• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official EA/Tiburon Online Rant Thread: Screw you EA/Tiburon you dicks!

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
Selling your 360 will only put you in shitty madden/nba2k7 leagues. Microsoft wins in that area.

"B-B-B-UT MADDEN 07 ON PS3 WILL HAVE NO LAG!"

It will. Simular to the 360. You can quote that, and take that shit to the bank. I guarantee it will have the same connection issues.
Quoting/saving for future reference.

shpankey

not an idiot
Amused_To_Death said:
Jeff Brown, VP of Corporate Communication at EA said in response to why EA releases games with bugs (October OPM):

"Frequently software has bugs and some are worse than others. When you make sports games, your window is your sports season. You've got to be there at the start of the season. It makes no sense to release Madden in January."

This is a representation of their attitude; this is from the guys at the top, what do you honestly expect?
that's f'd up right there. wtf? and why not release in sept. or oct. or nov.? why does he use jan. in the example? he does know there are a lot of months between aug. and jan. right?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Amused_To_Death said:
Jeff Brown, VP of Corporate Communication at EA said in response to why EA releases games with bugs (October OPM):

"Frequently software has bugs and some are worse than others. When you make sports games, your window is your sports season. You've got to be there at the start of the season. It makes no sense to release Madden in January."

This is a representation of their attitude; this is from the guys at the top, what do you honestly expect?
I read that in OPM and shook my head. It's one thing to have that attitude - something else entirely to spit in the face of the fanbase by saying it out loud, in print. Unbelievable.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I have been very disappointed with lag in NCAA. I didn't buy Madden for the first time since 1997. It's depressing isnt it? The only good things they still do are Fight Night and MVP.

Just buy NBA and NHL 2k7 and enjoy online leagues and try to forget about Madden.

snatches

as painful as it might be to live without an NFL game, send the message with your wallet. EA doesn't usually release a solid sports title in a console cycle until the third or fourth year. I thought we all knew this. If you need to have it every year you are your own worst enemy, and part of the problem. Sorry, the truth hurts FMT.

Andokuky

Banned
snatches said:
as painful as it might be to live without an NFL game, send the message with your wallet. EA doesn't usually release a solid sports title in a console cycle until the third or fourth year. I thought we all knew this. If you need to have it every year you are your own worst enemy, and part of the problem. Sorry, the truth hurts FMT.

Madden 2002 FTW

ps for the most part EA games run perfectly fine on PS2. The problem is with the Xbox/360 games because of the Live servers. However with all the crap Sony is talking about their Live-like PS3 online offering, online might be just as shitty on PS3.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FMT

EA is abusing the brand loyalty of its fans with Madden and the lack of competition gives them no reason to change. They have already made a nice profit off of Madden this year, and nothing we do at this point will change that. There are many more annoyances with this game beyond the ones you mentioned. I could not play this game anymore a week or two ago and that is precisely why I decided not to participate in the GAF league. EA has managed to suck the fun out of video game football and the fact that more journalists haven't taken them to task for their obvious lack of Quality Control and their inability to get the fatigue patch out almost a full month after it was reported is just plain pathetic.

SonnyBoy

I wonder if they know how much we hate them...I wish I could show them some how.

DenogginizerOS said:
FMT

EA is abusing the brand loyalty of its fans with Madden and the lack of competition gives them no reason to change. They have already made a nice profit off of Madden this year, and nothing we do at this point will change that. There are many more annoyances with this game beyond the ones you mentioned. I could not play this game anymore a week or two ago and that is precisely why I decided not to participate in the GAF league. EA has managed to suck the fun out of video game football and the fact that more journalists haven't taken them to task for their obvious lack of Quality Control and their inability to get the fatigue patch out almost a full month after it was reported is just plain pathetic.

It baffles me how people get upset when we expect more from the "best" football game. We dont even expect more, we expect the basics and we can't even get that. I swear EA could ship the game with a bug that doesnt allow us to see the ball and it'd get rave reveiws. All the maddenites would scream that you dont really need to see the ball, its just visual candy.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I think it might be time for EA to move from Tiburon for MAdden, or atleast infuse new people at Tiburon.

The ESPN integration in Live looks amazing, yet Tiburon could only think up of a ticker for Madden and NCAA? We still are awaiting these amazing online leagues that were supposed to be here 2 years ago. I am not a fan of the cutscenes of the players coming to the line or the muted crowd noise. I am not going to call out EA for getting the NFL license, it was up for grabs and EA won. The same thing happened with the "official bee", "offical cup", "official candy bar", etc. But to me, Tiburon has lost touch as to what the fans feel is important. All the stuff FMT posted in the original post should be in the game. Most of the stuff is not that hard to do. Tiburon cannot tell me that having a CPU-CPU game is hard to do.

