• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

Tony HoTT

Banned
Chittagong said:
how many days does this thing take to prepare...?

* sobs *
I know...

I check every night to see if the status changes.

EDIT: Top post, whoever posts after this likes to suck dicks lololololol

ugh!!! i hate this ....

buy it now for like 300 bucks canadian (with shipping and all that other shit) .....oooor wait a few months (though we dont know really how long it will take to release here ) and buy it for like half that :p

i do love my DS games though....and the fancy Lite is neato ....and i DOO like things now ....

arg !

edit: aparently i like to suck dicks !! WHO KNEW :O !!!!

maynerd

Banned
spastaz said:
well, i tried taking tons of different pictures, and its really hard to capture the scratches. these two pictures capture them the best, even though they arent very good. Think of a psp that has light scratching or an ipod that has light scratching at certain angles, that is what is there. Also, i bet it shows alot in the navy because its darker than the light blue and white, but i am positive they are on those two colors there, but harder to see. any more q's?

Thanks for the pics, that pretty much settles it that I will go with white.

So do your do your ds games look even better with the new and improved screen?

Nobiru said:
ugh!!! i hate this ....

buy it now for like 300 bucks canadian (with shipping and all that other shit) .....oooor wait a few months (though we dont know really how long it will take to release here ) and buy it for like half that :p

i do love my DS games though....and the fancy Lite is neato ....and i DOO like things now ....

arg !

edit: aparently i like to suck dicks !! WHO KNEW :O !!!!

well i do believe GCC would be a good deal less than 300$ canadian. am i misinformed?

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
dslite4zq.jpg

Nobody finds that route a little bit odd?

But man, scheduled delivery is tomorrow? Insane.

meltpotato said:
well i do believe GCC would be a good deal less than 300$ canadian. am i misinformed?

dunno...its about 245 canadian just for the system (according to www.xe.com ...so might be a little differant at the site, but not by much) add in shipping, add in the import tax or whatever the hell that was that i had to pay when i got all my stuff from Play-Asia ... and its ending up probably pretty close to 300 bucks.

gimz

how much will the NDSL be in US/Canada anyway?
because one of my friend is coming to Canada in May from Hong Kong, i'm thinking if i should ask her to get me one of those from HK so she could check the screen for me when she gets it, or should i just wait for the US version to comes out :/

Xrenity

Mailed Lik-Sang.
We are really sorry to keep you waiting.

As you may understand, the demand of NDS Lite is extremely high. The new shipment that we receive recently from our supplier is still more expensive. Please kindly understand that there is still no way of knowing when your order will ship out, nor the exact position of your order in the pre-order queue - we are receiving small quantities of the DS Lite everyday, and are shipping these out instantly after they come in.

To make a long story short, be prepared for a waiting time of several weeks or under extreme circumstances even more. Should Nintendo do some magic and increase production quantities tomorrow (despite not having announced anything so far), we will be able to ship your system faster. Please understand that the shortage is completely out of Lik Sang's control.

Please be sure we are really doing the best we can to get as many orders shipped out every day as we humanly can. You will receive and e-mail with a tracking number to notify you as soon as your order has been shipped.
:(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
BIG BUBBA said:
dslite4zq.jpg

Nobody finds that route a little bit odd?

But man, scheduled delivery is tomorrow? Insane.

Don't worry about it; I've had the same thing happen with UPS tracking before. If it says delivery is tomorrow, it's going to be tomorrow. :)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Mine has not (ordered on Play-asia on February 21st):
"There is a shortage for the white console. Though we have already received some stock
for the white one, we are not able to satisfy all the preordered customers. Thus, we can only ship this item in a first come, first get basis. Please understand many customers have already preordered the white one in January. We kindly ask you for patience."

How easy is it to cancel an order on Play-asia? Just write them an email? I can't see any mention of that on their website.

yjs666

Xrenity said:
Mailed Lik-Sang.

:(

That's just more generic reply crap from Lik Sang. I don't see how GCC can ship out whites now at $200 (changed to $210 a couple of days ago) when LS can't, especially how LS is a much bigger company. I don't think anyone got their whites yet from LS.

Stryder

I just got my girlfriend's Ice Blue from P-A in the mail today, they are still preparing my order for the Enamel Navy one.

It's awesome.. well worth the wait and price. :)

ouendan.jpg

back.jpg

Pezking

Play-Asia just shipped my order of 2 crystal-white DSLites!

Placed that order on January 26th, status changed to "preparing order" on sunday.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
got a long scratch on my navy one and I haven't even played it yet! Its been in its box in its foam wrapper. I think that foam is scratchier than you think.

Keio

For a Finer World
wes- said:
Yes play-asia shipped my white lite also. And the Enamel Navy and Ice Blue are in stock :)
When did you preorder? I'm still staring at "preparing order" on my White DS at Play-Asia...

The question is, will Chittagong or I get the console first to Finland ;)

Fed Ex are crap in the UK.

I phoned them yesterday asking if they would definately make their estimated delivery as I was in work at 2pm. Yes, yes of course.

It was put on a van in Runcorn at 5 to 8 this morning (mere miles away from where I am) and nothing as of yet. I just had to phone them again and they sounded perturbed it wasn't here yet. Its apparently getting delivered today like.

wes-

Keio said:
When did you preorder? I'm still staring at "preparing order" on my White DS at Play-Asia...

