• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

ant1532

Banned
Tony HoTT said:
nah he's impervious. If Nintendogs didn't kill him nothing will. Sorry.

yea, if i was him, i would just show pics and videos of psp's launch... and the american numbers.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ant1532 said:
Also on the Hori screen protectors, im definatley thinking about importing the ds lite ones(even though i know the others work as well)

But i have a couple questions(about the hori screen protectors)

1) how are they?

2) Does it leave bubbles?

3) How visible is it on the screen?

4) Does it reduce the sence of touch at all? I want to play Metroid prime with the thumbstrap.
I want to know about this too, my DS touch screen is not full of scratches but it does a few ones I don't want to hurt my DSlite when I get it.

ant1532

Banned

neptunes

PezRadar said:
08.jpg

:snip:
This image alone best describes their new target demographic.

looks like they're on track so far...I wonder how the public will react to the revolution.

ant1532

Banned
neptunes said:
This image alone best describes their new target demographic.

looks like their on track so far...

they actually reached below their range also. check what the baby is holding.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
you know whats funny? This is only the launch for 1 out of 3 machines! 3 pillars ftw?

Repeat on the 11th :D

:lol

neptunes

kaizoku said:
the lonely ice blue everyone forgets over the navy and white :D
oh you mean the 3 colors, I thought you were referring to actual platforms.

but yeah, one of 3 colors and they haven't SHOWN pokemon yet.

kaizoku

omg those pics are awesome. Esp the one vs the PSP, brightness kills it and resolution holds up very well. It even puts the brightness of the Micro screen to shame.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ant1532 said:
woah, lol forgot about that

also Ign has a very nice article on the launch up now

http://ds.ign.com/articles/692/692939p1.html
The DS has been in short supply ever since Christmas, with instant sellouts as soon as new hardware arrived. Low retail stock has lead to fluctuating weekly sales, with the system pushing 5,000 units at its low point, recently climbing back up to 60,000.
Too bad IGN's fact checking sucks ass.

Hori protectors are available in the US.

Since you cant turn the DS screen off....anyone know what happens when yuo do it in-game?

Mario 64 and Asphalt had : turn off backlight" options.

kaizoku

Black_Mamba said:
The PSP is probably on the lowest light level. I can't see how the DS or any LCD can be brighter than the PSP, frankly.

problem with PSP screen is its often dark under certain light conditions or certain angles.

All we can confirm from these pics is the DSL does not suffer quite the same probles - and thats fucking awesome.

But like I said before, no one is saying the PSP isn't capable of the better graphics,, UMD, more power, higher res and widescreen make sure of that.

Nevertheless DSL is awesome for its purpose, playing DSL games on that super bright, very colorful screen will be so much fun. Almost sees too bright with too much contrast at times....but for games like Mario Kart that might just suit it.

ant1532

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Hori protectors are available in the US.

Since you cant turn the DS screen off....anyone know what happens when yuo do it in-game?

Mario 64 and Asphalt had : turn off backlight" options.
it will probably turn the light on and off of the current settingmade in the main menu.

well im gunna go sleep. I hope i wake up to a blue gmail icon on my desktop with lik-sang tellin mi its shipped.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Black_Mamba said:
The PSP is probably on the lowest light level. I can't see how the DS or any LCD can be brighter than the PSP, frankly.

So LCD backlighting technology just...stopped with the PSP? The PSP has a brilliant screen, but even the revised SP LCDs seem to have higher nits/brightness to me. This is not to say that's always a great thing as the revised SP has a tendency to make some older GBA titles look over-saturated, but I suppose you could also argue that that's more a contrast issue.

monkeyrun

tedtropy said:
So LCD backlighting technology just...stopped with the PSP? The PSP has a brilliant screen, but even the revised SP LCDs seem to have higher nits/brightness to me. This is not to say that's always a great thing as the revised SP has a tendency to make some older GBA titles look over-saturated, but I suppose you could also argue that that's more a contrast issue.
yes, didn't you get the memo ?? PSP is the gold standard for LCD displays ...... :lol

sasimirobot

Jonnyram said:
I should have taken my son with me to get cvxfreak's :(

No news on second shipments yet. I don't think it's going to be daily though.

Now we know CVX's "friends in high places" connection is...

tedtropy said:

yes, didn't you get the memo ?? PSP is the gold standard for LCD displays ......

Yes, the PSP screen is as good as it gets, really. Of course, you could put a flashlight behind an LCD panel and break all records of brightness, but excess of light doesn't translate into a better image.

The DS Lite looks really good, but I'm sure someone is so excited that he's just trying to promote the DS Lite over everything with these comparative images.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
360nosellout_screen001.jpg

"fuck, my plan of offering all these things for free in exchange for a DSlite didn't work"

Top Bottom