• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

Cheebs

Unison said:
It was $36 for the fastest shipping option for me. (Fed Ex, 1-3 days). Maybe they've altered it?

That's still high, of course, but i dunno... Nothing about this purchase makes any rational sense, so why should the shipping charge bug me?
It cost me like $30 for the 3-5 day shipping.

maynerd

Banned
Unison said:
It was $36 for the fastest shipping option for me. (Fed Ex, 1-3 days). Maybe they've altered it?

That's still high, of course, but i dunno... Nothing about this purchase makes any rational sense, so why should the shipping charge bug me?

HAHA true...if I wait a couple months I save $100 (if it sells for $149 in the USA). But sometimes you just gotta catch em all!

Edit: Looks like I had a quantity of 2 in my cart. Here's the actual price: $41.88 for fedex shipping.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can someone confirm that a GB Micro charger is good for the Lite? I'm in the UK so no Lite yet, and I'm using a stepdown at the moment - I'd like a proper charger

TehOh

mrklaw said:
can someone confirm that a GB Micro charger is good for the Lite? I'm in the UK so no Lite yet, and I'm using a stepdown at the moment - I'd like a proper charger

It doesn't work, they're completely different connectors.

argon

My Crystal White DSL just arrived today via NCSX.. It's like a whole new system! Absolutely beautiful. I especially love the D-Pad, although its a bit smaller than the original DS's so it took some getting used to.

gimz

just went to a local game story in Toronto, and they have a Navy Blue NDSL in store, they are selling it for 269 CAD :lol

gimz

maynerd said:
http://www.bestsku.com/

Has DSL in stock and they are located in California. They have a good price that includes Hori screen protectors. They have a very postive rating on Ebay (bestsku)

Good luck!

pretty cool price, 225 USD for the system, MPH and screen protecter!
but how much is the shipping?

EDIT: its actually 225USD for the system and MP:pinball, not Hunter, hmmmm now i have to think about it again :lol

OT: nice new face of GAF :D

Okay the screen difference is incredible.

Annoyingly I don't have a 220v > 100v step-down converter yet so I don't know how much charge this thing has.

Its such a better screen, EVERY game looks better. At first I was holding it as close to my face as I used to hold the old DS, and in some ways it made some games look worse. I mean, I can see blocky textures on Mario Kart that I didn't notice on Mario Kart before (although obviously I knew they were there). The videos on the Metroid demo and Castlevania show up artifacting more... its that much brighter...

but fuck, holding this thing at a healthy distance from your face, I notice all that a lot less and I'm just impressed by how crisp, sharp and bright it is.

Now to get that stepdown converter!

maynerd

Banned
PezRadar said:
Holy hell Best Sku owns you in shipping.. Ground shipping from california is 30 bucks.. 3 day is 60-70 bucks and next day is 170 bucks HAHA wtf?

You know they had a buy it now on ebay that I went for. 215 with 20 shipping for UPS. They are in CA and I am in WA and that's a 1-2 day turn. That shipping is somewhat of a joke. Sorry the deal ain't as good as I thought. :(

So can I assume that importing now will get you your import pretty much in a week or two, and not having to wait for like a month or two? Now that it's not too hard to get ahold of now, I want to try and place my import.

maynerd

Banned
BrandNew said:
So can I assume that importing now will get you your import pretty much in a week or two, and not having to wait for like a month or two? Now that it's not too hard to get ahold of now, I want to try and place my import.

Many import stores have it in stock. You just need to go to your store of choice and see!

Cheebs

The guy from GCC asked me about GAF on MSN and I linked him to this thread heh. I told him bastard666 is the reason we all ordered through him.

Cheebs said:
The guy from GCC asked me about GAF on MSN and I linked him to this thread heh. I told him bastard666 is the reason we all ordered through him.

HAHA they should have new topline:

GameChoiceClub: The GAF choice for your importing needs! :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Cheebs said:

Is he happy? He was totally awesome in his dealings with me.

jenov4

Cheebs said:

:lol Maybe NeoGAF should get some sort of comission.

Cheebs

For the curious:

GameChoiceClub.com says:
could you send me a link
Jake says:
at the message board at http://www.neogaf.com/forum/
Jake says:
I heard multiple very good impressions about importing with you there
GameChoiceClub.com says:
i didnt know who did and i just do my best
GameChoiceClub.com says:
can you direct me to the link?
Jake says:
Sure let me find the link to where you were brought up
Jake says:
found it
Jake says:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88411&page=29
Jake says:
you are mentioned a little past halfway in the thread by a poster named "bastard666"
Jake says:
it seemed a good number took his advice like me and ordered from you
GameChoiceClub.com says:
thanks
Jake says:
no problem

medrew

Ok, that's it. I give up on liksang, I'm going to try and see if I can cancel my order. Even though I already paid for it, maybe they'll let the money sit there as store credit.
I mean, ffs, GameChoiceClub.com even lists the White as being in stock.

neptunes

human5892 said:
Yeah, old. I think May was/is the plan, but it may be dependent on if they can produce enough to satisfy Japan's demand while also giving the U.S. some love.
maybe the fact that they planned to release it in the US (in may) was part of the problem.

RaidenZR

You know, I was initially placing my anger on Nintendo, but now I'm starting to get pissy with Play-Asia. They took my money on Saturday and have been silent with my emails since then. It's been in "preparing status" for almost 5 days now. I don't get it. At least give me a heads up with a guess... It's not like they haven't been leading me on til now.

The ship date is still set as Mar 02. Wtf?

E-Nature

medrew said:
Ok, that's it. I give up on liksang, I'm going to try and see if I can cancel my order. Even though I already paid for it, maybe they'll let the money sit there as store credit.
I mean, ffs, GameChoiceClub.com even lists the White as being in stock.

you should do that. in fact I cancelled my liksang order yesterday because after only 4 days I got my ds lite from gamechoiceclub inclusive a free gift (which I never got from liksang so far)

Tony HoTT

Banned
RaidenZR said:
You know, I was initially placing my anger on Nintendo, but now I'm starting to get pissy with Play-Asia. They took my money on Saturday and have been silent with my emails since then. It's been in "preparing status" for almost 5 days now. I don't get it. At least give me a heads up with a guess... It's not like they haven't been leading me on til now.

Well mine has been shipped, and they uhhhh haven't taken my money yet. o_O

Keio

For a Finer World
RaidenZR said:

I have to hesistatingly agree - even though it's great that Play-Asia has promised gifts and everything, my order too has been sitting as being prepared. Thus I've been prevented from going the GCC-route and having a system ASAP for my this week's trip which includes long waiting sessions at airports...

RaidenZR

Keio said:
I have to hesistatingly agree - even though it's great that Play-Asia has promised gifts and everything, my order too has been sitting as being prepared. Thus I've been prevented from going the GCC-route and having a system ASAP for my this week's trip which includes long waiting sessions at airports...

How long has your order been in this state? I'm just curious if we're in the same boat. Twice a day I check this thing, just to see if anything's been changed... And I'm always disappointed. Seeing people's beautiful pictures, and my copies of Tetris DS, Metroid Prime Pinball and Hunters collecting dust doesn't help.

...sigh

Chittagong

Gold Member
RaidenZR said:
How long has your order been in this state? I'm just curious if we're in the same boat. Twice a day I check this thing, just to see if anything's been changed... And I'm always disappointed. Seeing people's beautiful pictures, and my copies of Tetris DS, Metroid Prime Pinball and Hunters collecting dust doesn't help.

...sigh

I had it for some days, but then it eventually shipped on Tuesday. It should mean they have your device earmarked, but I think they are overloaded as hell and that's why it's slow.

Y2Kev

I just got mine. Unbelievable.

I harbor a secret desire for Nintendo to spontaneously explode along with their entire fanbase, but this is without a doubt the nicest piece of game hardware I've ever held or even seen. This is leagues beyond the DS and, in my opinion (and this is bittersweet), the PSP.

I just played a game of Metroid and it seriously looked like another game.

arab

Y2Kevbug11 said:

I harbor a secret desire for Nintendo to spontaneously explode along with their entire fanbase, but this is without a doubt the nicest piece of game hardware I've ever held or even seen. This is leagues beyond the DS and, in my opinion (and this is bittersweet), the PSP.

God damn you. GOD DAMN YOU!

You're making my wait unbearable!

Y2Kev

Cheebs said:
To the fellow GCC guys, how long did your order say "payment in process" for?

No time, I don't think. Hop on MSN or email the guy. They are SO helpful. I was kind of embarrassed to be bugging him, but I had an order issue and he worked it out for me.

I need to go have sex with my DSL now.

turntheliteon.gif

I like how the auto-exposure kicks in.

I wish my DS lite went *click*..TTHREEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAaaaaa as it started up. If I could point it at things and burn them to sinders that would be cool too.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Y2Kevbug11 said:

Haha, did you get the complimentary GT4 stickers (WTF) too? :lol

I got mine, too, it's great. No dead pixels, no scratches, nothing. I definitely recommend the white DS, you can't see any fingerprints.

Is there a general consensus on what the best case is?

Chittagong

Gold Member
lt's been 36 hours since my DS Lite was scanned in the Hong Kong hub. l expect it to resurface tomorrow in frankfurt or hannover at 5 am and then arrive with the 9am UPS flight to Helsinki making it in time for the noontime delivery round. good times ahead !

Y2Kev

BIG BUBBA said:
Haha, did you get the complimentary GT4 stickers (WTF) too? :lol

I got mine, too, it's great. No dead pixels, no scratches, nothing. I definitely recommend the white DS, you can't see any fingerprints.

Is there a general consensus on what the best case is?

Yeah. I think I'll go stick one on my car and drive around really fast.

The new stylus has like...a springy feeling to it.

Rushmore

I wonder if any thread in the history of GAF has had this many screenshots of the system hardware before. It's almost like parents showing off their newborn babies. Specifically, parents who can't sire their own offspring and adopt from Japan. :lol

BIG BUBBA

Rushmore said:
I wonder if any thread in the history of GAF has had this many screenshots of the system hardware before. It's almost like parents showing off their newborn babies. Specifically, parents who can't sire their own offspring and adopt from Japan. :lol

Haha, I know. I was tempted to take some photos, but I think everyone who wants to see the DSL has seen enough of it.

Cheebs

Y2Kevbug11 said:
No time, I don't think. Hop on MSN or email the guy. They are SO helpful. I was kind of embarrassed to be bugging him, but I had an order issue and he worked it out for me.

I need to go have sex with my DSL now.
I hopped on MSN and sent him a message twice, niether times did he reply. :(

BIG BUBBA

Cheebs said:
I hopped on MSN and sent him a message twice, niether times did he reply. :(

When was this? Keep in mind there's a 12 hour difference, so he might be asleep.

BTW, my order status never changed to Payment in Process, I don't think. Mine stayed at "Status 0" or whatever for a day and then it was shipped.

Got my navy DS Lite today from Play-Asia. They shipped it yesterday from Hong Kong and it got to me today in California; and I didn't even pay for overnight shipping.

Swag from Play-Asia: MegaMan sticker, Okami sticker, and free Gameboy Advanced game called Shamanking Cardgame. Will probable never play the game but will keep it as a souvenir. (First import video game I have ever owned.)
ID_Pictures_001.jpg

Just a picture to show how black the navy DS can look. (Sorry about the picture size.)
ID_Pictures_002.jpg

Top Bottom