The question is, will Chittagong or I get the console first to Finland ;)

I pre ordered 26th of January

Alright, I've come to serve up another healthy dose of pictures to people waiting (or already enjoying :D ) Enjoy, and let me know if you want 3450x2300 originals.

(Night time under a lamp)

IMG_5754.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5761.jpg

(Day time with natural lighting)

IMG_5766.jpg

IMG_5767.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

(Crop out)

DS.jpg

Cheebs

I noticed that thar game choice club had white in stock again somehow so I cancelled my order at NCSX and placed an order at GCC. How the hell does this site keep getting stock?

Someone reassure me that I did not just make a mistake. :(

Kato

The_IGN_Man said:
Alright, I've come to serve up another healthy dose of pictures to people waiting (or already enjoying :D ) Enjoy, and let me know if you want 3450x2300 originals.

IMG_5773.jpg

:O

E-Nature

awesome. I finally got my ds lite today!
I just can say it's a fantastic thing! the displays are like day and night of the old one compared with the new one! the colors are so vivid... *in love*

Chittagong

Gold Member
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Play-Asia said:
Product name Qty. Price/Unit Price
Nintendo DS Lite (Japanese) 2 US$ 169.90 (~139.66 EUR US$ 339.80 (~279.32 EUR)

Live UPS shipping data
Apr 04, 2006 18:54:00 HK KWAI CHUNG PICKUP SCAN
Apr 04, 2006 05:09:49 HK BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Keio

For a Finer World
I'll salt my wounds and post a photo I took at Nintendo's Finnish office when I went there for a hands-on w/ Lite a few weeks ago. Which one of these consoles isn't a part of Nintendo's classic aesthetic?
IMG_5292.jpg

Something new, something old

IMG_5284.jpg

On a white table

IMG_5252.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
The_IGN_Man said:
Chittagong,

I used a Canon Digital Rebel XT base, along with the 18-55mm kit lens and the Canon 28-135mm Ultrasonic Image Stabilizer lens. Despite the extra zoom allowed by using the 28-135mm lens, the more macro-looking shots are all using the kit lens because it requires far less distance from the subject for focus.

Wow, that's really surprising - I have a Canon EOS 350D (Digital Rebel if you live in the US) with the 18-55mm kit lens and I had no idea you can go that close with it to achieve such a dramatic short focus. What type of ISO and exposure did you use? Tripod?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Chittagong said:
Wow, that's really surprising - I have a Canon EOS 350D (Digital Rebel if you live in the US) with the 18-55mm kit lens and I had no idea you can go that close with it to achieve such a dramatic short focus. What type of ISO and exposure did you use? Tripod?

me neither (although I also have the 28-135IS). You can use cheap extension tubes to get very close almost macro stuff. Anyway, back to the thread...

Haha, well hello then, fellow Canon'er. :) Yeah, the Rebel XT is called the Rebel Kiss here in Japan, but since mine's actually from the US, it's got the XT branding on it. I could have sworn I was shooting at ISO 100, but in checking the files, they all say they were shot at ISO 200. I didn't use my tripod since all the shots were at shutter speeds between 1/125 - 1/160. F-Stops all ranged from F-8 to F-10 in the shots, and I think the kit lens goes down to F-5.6 (at full zoom). So if you wanted, it could have had an even narrower focus, but my focus was probably already too narrow to begin with. :D Also, I'm not sure how much a difference it made, but I had my AF system set to only the middle of the 7 focal points. Then I just pinpoint my focal point in the shot, recompose the shot, and take it.

I hope you don't blame me for getting to the thread late and not looking at every page, but did you have pics in this thread that I missed earlier? I wanna check them out if so. Thanks for the kind words though. I'm glad you liked mine. :)

RaidenZR

Play-Asia has been "preparing" my white DS Lite order for about 4 days now. What the hell? Box that thing and stamp it! How hard is it?

My navy DSL came today!
Game Choice Club included a free case that wasn't mentioned on the site. It does kind of look like it's run by one guy with supernatural stocking powers. I don't get it either, but definitely order from him if you haven't already.

Unison said:
Forgive my ignorance...

If i buy a DS Lite, does the charger work fine without any power adaptor in the USA?
Anything from Japan that plugs into walls should work in North America and vica versa.

maynerd

Banned
Unison said:
I just ordered the Blue one from Game Choice Club. . .

I couldn't hold off any longer. :D

I hear you...I am this " " close to importing a DS. GCC's shipping is outragous though. $50 to the USA? WTF!? They seem to be fulfilling orders very well and I commend them. But their shipping fees is flat out gouging. It's bad enough they are overcharging for the DS but that's close to 3x the shipping cost. Punks.

Unison

maynerd said:
I hear you...I am this " " close to importing a DS. GCC's shipping is outragous though. $50 to the USA? WTF!? They seem to be fulfilling orders very well and I commend them. But their shipping fees is flat out gouging. It's bad enough they are overcharging for the DS but that's close to 3x the shipping cost. Punks.

It was $36 for the fastest shipping option for me. (Fed Ex, 1-3 days). Maybe they've altered it?

That's still high, of course, but i dunno... Nothing about this purchase makes any rational sense, so why should the shipping charge bug me?

Top Bottom