this over the DS Lite? :lol

ac-konkurranse2_no.jpg

wow a Lite version of that in Japan would probably kill PSP sales alone!!

I do think though that problems with the DSlite will slow down the advent of other new colours, as Nintendo still have to sell DSlites around the Western world yet. And regular DS's are finally being stocked here again. And getting snapped up EVERYWHERE i go!
DS Mario Kart bundles in Tesco in a big box, 2-3 days later, a handful left at most out of at least 30 or more. 360's got snapped up too.

Toys r Us are doing £150 new price on PSP WITH a UMD movie AND a free game!!!!

Mofo said:
I just wanted to thank whoever first posted the Gamechoiceclub.com. Ordered my Ice Blue on Friday night, and according to UPS, it's on a truck ready to be delivered today! Many pictures to come... yay!
It was bastard666. I ordered my white DSLite from GCC on 3/29 and according to UPS it arrives today.

GCC FTW

bastard666 FTW

DefectiveReject said:
wow a Lite version of that in Japan would probably kill PSP sales alone!!

I do think though that problems with the DSlite will slow down the advent of other new colours, as Nintendo still have to sell DSlites around the Western world yet. And regular DS's are finally being stocked here again. And getting snapped up EVERYWHERE i go!
DS Mario Kart bundles in Tesco in a big box, 2-3 days later, a handful left at most out of at least 30 or more. 360's got snapped up too.

Toys r Us are doing £150 new price on PSP WITH a UMD movie AND a free game!!!!

woah. well... good news!

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Yup, I'm glad I went with GCC, too. Thank you, bastard.

Although I haven't received mine, I placed my order yesterday (well, technically yesterday, it was like midnight) and it's already shipped... My tracking number says it's in Kentucky already, and I'm in NYC. Here's hoping there's no dead pixels!

XVI

Got my Emenal Navy from GCC this morning, with some free GT4 stickers and a free carrying case for the regular DS. I'm very pleased, thanks bastard666!:D

BIG BUBBA

Magicpaint said:
Cheers man!

EDIT: Damn, no white in stock?! :-(

I'm desperate, should I go for Enamel Navy? :D

I must've snatched up one of the last white ones :D

People on liksang are saying renchi.com has all the colors in stock.

BIG BUBBA

My tracking info says this:

REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY

What does that mean?

maynerd

Banned
BIG BUBBA said:
I must've snatched up one of the last white ones :D

People on liksang are saying renchi.com has all the colors in stock.

They may have them in stock but they are selling for $270! WTF?!

Just recieved my white DSLite from GCC. They packed in a GB Micro case and a bunch of Gran Turismo 4 stickers. A piece of tape stuck to the GBM case had "free gift" written on it. Odd non-related pack-in gifts FTW, I guess. Anyway, I'm extremely pleased with GCC's quick service and can't help but recommend them to anyone contemplating importing a DSLite. I canceled my long standing Lik-Sang order, ordered one from GCC, and here I am five days later holding one in my hand. Oh and btw it totally and completely kicks ass. Thanks for the tip bastard666.

BIG BUBBA

Larry Bird said:
Just recieved my white DSLite from GCC. They packed in a GB Micro case and a bunch of Gran Turismo 4 stickers. A piece of tape stuck to the GBM case had "free gift" written on it. Odd non-related pack-in gifts FTW, I guess. Anyway, I'm extremely pleased with GCC's quick service and can't help but recommend them to anyone contemplating importing a DSLite. I canceled my long standing Lik-Sang order, ordered one from GCC, and here I am five days later holding one in my hand. Oh and btw it totally and completely kicks ass. Thanks for the tip bastard666.

Did your tracking number information ever say

What does that mean? :\

BIG BUBBA said:
Did your tracking number information ever say

What does that mean? :\

It should change to RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY / NOW IN TRANSIT after that I think.

BIG BUBBA

ANCHORAGE, AK, US 04/03/2006 2:24 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 04/03/2006 4:41 P.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
CHEK LAP KOK, HK 04/03/2006 7:38 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
CHEUNG SHA WAN, HK 04/03/2006 2:53 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
HK 04/03/2006 10:57 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

ALASKA? What the hell? Hong Kong --> Kentucky --> Alaska --> ... NYC? Seems like an awfully odd route. haha, Alaska???

edit: and the time magically went back like 2 hours when it arrived in Alaska...

VictimOfGrief said:
Why can't they just bring it out here already? Good lord Nintendo....
It's only been out 1 month. How many systems are launched in a second territory that quickly?

Though the fact that the correct answers are DS, GBASP, and GBM don't help my argument much.

spastaz

i am a new poster (this thread convinced me to get a navy ds lite because of somebody that posted a TON of navy lite pics). anyway, i got one from ebay about a week ago for $200 shipped including hori lite screen protectors. the only flaw that is somewhat pissing me off is the damn thing scratches so easily! scratches worse than my psp, similar to ipod scratching. I baby this thing too! i have put it in a softcloth then the lite wrapped with a softcloth intomy psp softpouch (i dont have a case yet), yet there are still TONS of micro scratches that can only be seen at certain angles. that and fingerprints are my only gripes...i hope somebody releases a vinyl protector (hopefully hori, i have hori for my psp and lite) that covers the body/shell of the lite. here are pics of my lite/collection (i tried to show how different colors can look: black, navy, cobalt). I can answer any questions!

p10103800wi.jpg

p10103845ed.jpg

p10103829fh.jpg

maynerd

Banned
spastaz said:
i am a new poster (this thread convinced me to get a navy ds lite because of somebody that posted a TON of navy lite pics). anyway, i got one from ebay about a week ago for $200 shipped including hori lite screen protectors. the only flaw that is somewhat pissing me off is the damn thing scratches so easily! scratches worse than my psp, similar to ipod scratching. I baby this thing too! i have put it in a softcloth then the lite wrapped with a softcloth intomy psp softpouch (i dont have a case yet), yet there are still TONS of micro scratches that can only be seen at certain angles. that and fingerprints are my only gripes...i hope somebody releases a vinyl protector (hopefully hori, i have hori for my psp and lite) that covers the body/shell of the lite. here are pics of my lite/collection (i tried to show how different colors can look: black, navy, cobalt). I can answer any questions!

Let's see some pics of the scratches.

$200 is a pretty good price BTW. Congrats.

BIG BUBBA

spastaz said:
also, screen protectors are great IMO especially if you apply the hori ones perfectly (mine has no air bubbles or dust under them, you can barely see it). especially since i paid a pretty penny for my lite, screen protectors are worth it, especially since the new hori lite protectors are redesigned. the bottom protector is thinner than the top protector so the touch screen is easy to use

If you keep it closed when you're not using it, though, how do the screens get scratched? I mean, I guess dust and stuff could theoretically get in there, but if it's not moving I imagine that wouldn't do any harm?

spastaz

they stylus will scratch the screen, even if they are tiny micro scratches. i know because i didnt use screen protectors with the original ds, and i took care of it, polished it, etc. but there were still af ew micro scratches when i sold it

spastaz

Archie said:
Can the Hori screen protectors for the original DS work on the Lite or do you need a new type?

since the screens are the same size, any ds protectors will work with the lite, but the new ds lite hori screen protectors are what came with my lite. also, the only better thing about the new horis is the touch screen protector is thinner, so the sensitivity is essentially the same

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
spastaz said:
since the screens are the same size, any ds protectors will work with the lite, but the new ds lite hori screen protectors are what came with my lite. also, the only better thing about the new horis is the touch screen protector is thinner, so the sensitivity is essentially the same
Ok thanks. I didn't want to get stuck with some filters that didn't work. :)

Top Bottom