One thing that REALLY pissed me off this week was me finally doing the roster update. First of all, I had to actually start playing game online to get the update. It wasn't automatic or even an option just to get the damned thing without playing. We played about 5 plays and of course I got disconnected and got a loss. But regardless of that, I wanted to play with th Texans against the Eagles in a exhibition 'Play Now' game. Guess what? The Texans 4-3 is now a 3-4!!!! The Texans have a 4-3 in real life!!! So I am looking for somewhere to change it and, ther was nowhere to change the defense. The roster update actually screwed up the Texans defense. It was correct in the original roster. Hell, I can't even get the Red alternate Texans jersey without going to Marketplace. Just amazing that Tiburon has lost it's way so fast and that EA is not calling them on it or doesn't seem to care.

To echo FMT, Madden still is a solid game, but all the omissions are really pissing me off.

DenogginizerOS

SonnyBoy said:
I wonder if they know how much we hate them...I wish I could show them some how.

I know that NHL 2K7 and NBA 2K7 have certainly taken the sting out of EA's BS. Playing NHL 2K7 this weekend I was just absolutely overjoyed to see all of the customization options, the pure quality of connection online, and the fact I am a part of two leagues right now WITHOUT having to use League Daddy is just great. I would absolutely buy a Visual Concepts football game right now even without the NFL license just because I know it will be superior to anything Madden is doing right now.

shpankey

not an idiot
yup, the league setup and options in NHL 2k7 is f'n awesome. can't wait till we get underway. i'm practicing up for you guys though. not that it will help, i just know you gaf nhl guys are probably awesome as hell.

Cheeto

I don't have the nessacery privledges to post a new thread so maybe someone can in this thread. But here is the latest testament for EA's awesomeness.

EA presents: The Island

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 18, 2006 – To commemorate the launch of the next generation of console and PC hardware, Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) is pleased to announce the launch of a new lineup of interactive titles for all next generation gaming platforms.

The Island™ is a massively open world encompassing 600 square miles of fictional island landscape. The island has different regions with various topologies and weather conditions, ranging from sunny beaches to snowy mountain passes. Published under the EA GAMES™ brand, The Island™ is a lineup of games that can be played in conjunction with each other, fully contained within this single massively open world. EA™ will be launching three of these games on November 14, 2006 with future titles to be announced in 2007.

In Need for Speed: The Island™ you will take to the streets of The Island™ in a variety of licensed vehicles from classic muscle cars to futuristic concept cars. In addition to racing against the clock, 15 computer-controlled opponents, or up to seven human opponents in network play, you can also free roam on over 1000 miles of open road, complete with AI traffic and human traffic in online mode.

In The Sims: The Island™ you can choose to raise your family of Sims in the majestic mountains, on the casual coast, or in a bustling city on The Island™. The Sims™ will feature an offline story mode, offline free play mode, and online free play mode. In addition, The Sims™ story mode can be played co-operatively in split screen or online.

In Theme Park: The Island™ you get to create and operate your very own theme park on The Island™. Design and build rides and attractions, hire employees and concession vendors, set prices and plan special events. In offline mode you can hire your own Sims™ and they can visit your theme park. In online mode you can allow your friends to do the same.

Need for Speed: The Island™ and The Sims: The Island™ will be available on the XBox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, and PC platforms, and Theme Park: The Island™ will be available on the PC this November.

About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world’s leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, Electronic Arts posted revenues of $2.5 billion for fiscal 2005. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under three brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA GAMES™, and EA SPORTS BIG™. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA’s products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

Electronic Arts, Need for Speed, The Sims, Theme Park, EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS BIG and EA GAMES are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. The Island is a trademark or registered trademark of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries for computer and video game products. EA.COM is a service mark of EA.com Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Expect the press release to show up on EA's official site soon.

Zep

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
I don't have the nessacery privledges to post a new thread so maybe someone can in this thread. But here is the latest testament for EA's awesomeness.

Expect the press release to show up on EA's official site soon.

Nobody gives a shit.

bengraven

A friend of mine is playing Madden 360 right now and can't find last Tuesday's roster update. Did it get taken down?

PhatSaqs

Banned
It's just a disgrace for Madden to still lag behind a 2 year old game when it comes to overall gameplay and features.

I dont think i'll ever buy Madden again after 07.

Cheeto

bengraven said:
A friend of mine is playing Madden 360 right now and can't find last Tuesday's roster update. Did it get taken down?
I always have to create an online seesion to get the updates.

dskillzhtown

bengraven said:

You have to go start a online game with someone, then it will download the update automatically. I could find no other way to do it. But be warned that the roster update has many errors in it, including changing playbooks for the worse.

dskillzhtown

Andokuky said:
Motor City Online FTW

No shit, if anything Test Drive ripped Motor City Online.

I am not saying EA completely sucks because they make some good products. Just Tiburon on next-gen has totally lost focus and lost touch with the fans who buy the game. I am enjoying the gameplay, but just about everything else is incomplete or just has been omitted.

Cheeto

dskillzhtown said:
No shit, if anything Test Drive ripped Motor City Online.

I am not saying EA completely sucks because they make some good products. Just Tiburon on next-gen has totally lost focus and lost touch with the fans who buy the game. I am enjoying the gameplay, but just about everything else is incomplete or just has been omitted.
Dude, if they give you everything in 07' what reason do you have to buy their money-maker in '08? :D

ps for the most part EA games run perfectly fine on PS2. The problem is with the Xbox/360 games because of the Live servers. However with all the crap Sony is talking about their Live-like PS3 online offering, online might be just as shitty on PS3.

the thing is madden 06 on xbox didn't have lag. it ran perfectly fine and it was going thru XBL. that's why i don't think this is an XBL issue. i don't know WHAT the issue is but its frustrating

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'll be sure to let them know when I visit Tiburon in two weeks for Superman.

saw a pretty big thread on madden nation about the lag issue between east/west on the 360 version. seems like people know about it and are extremely unhappy. how is EA responding to this? i guess they're not

i emailed customer support this evening detailing the problems with the online system. i'm sure i'll get some bullshit answer in return either suggesting some bogus fix or stating they are "looking into it". this shit pisses me off more and more when i think about it

welp i emailed EA direct. can anyone make sense out of this response? if so let me know. First, my question:

Hello. I have been playing Madden 2007 360 for about a month. Since day 1 I have had serious problems with the online performance. I live in Los Angeles, California. If I am playing someone in California or nearby states, there is NO LAG at all online. However, if I am playing someone in New York, the game is so laggy it is unplayable. Even if I am playing someone in Texas, for instance, the game lags 4 or 5 clips slower than the normal game. What is going on here? I have tested it against friends across the country and keep coming up with the same issue.

I also have the game on Xbox, and there is minimal lag when playing the SAME people across the country. I honestly don't understand what the issue is here. Is it poor netcode on the 360 version? I have tried with a router, without a router, both my opponent and myself. Nothing fixes the lag when playing someone across the country. What is the point of having online features when you can only play people within a state or two of yourself? If you have any suggestions I haven't yet tried (again, I have the latest firmware for my router, I have tried playing with my modem directly plugged into my 360) I would appreciate them. Thank you

and the awesome response

Hi,

Thanks for writing us at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused you.

Please check to make sure that the ports specific to Xbox Live are opened up on your Internet Service Provider's end. These are the ports that need to be open in both incoming and outgoing directions:

UDP Ports: 88 & 3074
TCP Port: 3074

Then try connecting again.

Should you require further assistance with this game or other Electronic Arts games in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase at (http://support.ea.com/).

Thank you,

Leo V
EA Technical Support

is there something i'm missing here? aren't UDP/TCP ports on my router? could this feasibly be a problem? if that is a possible legitimate fix then fine. however, it seems like this dude didn't even read my question. WHY is there no lag on current gen versions? I'm using the same setup!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Basically the guy said fu*k off Fmt.

pilonv1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is there something i'm missing here? aren't UDP/TCP ports on my router? could this feasibly be a problem? if that is a possible legitimate fix then fine. however, it seems like this dude didn't even read my question. WHY is there no lag on current gen versions? I'm using the same setup!

That should only cause connection issues (I had that in NBA 2k6 with a few people). It shouldn't be causing lag.

Brofist

shpankey said:
i have a feeling the ps3 version is going to address a lot of these issues, since it's coming out so much later.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one since they can't even seem to address half that shit over a years time from version to version.

Brofist

FrenchMovieTheme said:
welp i emailed EA direct. can anyone make sense out of this response? if so let me know. First, my question:

and the awesome response

no offense but they could give a **** about your email. you can tell by the nice automated response. and despite what someone at E3 might have told you a couple years back that guy probably forgot what you looked like by the next day.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DaddyZ said:
This might be one of the main reasons I trade in my 360 for a PS3. I have a weird feeling these lag issues will be gone when Madden hits the PS3 this November. 90% of the games I play are sports and if PS3 can give me lagfree madden...They win.

Dude, we are boys and all but what you are saying is that you will reward EA with another purchase after they have screwed your sister and your dog and at the same time punish Microsoft??? That's not cool. I'm not a console fanboy, but the last thing I will do is buy a copy of Madden 07 on the PS3 if it turns out to be a better game. Screw EA for selling this half-ass game to me this year already. I'll of course line up with all the rest of the Madden sheep next year (won't we all?). But I'm not rewarding them with another sale in November.

Think about that.

mattiewheels said:
sheep.jpg

MA-A-A-A-A-A-DEN

(Sorry)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm sorry i am seeing this topic so late, as we could have put something together.

As it stands, if you guys are really adamant about this whole thing we could definitely try and put something together and launch something EA's way. Problem is it can't just be us, it has to be us with MaddenNation, Madden Mania, Operation Sports... Needs to be a concerted effort for all our voices to be heard.

What bothers me is that I brought all of these issues up a month ago when we all had just gotten the game and a lot of you said that I just had to get used to the game, I wouldn't miss the stuff, that the game was terrific anyway. Look, I've made it a point to break the game as much as I could, and I keep finding new things almost every day. FMT mentioned no defensive matchup, but he did not bring up the ramifications. Go into a stron slot package on any 3 wide set and you're best receiver is matched up against a very crappy DB, meaning instant yardage. In the league someone wanted to use Gates as his fourth WR. How is that fair? A bottom feeding CB covering Gates? Give me a break.

The omission of some of these features have made the game unplayable in some respects. Luckily, I don't think anyone in our league has caught on to some of the exploits that are possible, or they'd be dominating from the word go.

Anyway, I have emails for a few of the PR reps over at EA, if we're really serious about this, let's get the ball rolling early in the development cycle so that we could possibly see improvement next year.

Who's down?

Zep

Banned
I hear that...Im pretty sure FMT has a thread talking about what Madden 08' needs (excluding the well known lag issues).

DenogginizerOS

Wellington said:
I'm sorry i am seeing this topic so late, as we could have put something together.

As it stands, if you guys are really adamant about this whole thing we could definitely try and put something together and launch something EA's way. Problem is it can't just be us, it has to be us with MaddenNation, Madden Mania, Operation Sports... Needs to be a concerted effort for all our voices to be heard.

What bothers me is that I brought all of these issues up a month ago when we all had just gotten the game and a lot of you said that I just had to get used to the game, I wouldn't miss the stuff, that the game was terrific anyway. Look, I've made it a point to break the game as much as I could, and I keep finding new things almost every day. FMT mentioned no defensive matchup, but he did not bring up the ramifications. Go into a stron slot package on any 3 wide set and you're best receiver is matched up against a very crappy DB, meaning instant yardage. In the league someone wanted to use Gates as his fourth WR. How is that fair? A bottom feeding CB covering Gates? Give me a break.

The omission of some of these features have made the game unplayable in some respects. Luckily, I don't think anyone in our league has caught on to some of the exploits that are possible, or they'd be dominating from the word go.

Anyway, I have emails for a few of the PR reps over at EA, if we're really serious about this, let's get the ball rolling early in the development cycle so that we could possibly see improvement next year.

Who's down?

You can count me in.

And LOL at those who think the PS3 network will be better. Email Luke Smith and ask him about the current status of Sony online. The response from Sony is, "Check out our games in 1080p!".

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:

Who's down?

I am in and will give you some e-mail addys of people actually working on the game to be included. But, I think we can count those Madden sites out of it. MaddenNation especially, they seem to not really take EA to task at all because of their close relationship. Actually, I think that is their biggest problem, Tiburon is listening to alot of 'Yes' men and hiring them. There are some serious issues and ommisions in this game and while they keep adding polish, they aren't addressing the issues.

Mrbob

Where the heck is our patch? Glad to see that is coming out within the proper time....

I say let us get the ball rolling for 08 so it isn't a complete disaster. Talking to DM on AIM about Tiburon, between Madden and Superman Returns, I don't know what the hell has happened to them. Perhaps they have too much on their plate at once, or they completely suck at next gen. Who knows. I agree with Dskillz though if Tiburon does not make 08 the greatest madden game of all time, they should be stripped of making the games and let someone else handle it.

Truelize said:
Dude, we are boys and all but what you are saying is that you will reward EA with another purchase after they have screwed your sister and your dog and at the same time punish Microsoft??? That's not cool. I'm not a console fanboy, but the last thing I will do is buy a copy of Madden 07 on the PS3 if it turns out to be a better game. Screw EA for selling this half-ass game to me this year already. I'll of course line up with all the rest of the Madden sheep next year (won't we all?). But I'm not rewarding them with another sale in November.

Think about that.

At first I thought about going PS3 route if its better too, but if this is actually true it makes me really frustrated. EA pretty much took a big piss on all the 360 Madden fans who paid $120 for two maddens over the last year if the PS3 version is REAL ULTAMITE POWAH.

Count me in too. This game gets worse the more your play it because the omissions become more glaring. I actually think Madden 06 was actually better in some areas. Interface lag is completely ridiculous.

I don't know what is going on at EA. NBA Live 07 is worse than NBA Live 06. Much worse in certain areas (framerate, collision detection, menu screens...). NHL 07 is good, but has its share of problem, some of them major (defense anyone?) I'm frightened to see what they do with Tiger Woods 07.

As far as complaining to EA goes, we need to make a delibarate list and not come off as ranting lunatics. Perhaps we can even get someone at 1up to take up our plea. I can certainly devote a podcast at aggravatedgamers to those of you guys who want to chime in (and have a PC microphone).

I am sick of this and may actually get an old copy of Madden 06 to play instead of 07. They certainly won't fool me again next year.

As for how tis game will play on PS3... Sorry, but I think in certain areas it'll be worse than the X360 version. You can quote me on that if you want. Either way, nobody will want to play either version if they remain the way they are.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
antoniogaud said:
As far as complaining to EA goes, we need to make a delibarate list and not come off as ranting lunatics. Perhaps we can even get someone at 1up to take up our plea. I can certainly devote a podcast at aggravatedgamers to those of you guys who want to chime in (and have a PC microphone).

That's my point, we need to be surgical about this and not just come off as a bunch of ranting fanboys. I've got some ties to 1up, and I know that some of the guys that do the podcasts and write for the site are regulars here, so if the movement grew strong enough I'm sure we could get backing somewhere.

The question is, how do we attack this issue with EA? So what, I have contacts, Dskillz has contacts, and Denogginizer has contacts at 1up, but what do we do with them?

My idea is as follows:

Create a strictly policed topic on GAF for this year's crop of EA sports titles. Madden is already garbage, Live is garbage, from what I remember NHL was alright, FIFA has some issues (though I think it plays pretty well). Let's put all of this together, get all of our problems and issues into one place and launch them at everyone in EA we have an email address to. Guage their responses and write up a piece exposing what I assume will be emails back from these people essentially saying tough shit.

Look, the bottom line is I am not looking to insult or embarrass anyone. I am a sports gamer primarily, and the NFL being my favorite league somewhat dooms me to Madden titles. I don't want to sit idly by and roast when we could have had much better.

Cheeto

Wellington said:
My idea is as follows:

Create a strictly policed topic on GAF for this year's crop of EA sports titles. Madden is already garbage, Live is garbage, from what I remember NHL was alright, FIFA has some issues (though I think it plays pretty well). Let's put all of this together, get all of our problems and issues into one place and launch them at everyone in EA we have an email address to. Guage their responses and write up a piece exposing what I assume will be emails back from these people essentially saying tough shit.

Look, the bottom line is I am not looking to insult or embarrass anyone. I am a sports gamer primarily, and the NFL being my favorite league somewhat dooms me to Madden titles. I don't want to sit idly by and roast when we could have had much better.

Create it, and they will come...

I've got some ideas.

bdoughty

Banned
Wellington said:
That's my point, we need to be surgical about this and not just come off as a bunch of ranting fanboys. I've got some ties to 1up, and I know that some of the guys that do the podcasts and write for the site are regulars here, so if the movement grew strong enough I'm sure we could get backing somewhere.

The question is, how do we attack this issue with EA? So what, I have contacts, Dskillz has contacts, and Denogginizer has contacts at 1up, but what do we do with them?

My idea is as follows:

Create Thread
Take all the comments (the intelligent ones) and create a front page story on how EA has pretty much fubared the 360 owners and what steps the CONSUMERS think they should take to fix this.
Send written and e-mail copies to EA, Tiburon along with the URL of the article.

That is really all you can do and you probably won't get much in return. I am sure the budgets and goals for the 08 games have already been set.

At least you can say you tried.

Now can someone get rid of my stupid tag. It only proves that I have been right about EA and the treatment of the 360 all along. :)

Zep

Banned
You know what pisses me off? I just remembered that Fifa is getting a brand new animation engine this year and it looks great! So tell me...Why is EA's top selling game not getting the royal treatment? A ****ing joke!

Top Bottom