• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

I look at these pictures of the Republicans celebrating and it sickens me to think that many of them wouldn't think anything would be wrong about confining all homosexuals to concentration camps.

Seth C

XS+ said:
The same Bizarro Land where Bush wins a 2nd term..

And let me just say damn, I can't believe I forgot about that. I don't know how, but I remember it now. Maybe I just coudln't recall it because it ended up not making a difference, as he stayed in office. Oh well, I was a Clinton fan anyway.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
254/252
SW-lukexwing.jpg

come on force dont fail me now

Seth C

teiresias said:
I look at these pictures of the Republicans celebrating and it sickens me to think that many of them wouldn't think anything would be wrong about confining all homosexuals to concentration camps.

Oh come on now. I'll tell you right now that I voted for the ban and I don't want you confined. :) I work with gay guys, I have gay friends, but when asked to vote, I vote based on my opinions, just as you do with yours.

If I had my choice, "marriage" wouldn't be something the government had any dealing in at all.

Seth C said:
Oh come on now. I'll tell you right now that I voted for the ban and I don't want you confined. :) I work with gay guys, I have gay friends, but when asked to vote, I vote based on my opinions, just as you do with yours.

An opinion that has nothing to do with you personally, just denying the same rights you have to others. Good job, citizen!

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
XS+ said:
LOL pretty funny to hear Europeans speak in a retarded American accent.

And no matter how often we do it, and how bad the accent, it will never be sufficient repayment for Dick Van Dyke.

Seth C

brooklyngooner said:
An opinion that has nothing to do with you personally, just denying the same rights you have to others. Good job, citizen!

Majority rule, right? Let them go out and convert. :D

Iceman

okay (good morning btw) I think it'd be interesting if all the posts in this thread were color coded by party affiliation: red for republicans, blue for democrats and gray for everyone else.

And it looks like a big Obama party throughout the cable channels.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Seth C said:

If I had my choice, "marriage" wouldn't be something the government had any dealing in at all.

not trying to attack your opinion, but if you truly felt that gov't should stay out of marriage issues then voting for a ban involving it doesn't make sense to me.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Iceman said:
okay (good morning btw) I think it'd be interesting if all the posts in this thread were color coded by party affiliation: red for republicans, blue for democrats and gray for everyone else.

What about someone like me? In Maryland we're forced to affiliate with a party to vote in primaries. I'm a registered Republican but I voted for Kerry.

Iceman

pink, maybe? I dunno, tough one. Oh, I know, you'd get like a pie chart kind of coloration, where you're mostly red but there's a little pie slice that's blue.

Diablos

I still cannot believe that, despite all of the mistakes Bush has made, his popular vote exceeded Kerry's by at least 3 MILLION. That's the highest in history from what I have heard. Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

Funky Papa: Bush will win, and in 2008 three people will possibly run - John McCain, Rudy Guliani, and Jeb Bush. All three of these guys are extremely popular and would more than likely win over any democratic candidate. I'm also willing to bet America likes them so much that they'd be re-elected and stay in office until 2016. Basically, no democratic president in the US until at least 2016.

Celicar

Banned
No, it's not disgusting. It's what the American people wanted. We stood up and we acted. Bush has won, thanks to us. I am very happy, although a bit hung over.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Funky Papa said:
Question from an european citizen.

If Bush wins like it looks like, how do you foresee the next presidential elections?

If Bush leaves office with a high approval rating, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Republican party "ride" the Bush wave and try to put in Jeb Bush.

For the Democrats, they're going to try to put in Hilary Clinton, John Edwards or some other adorable political figure.

Diablos said:
I still cannot believe that, despite all of the mistakes Bush has made, his popular vote exceeded Kerry's by at least 3 MILLION. That's the highest in history from what I have heard. Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

Democrats got what they deserve.

Funky Papa: Bush will win, and in 2008 three people will possibly run - John McCain, Rudy Guliani, and Jeb Bush. All three of these guys are extremely popular and would more than likely win over any democratic candidate. I'm also willing to bet America likes them so much that they'd be re-elected and stay in office until 2016. Basically, no democratic president in the US until at least 2016.

Rudy Guliani scares me. He really does. I'm indifferent about Jeb, but he's a Bush, so y'know. I do like John McCain. I wish he won the 2000 primaries.

Seth C

Iceman said:

And it looks like a big Obama party throughout the cable channels.

I'm barely a Republican, but I really like blue better. In fact, why did the Republicans get stuck with red? That's an angry color. I want blue.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
Celicar said:
No, it's not disgusting. It's what the American people wanted. We stood up and we acted. Bush has won, thanks to us. I am very happy, although a bit hung over.

less than 25% of the american people wanted....

DHGamer

I am extremely disappointed in the ignorance of many citizens to re-elect a president who has done virtually nothing right. And to think they referred to Clinton as "Slick Willy".

"No Adult left behind" is apparently long overdue.

Seth C

levious said:
not trying to attack your opinion, but if you truly felt that gov't should stay out of marriage issues then voting for a ban involving it doesn't make sense to me.

I'd rather vote to protect something I believe in (even if I don't think it should be up to the government) than to vote to (in my mind) weaken something I believe in. Those were the only choices I was given, there was no write-in there, so I made my choice.

Seth C

Diablos said:

Question, would Democrats be all that unhappy with Rudy? I'd think he would be liked across the board, and I would love to see him run.

m0dus

Banned
pollo said:
Dear America,

Bush won. Get over it.

