• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
t1_monkey_ap.jpg

ShadowRed

Banned
This is fucking depressing. I was expecting Kerry to be running a lot closer than he is. looks like Bush is going to pull this one out of his as again.

This is fucking depressing. I was expecting Kerry to be running a lot closer than he is. looks like Bush is going to pull this one out of his as again.
Dude, those are all Bush states. Step back off the ledge, it's early.

*Noel Coward Parody

xsarien

daedsiluap
ShadowRed said:

A lot of the blue states don't report for another hour and a half, at the least.

ShadowRed said:

How the hell do you draw that conclusion? You honestly expected Kerry to win those states? Let him lose:

New York
Illinois
California
Ohio
Florida

before we start singing that tune. Cheer up!

MSNBC is too slow right now, CNN is where it's at for up-to-date mumbojumbo.

Mongiardo's lead is starting to shrink! 53-47 with 45% precincts reporting.

*this feel like a sports thread with the constant updating, hah*

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
AniHawk said:
I hope none of this early results stuff discourages some voters from going out and voting.
It could in Alaska, thats really it though.

And Bush tops 1 million votes first accordiing to CNN.

impirius

ErasureAcer said:
With Mongiardo's victory:

Senate

GOP: 50
DEM: 49
INDY: 1

Woohoo.
Well, Georgia and apparently SC will be gaining Republican seats, so the Reps still have a net gain of one so far if the projections hold up.

Matt

impirius said:
Well, Georgia and apparently SC will be gaining Republican seats, so the Reps still have a net gain of one so far if the projections hold up.
Yea, but Ohio is going Dem, so still 49-1-50 as of now.

MIMIC

Banned
Next up (8:00 PM EST):

Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, part of Michigan

CNN's John King "has told his producer that he will NOT be covering the Bush victory rally at the Reagan Center down the street from the White House... because he doesn't think there's going to be one." Now, we are all about journalistic responsibility: shame on John King for letting some exit polling data get in the way of reporting on a highly-choreographed media event. If you are going to let exit polls stop you from doing something, make it something that doesn't matter so much. Like voting.

Naturally, we don't want to jump any guns here. Oh sure we do, we'll jump just about anything by this point. More squawking:

A certain high ranking former republican senator called Karl Rove around 5:15 this evening. Bush's brain sounded "dejected" and gave less than a 30% chance for a Bush win.

From Wonkette..

Diablos

When the heck are they gonna project Ohio? Ahhh! Its driving me crazy.
He HAS to win PA. He must.

Who do you think is doing the best coverage? I'd rank it like this:

1. CNN
2. MSNBC
3. ABC News
4. Fox

Kerry must win PA, he absolutely must. If he doesn't, its over for him. Ohio may go to Bush.

ManaByte

Diablos said:
Who do you think is doing the best coverage? I'd rank it like this:

1. CNN
2. MSNBC
3. ABC News
4. Fox

I'm watching NBC tonight. I like Brokaw and this is the last election he's covering.

Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, part of Michigan

I did my part for a stronger America! Kerry's up 1-0 in Jersey according to my sources. :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
N Coward Parody said:
Yikes, CNN has Bush up on Kerry in Ohio... 51 - 48...

*Noel Coward Parody
I wouldn't be worried yet. Robert Novak of all people is saying that he spoke to Republican leaders in Ohio and they are pretty pessimistic and that it may be very difficult for Bush to carry the state.

Also, let's not forgot that though polls are "closed," there are still people standing in line waiting to vote in Ohio. The same goes for Florida and surely some other states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom