• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official EA/Tiburon Online Rant Thread: Screw you EA/Tiburon you dicks!

Shinobi

Eh...no need for you Madden sheep to worry. With VC working on a pro football game for next year (probably costing twenty bucks less then most of the next gen games), EA will be sure to bring their A game for Madden '08. They'll magically find a way to make it run at 60fps on the 360, give it all the features that it's lower tech cousins possess, and give it all new animation and features. Getting all pissy about something that most people saw coming two ****ing years ago really isn't gonna change anything.

bdoughty

Banned
DaddyZ said:
You know what pisses me off? I just remembered that Fifa is getting a brand new animation engine this year and it looks great! So tell me...Why is EA's top selling game not getting the royal treatment? A ****ing joke!

Fifa probably is EA's top selling game when you figure in worldwide numbers. Also Fifa 360 is getting the shaft yeat again with only top tier teams (157) while current gen version gets all 500+.

EA is consistently screwing the 360 owners across the board.

I mentioned this a few days ago.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
When Luke gets back from Barcelona and the jet lag has worn off, I will touch base with him about this. He has said since before the game came out that he does not expect EA to patch it. And I think it is impossible to overlook that without a competitor, EA does not have to do ANYTHING. The only thing I think that would be effective is to get someone to re-publish the quote about the patch being a high priority and seeing if EA, over a month later, still feels it is a high priority.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
storybook77 said:
According to EA, the fatigue patch is in MS QA hands.

The patch has been at MS for over a week now. Just like every patch that gets sent there, it gets sat on for awhile.

dskillzhtown said:
The patch has been at MS for over a week now. Just like every patch that gets sent there, it gets sat on for awhile.

I'm playing NBA 2k7 now anyways so if I pop in Madden and it prompts me for an update in the near future, I'll be fine with that. I'm not going to spend my whole day worrying about it like some people do at the operationsports and maddennation boards.

bdoughty

Banned
Hunter D said:
Question: Why doesn't VC release a college football game?

Because EA has the College License exclusive for Football. Damn EA to hell if they ever find a way to get ahold of the college exclusive for basketball. Of course they appear to be skipping out on releasing March Madness for the current gen so hopefully we are safe.

shpankey

not an idiot
EA has all the football areas to their own, ncaa and nfl, unfortunately. and to be frank, the lack of competition this gen has been pretty obvious. with nobody there to push EA, it's like they're mailing it in
until PS3 hits
. at least on the 360.

bdoughty

Banned
shpankey said:
EA has all the football areas covered, ncaa and nfl, unfortunately.

Plus

Nascar
Arena Football
PGA Tour (not the golfers but the tour)
FifaPro license and numerous Leagues
Street NBA Game (every other year)

Almost had the NHL but for once someone stepped up to the Players Association and said.. Not so fast.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would play a Visual Concepts generic football game today if it was available. Based on NHL and NBA 2K7, they have their shit together at VC.

DenogginizerOS said:
I would play a Visual Concepts generic football game today if it was available. Based on NHL and NBA 2K7, they have their shit together at VC.

Now if only they could save the MLB franchise.

bdoughty

Banned
storybook77 said:
Now if only they could save the MLB franchise.

That would be simple enough. Remove Kush from working on the game and put the fine folks at Blue Shift back on development. Unfortunately that is not going to happen.

I miss my Zone Batting Kush why did you remove it. :(

shpankey

not an idiot
DenogginizerOS said:
no doubt, NHL 2k7 is one of the greatest sports game's i've ever played. if they could've done an nfl game half as good as this, man.. i hate to even think of it, cause in the end i can't have it. :/

and Madden 07 is a good game (NCAA needs too much polish) but lacks so much and has so many bugs and glitches. so i'm not hating on it. just saying I would love to have a 2k football game also, especially since, like you said, they are really on a roll right now!

Shinobi said:
With VC working on a pro football game for next year (probably costing twenty bucks less then most of the next gen games), .

Do you have any confirmation about his often-rumored game?

Links?

Zep

Banned
Places like Maddennation are running their wishlists to EA/Tiburon now. Can we compile a list of things needing to be fixed (with detail) then i'll post/pass it along.

DaddyZ said:
Places like Maddennation are running their wishlists to EA/Tiburon now. Can we compile a list of things needing to be fixed (with detail) then i'll post/pass it along.

Can't we just pretty much copy and paste last year's wishlist as far as gameplay concerns go??? :D :lol :\

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
storybook77 said:
Can't we just pretty much copy and paste last year's wishlist as far as gameplay concerns go??? :D :lol :\

Last year? Hell, you could go back like 5 years for some of this sh!t. How about the fact that your receivers have NO CLUE where they are on the field. I've been disgusted year after year at the fact my RB will go out for a swing and instead of catching a pass in bounds, act like he's in the middle of the field and go full stride right to the sideline making no attempt whatsoever to stay in bounds. Same thing for an out pattern. Your WR will just run his merry way right out of bounds for an incomplete pass instead of having a freaking clue he needs to not take a full stride to stay in play.

squatingyeti said:
Last year? Hell, you could go back like 5 years for some of this sh!t. How about the fact that your receivers have NO CLUE where they are on the field. I've been disgusted year after year at the fact my RB will go out for a swing and instead of catching a pass in bounds, act like he's in the middle of the field and go full stride right to the sideline making no attempt whatsoever to stay in bounds. Same thing for an out pattern. Your WR will just run his merry way right out of bounds for an incomplete pass instead of having a freaking clue he needs to not take a full stride to stay in play.

I play using the Falcons so I always thought my receivers were just being realistic, oh well. :lol

Coop

So can VC make a football game with real players because the new Front Office Football has real players in it without any mention of NFLPA. Apparently it's some new rule with fantasy leagues?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Coop said:
So can VC make a football game with real players because the new Front Office Football has real players in it without any mention of NFLPA. Apparently it's some new rule with fantasy leagues?

Doesn't EA own Front Office Football now? That could explain the real players.

As ar as the list? Until some site like IGN or 1up takes EA to task in a major way, I doubt anything will change.

Coop

dskillzhtown said:
Doesn't EA own Front Office Football now? That could explain the real players.

As ar as the list? Until some site like IGN or 1up takes EA to task in a major way, I doubt anything will change.

No, EA only owns the rights to FOF 2001

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:

Yeah that's pretty much what it will boil down to, unfortunately my own ties with 1up are now gone, so it's too late for a GAF grass roots thing.

Top Bottom