Thanks

Your lover-
Pollo

yeah, ironically, though it will be 2nd term, this will be the first time the man was elected president :lol

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
What I don't get is how the exit polls could be so wrong. It looked like Kerry had it wrapped up at one point. Someone on the news said they found it odd that the exit polling matched up almost exactly except for those battleground states with electronic voting without receipts. In those states Bush consistently came out 3-5% ahead of what the exit polls predicted. That's very disturbing IMO.

Dead

well not really...yet
Seth C said:
Question, would Democrats be all that unhappy with Rudy? I'd think he would be liked across the board, and I would love to see him run.
Rudy is a fucking gimp. Thats just me though. I think hes a parasite.

Iceman

Funky Papa said:
Question from an european citizen.

If Bush wins like it looks like, how do you foresee the next presidential elections?

it's entirely in the hands of republicans now. If they do a good enough job at establishing an environment that promotes, effectively, a substantial revival of the economy.. well, that's the biggest factor... that can only help maintain the current edge republicans have.

It wont help the republicans make any space between them and democrats (nowhere near as much as most people would expect) because if the economy is going good then the American electorate will not believe that a republican dominated government is absolutely required anymore. The democrats will then have a chance to gain some steam with social issues.

The heart of America (geographically speaking, all those red states) will continue to grow conservative so if the republicans can get out the vote like we saw this time then the republicans will continue to hold the edge globally.

But if the economic recovery falters (for whatever reason, whether it be in the hands of the government or not) then the republicans have no shot at keeping both branches of government. I think in that scenario the democrats win back the white house. And I think that just like in this election domestic issues will dominate versus international issues in deciding the president and the legislative makeup.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
JC10001 said:
What I don't get is how the exit polls could be so wrong. It looked like Kerry had it wrapped up at one point. Someone on the news said they found it odd that the exit polling matched up almost exactly except for those battleground states with electronic voting without receipts. In those states Bush consistently came out 3-5% ahead of what the exit polls predicted. That's very disturbing IMO.

i dont find it odd, i also know quite a number of people who were fucked out of there right to vote

robochimp

Willco said:
If Bush leaves office with a high approval rating, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Republican party "ride" the Bush wave and try to put in Jeb Bush.

Jeb is the son that people actually thought would be president, so its definately going to happen.

Diablos

I am not factoring in Rudy's likability among democrats. Screw it. We need a democratic president to ensure balance in this country, and it isn't happening for a long, long time.

Explain. If you are talking about the youth vote being the same, I agree. Kerry could have won if there were more young people at the polls. It was 54% democratic.

Rudy Guliani scares me. He really does. I'm indifferent about Jeb, but he's a Bush, so y'know. I do like John McCain. I wish he won the 2000 primaries.

McCain is the best one, yeah.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
+100000 homophobes, retards, racists, facists, warmongers, hicks Good job voting guys.....no matter how retarded bush supporters are democrats are worse for not doing something about it.

[shatner]this sickens me[/shatner]

Seth C

XMonkey said:
It would be real interesting seeing the Democrats push Hilary for 2008, but I don't see it happening.

It would be interesting to see how much she'd lose by. I really don't think the country is ready for a female President. I think a vast majority of men would vote against her (we're like that, you know) and I think most conservative women would vote against her also. I know my mom would make it a point to vote for whichever man was running against her.

AssMan

Banned
All you dumb phucks who voted for Bush and are going to college hoping to make it out in the real world, well you can kiss that dream good bye. I'm so ashamed of being an american right now. How can people be this ignorant for voting for Bush? Business won't want to spend money on training people, because major businesses already losing money, and getting rid of people beause of the economy. My mother went to college and got one of the top five best degrees to have in the few years, and it's STILL going to waste because of how shitty Florida's economy is. All that hard work, taking care of two kids on her own.....for NOTHING. Thank you Bush. You truly are a fucking idiot.

Diablos

Doc Holliday said:
+100000 homophobes, retards, racists, facists, warmongers, hicks Good job voting guys.....no matter how retarded bush supporters are democrats are worse for not doing something about it.

[shatner]this sickens me[/shatner]
Hey, I DID SOMETHING. I voted. Don't blame me.

AssMan, that's what most college students do not realize, they're getting fucked over.

Seth C

nathkenn said:
not everyone votes, there are nearly 300 million people in the us

Then they chose not to vote, or they're too young to. Really, where are you going with this? Are you old enough to vote yourself? Just curious.

XS+

Banned
Seth C said:
I'm barely a Republican, but I really like blue better. In fact, why did the Republicans get stuck with red? That's an angry color. I want blue.
Light saber color.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I wonder who the republicans are going to blame now when the shit hits the fan?! No clinton, republican congress and who knows how many bush appointed judges in the sup. court.

Iceman

nathkenn said:
i dont find it odd, i also know quite a number of people who were fucked out of there right to vote

how could a small sample size of people volunteering to divulge their selections all from the early half of the election day possibly give you an accurate view, especially when close, of what the ACTUAL final tally would be?

"I wonder who the republicans are going to blame now when the shit hits the fan?! No clinton, republican congress and who knows how many bush appointed judges in the sup. court."

That's exactly what we want... we don't care that we'll have to deal with ultimate culpability.. we want a chance to put our policies into practice unhindered.. just like democrats want.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
Iceman said:
how could a small sample size of people volunteering to divulge their selections all from the early half of the election day possibly give you an accurate view, especially when close, of what the ACTUAL final tally would be?

it simply gives me reason to distrust, whats currently up there are simply projections anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom