• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.
ErasureAcer said:
has anyone ever been exit polled? I've voted at college in past years and now have voted here at my home and well...I've never even seen an exit poller. Kinda makes me wonder how accurate it is if they are only polling certain precints.
Well, they try to pick a set of precincts that has made for an accurate sample in the past, so they probably don't switch things up much unless some polling goes horribly wrong.

olimario said:
I don't want 4 years of Kerry :(
Me neither. But I want 4 years of Bush even less.

FnordChan said:
I hate to break it to you, but Nintendo is going to go third party and start making games for the Kerry Administration. Sorry.
I was thinking the other day... Nintendo going third party wouldn't be a bad thing if I chose to interpret that as them fielding candidates for office.

Nash said:
If Kerry wins, Bush has a few weeks in the Whitehouse before he hands over the presidency doesn't he?
Until late January.

Drudge said:
But early 2000 exit polls showed Gore +3 in Florida
Of course, some might say that wouldn't be inaccurate except for ballot snafus.

Azwethinkweiz said:
God I wish I lived in North Carolina and not South Carolina. At least I'd feel like I was making a difference. Oh well, at least I voted for the abolishment of mini bottles in South Carolina.
Thank you, The Daily Show, for making it so I understand what he's talking about here. So informative. :)

xsarien said:
You should be happy that the only cord coming out of it was for electricity, God knows the shit that could be pulled if they were networked.
Yeah, I've heard they aren't exactly a bank vault when available from the outside world.

CrimsonSkies said:
Ohio and Florida will go Bush if the sample % was as skewed to women as I read elsewhere.
Don't forget the early voting, either.

Duck of Death said:
Speaking of CNN, I just turned them on and Wolf Blitzer was just demonstrating their ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS monitor setup. So many screens of election. . .
It is a funny thing. I was thinking maybe it would work better in high definition, so you could actually check out the things in the distance.

Ignatz Mouse said:
One thing I hope for-- a landslide, or at least a clear margin. The last 3 presidentail elections were all close enough for people to grouse FOR AGES abotu mandate. It'd be nice to see a president who actually has one.
I don't think 1992 or 1996 were all that close. But a significant third party vote-getter did mean the share by the eventual winner would be less. Still, Clinton got nearly 50% in 1996.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
took me about an hour and a half in nyc. Huge crowds, little school kids were selling bagels and handing water for voters. Pretty cool!

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Code:
Presidential Candidate 				Electoral Vote 	Popular Vote 	Pct 	Party 					Running Mate 				(Electoral Votes)
William Jefferson Clinton of Arkansas (W) 	379 		47,402,357 	49.24 	Democratic, Liberal 			Albert Arnold Gore, Jr. of Tennessee 	(379)
Robert Joseph Dole of Kansas 			159 		39,198,755 	40.71 	Republican, Conservative, Freedom 	Jack French Kemp of New York 		(159)

Clinton had a clear victory in 1996.

impirius

JoshuaJSlone said:
Thank you, The Daily Show, for making it so I understand what he's talking about here. So informative. :)
"But if you turn the graph THIS way..." :lol

Here's something that bugs me. There were people at the entrance of my polling place, shaking hands with people as they entered and saying "Hi, thanks for voting for my friend, _______." I'm looking in SC state law and see nothing so far prohibiting this, but it doesn't seem right to me.

There's no way Bob Dole seriously was ever going to win.

The guy is like a villain from a Bond movie, complete with the trademark wooden hand.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It took me 20 minutes to vote. I went really early so it was me and a bunch of old people. Add one to Kerry's tally in Mississippi, the state he will probably lose by the widest margin.

On CNN Tucker Carlson said he overhead some bigwig Dems seriously talking about who would be Kerry's chief of staff earlier today, meaning they were confident.

xsarien

daedsiluap
soundwave05 said:
There's no way Bob Dole seriously was ever going to win.

The guy is like a villain from a Bond movie, complete with the trademark wooden hand.

And what exactly did he run on? Everything was pretty damned nice back in '96.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
+1 Badnarik in Virginia

Took me 15 minutes around 6pm, but my place was ghetto :(

Actually, Missiisisissppiippi is gonna be a lot closer than people expect. And Mary Beth-Cahill is going to be Kerry's Chief of Staff.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
lol, I wasn't really aware of the Bunning situation until I saw a piece on his activities over the last few years. He's about the dumbest human running.

Phoenix

Way to early to draw in conclusions about anyone winning losing office :) At least wait until 50% of the preicincts have reported in...

Phoenix

KE04 said:
Actually, Missiisisissppiippi is gonna be a lot closer than people expect. And Mary Beth-Cahill is going to be Kerry's Chief of Staff.

There are going to be a lot of states that are going to be closer than people expect, both democratic and republican. Tonight is going to be interesting.

impirius

ErasureAcer said:
Hahahaha, Scarborough just started panning Bunning. I've only read a few things on that guy, but he seems like a one-man circus.

I can't wait to hear the early numbers for the SC Senate race. I voted for DeMint just because he's one of the few Congressmen who wants to take a hard look at our ridiculously complex tax code, but the campaigns and question-dodging by both him and Tenenbaum make me dislike both of them.

Gotta hold Florida or Ohio and Kerry wins...if my math right. Kerry can still lose Iowa and New Mexico and win...if he picks up NH.

This is going to be close.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
No problems voting for me, in and out in about 20 minutes. Had to do a provisional ballet because though I put in my address change when I moved earlier this year they didn't have it in the system. So I had to do a registration address change, which also doubles as an envelope, fill out a paper ballot, then stick the ballot in the envelope, seal it, and stick the whole thing in this large orange fabric envelope that has a big ass zipper on it and only has an opening wide enough inside the zipper to barely stick the envelope in. They say you can check 10 days after the election to see if your ballot was accepted...hope mine was.

+1 Kerry
+1 Mikulski

1 more hour til the polls close here in Illinois.

Wouldn't it be crazy and weird if a state like Illinois went to Bush? The election would be over. Think about that Mr. Kerry next time you roll up here once a year!!1one!!1!!!one.

impirius

Oh man, they announced SC as "too early to call" for the Presidential race... I thought it was "too close to call" at first and was shocked.

Mongiardo moving back up closer to 55%-36,000 vote lead.

13.5% of the vote. 25% precints. I believe that would leave the bigger precints with more of the vote. Which tend to be liberal districts.

at 6:04pm CDT I call Mongiardo for Kentucky.

Oh man after my last post, the local news reported that several Chicago polling centers were running out of ballots due to such a high turnout (estimated to be highest Chicago turnout in 20 years). They are asking people to remain in line as the city rushes more ballots in. Even if the polls close, every person in line gets the right to cast a vote and have it counted.

Illinois is the new Florida!!! Or, not. =P

impirius

KE04 said:
Virginia and SC too close to call for the President. LOL...
Too early for SC, not too close... I figure Bush will win by 10 percentage points here.

Kentucky votes for the marriage amendment, apparently.

Kettch

Kentucky is actually getting fairly close. 53-46 Bush with 19% precincts reporting. Though they've apparently already called it for Bush.

Apparently Penn. Electoral votes cannot be called tonight and will be determined by a Federal Judge or some such....watching it now on CNN.

More US voting insanity.

Willco

Hollywood Square
krypt0nian said:
Apparently Penn. Electoral votes cannot be called tonight and will be determined by a Federal Judge or some such....watching it now on CNN.

More US voting insanity.

You should watch the news. It's absentee ballots, not the whole state.

MIMIC said:
It's official now:

Bush: 34
Kerry: 3

Kerry is getting his ass kicked!

Willco said:
You should watch the news. It's absentee ballots, not the whole state.

Thats why I said or some such....it whizzed past me.

I guess its fine for the Ab ballots to be ditched then. =|

RiZ III

Bush won Kentucky, Indiana, and Georgia. Theres no suprise there. Bush was going to win those easily. Kerry is fine.

Gruco

Banned
In Georgia

Kerry +1
Majette +1
Gay marriage ban -1

Not like any will probably make a difference. How long will it take for Atlanta to be big enough to outweigh the rest of the state?

Got in line at seven this morning, made it out by 8. Not terrible.

Seth C

StoOgE said:
I cant wait till Bush drafts your candy ass.

If we need a draft, let him draft me. I'd be at least 27 by the time they could get it going, so I doubt I'll be one of the first chosen.

Socreges

Banned
CNN, regarding one particular race for Senate...

Guy: "It should be noted, though, that there are just a couple hundred votes. Very, very early."

Girl: "It's quite amazing that he's been able to keep the race as close as he has."

OHMIGOD SO STUPID

ManaByte

CNN-Election-Winner.jpg

Jim Bowie

CNN calls Bush as winning Indiana.

MY VOTE! USELESS!

Oh well.. I suppose it was expected. Indiana hasn't voted Democratic in, what, forever?

Bayh (D) is expected to keep his seat in Indiana though.

Oh and Bunning is still down by 10 points with 33% precincts reporting. Looking good.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The BBC virtual studio is great.

Peter Snow walking around on an animated map of the US on the lawn infront of the Whitehouse. A CG helicopter flew in earlier as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom