• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

cja

Pennsylvania is tighter than Ohio and that got called early last night for Kerry. It seems absurd that Ohio hasn't been given to Bush in comparison. Fair to assume this is a mix of absentee and provisional votes favouring Kerry, the overwhelmingly liberal news outlets not wanting to admit defeat until Kerry does and just fear of a 2000 repeat?

iapetus said:
Looking at the breakdowns he also seems to have won about 9% of the Democrat vote.

Can I get a WTF?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2092-1312869_1,00.html
and as efralope hints, checking out fahrenhype 9/11 will help you understand the Democrats for Bush psyche.

Gantz

Banned
nathkenn said:
seriously whats up with the early votes in several states, they were leaning heavily democratic in florida and numbered in the hundreds of thousands

Remember those missing 58,000 absentee balots?

efralope said:
I didn't mention the tenous Al Qaeda ties...

I don't see how it can be "untrue" that Saddam defied the council, didn't provide evidence or wherabouts of weapons, finanically supported suicide bombings in Israel, and committed human rights atrocities...

Whether or not something is "enough information to justify military action" (which we can agree wasn't there), the issues I laid out existed as justification (though WMD was the big one)...

you can't combine "misguided" and "highly-suspect"... they are very different terms...

Something can be absolutely true (and no supsect) and used as justification, and misguided at the same time...

Sorry, but the Al Queda reference was being bandied about by the Bush administration after the military action took place...IIRC...but you did not mention this...true. Even with the other known criminal actions of the Iraqi regime, they were not something that we needed to act on as we did. Potential WMDs in Iraq's possesion were the primary reason for invading, but, as it is known, there was very little (if any) evidence to support such ideas.

The timing of our invasion was political. The spin and sales-pitch used on the American people was political. This was clearly a politcal action, IMO.

misguided: poorly conceived or thought out

suspect (usage: highly-suspect): regarded as untrustworthy, fishy; have no faith or confidence in

"...but I don't care for the misguided, highly-suspect reasoning..."

Makes sense to me.

Anyway, this is pointless...and I'm too tired to care about this for the moment and I'm starting to feel my brain leak out of my ears...reliable logic is not sustainable right now for me....need sleep.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
Gantz said:
Remember those missing 58,000 absentee balots?

this isnt absentee though, this is early voting at a poll, and according to several news sites they were using phone polls instead because they havent been counted

fse

Optimistic said:
Let's see, Crazy conspiracy theory vs the theory that like in any other country, the majority of voters are stupid fucking sheep who can't think for themselves. Sorry man, but the latter is much more plausible.

I did not say that, its a quote.. read.

Alcibiades

I didn't mention Al-Qaida ties cause I know they weren't strongly collaborative and so harder to prove...

I know they mentioned Al-Qaida and made WMD their main issue, but if you saw the extended dialogue taking place on CPSAN and PBS, and the House of Commons in Britain, you'd see a wider debate and range of issues and reasoning than what was presented on

RiZ III

You know Bin Laden was saying his goal is to bankrupt America, well sit back and relax Mr. Bin Laden cause Bush will do that for you. We had a surplus exceeding a trillion dollars four years ago, where are we now? O yea, more than a trillion dollars in the gutter. That takes skill man. If America keeps electing morons into the office, this country is just going to collaps from within. Well anyways, welcome to another wonderful 4 years :)

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Man this country is FUCKED!!

I just got done listening to Tom Brokaw talk about some of the newly elected republican senators (DeMint and two other guys). Here is what they want to do.

Completely ban abortion no matter what the circumstances.
Ban gays, lesbians, and single/unwed women from teaching kids in schools!!!

I mean you wanna talk about right wing... it doesn't get anymore right wing than that.

WTFF?

ge-man

JC10001 said:

I just got done listening to Tom Brokaw talk about some of the newly elected republican senators (DeMint and two other guys). Here is what they want to do.

I mean you wanna talk about right wing... it doesn't get anymore right wing than that.

WTFF?

Are you fucking serious? WAKE UP AMERICA!!! Neo-conservatisim is eroding our freedoms goddammit.

RiZ III

If theres another terrorist attack on the US, I can totally see myself in a concentration camp. Or maybe at gitmo. The american majority would probably support it too. Fuckin hick majority. Well, I'll send you guys a postcard when i get there.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
yeah we're supposed to be the great free nation and he we are passing legislation to take away freedoms, and electing politicians that plan to take away even more, nice

thankfully i'm over draft age, but if anyone tries to take my brother i will fucking kill you

Alcibiades

actually, I thought the "neo-conservative" title was like a Bill O'Reilly type, not quite fundamentalist, so moderate on social issues, but pro-defense and fiscally conservative...

JC10001 said:

WTFF?

Just wait until Bush gets the faith action goin' on in the Supreme Court... :( What the fuck ever happened to logic? separation of church and state? sanity? How morality and religion can be legislated is unfuckingbelievable to me. Arrrgh. Oh well...at least comedy writers 'round the world will have plenty of inspiration to draw off of for the next four years...

SFA_AOK

Great King Bowser said:
So is Bush gonna win?

Sorry I just woke up.

Most probably. It all rests on Ohio which is looking likely to go to Bush. Kerry *could* win it but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

f_elz said:
If bush wins... terrorist attack in a month or so.

I could see it no matter who gets elected. It'll fuck things up no matter who's in office.

efralope said:
actually, I thought the "neo-conservative" title was like a Bill O'Reilly type, not quite fundamentalist, so moderate on social issues, but pro-defense and fiscally conservative...

You forgot the "likes a dildo up his ass" conservative. :)

Great King Bowser said:
So is Bush gonna win?

Sorry I just woke up.
It sure looks like it. Andrew Card, Bush's chief of staff, has already declared victory.

I can't believe this is happening. I had such a good feeling Kerry would be able to pull it out. I really don't think I can take another four years of Bush; God knows what that psycho will do.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
That NBC stats page is unbelievable, 22% of america believes the most important issue in america (ahead of health care, terrorism, education etc etc) is 'Moral Issues'....and 79% of them voted for someone whose moto might as well be "an eye for an eye, and ill take your leg too, and the other one, and your oil"

WTF.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
f_elz:

> If bush wins... terrorist attack in a month or so.

Surely not. That would make Cheney a hypocrite.

Yeah, moral issues ... isn't there something about "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword". I dunno. I think some Yeshua guy said something about that.

Interesting.....againn I was going to sleep before I did I wents channel surfing and every channel had differnt elec vote results.

NBC 207 - 199
Fox News (which was on Fox and UPN) 210 - 144
CBS 209 - 188

how does that happend I can see the difference between CBS and NBC numbers but how did FOx get 55 votes behind on one side and 3 ahead on another?

belgurdo

Banned
Clinton saved us money and kept our country running with minor military struggle but is one of the most hated presidents in history...Bush blew away all our money on near-martial law and a war based on an assumption and has been called on it many times...but is loved and will be possibly running two terms...

What the hell is wrong with America?

People loved Clinton. If he could run again, he would have won.

It was just a group of tight-wad conservatives that couldn't stand him.

Gruco

Banned
It's bad enough that Bush seemed to have this in hand, but Cobrun, DeMint and Bunning all winning is salt in the wound. Really dirty, infected salt. (I'm not sure about the three Brokaw mentioned, but those are the ones that worry me)...

This is just miserable. The "united and motivated" left got its ass handed to it.

Now I need to conclude whether I wasted my time by following this so closely, or whether I simply sould have gotten more involved in trying to have an impact on the final outcome....

Kuroyume

Banned
belgurdo said:
Clinton saved us money and kept our country running with minor military struggle but is one of the most hated presidents in history...Bush blew away all our money on near-martial law and a war based on an assumption and has been called on it many times...but is loved and will be possibly running two terms...

Didn't you write in another thread that you didn't vote?

ge-man

belgurdo said:

I think most liked Clinton. What I do find ironic is that he was impeached. I don't know how this assclown has escaped it--Iraq is a complete and uneccesary mess that has cost lives all around had done nothing but increase terror.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Genius, good work George.

I like the way that you raised tax, raised healthcare costs, cut jobs, lowered wages, increased the amount of people living below the poverty line, illegally invaded a country, murdered 13,000 people there (minimum) at a cost of over 1,000 US troops, saw the biggest increase in fuel price ever recorded, upped duty on Diesel all after cheating your way into office.

Good luck with the money thing. In a way you remind me of Mr Crabs from SpongeBob. “Hello, I’m Gerorge Bush/Mr Crabs and I like money!”

When I’m poisoned on the tube on my way into work, fear not – I’ll hold no grudge. The poisoners, rightfully outraged to the point of suicide with your endless exploitation of the world, will have no idea that you and your rich friends and family need more money for some kind of important reason, too complex for their brains, wrapped in that tawdry brown skin, to understand. I however understand perfectly and as the ricin causes my intestines to liquefy, I’ll be thinking of how the US voting you in made us all safer.

Kerry made the foolish move of appealing the American public’s dreams and aspirations of a better country and world for everyone. What a fool! You played the bogeyman card and struck the fear of Allah into them and, as every global terrorist knows – fear beats dreams hands down every time.

God bless you George, as he surely blesses America...

Now, if someone can beam me up now...

Seth C

ge-man said:
I think most liked Clinton. What I do find ironic is that he was impeached. I don't know how this assclown has escaped it--Iraq is a complete and uneccesary mess that has cost lives all around had done nothing but increase terror.

What the hell? In what alternate reality was Clinton impeached?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Seth C said:
What the hell? In what alternate reality was Clinton impeached?

Dude, no offense but you didn't know that? I mean I know its messed up... but yeah, Clinton was impeached for lying about a blow job.

Bush will never be impeached because his buddies control the entire government....and the irony is he probably deserves to be.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
belgurdo said:
I live in Indiana so there's no point in voting anything but red, so I don't bother

While that may be true you should still vote...if only for the popular vote. I live in Maryland which always goes democratic and I still voted (for Kerry) even though I knew I wouldn't need to.

What I always found weird about Indiana is how many of the states that surround it are democratic but it always goes republican. Why is that?

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
belgurdo said:
I live in Indiana so there's no point in voting anything but red, so I don't bother

says you and everyone else who didnt vote and thats now why we have this peice of crap about the win the election again

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
belgurdo said:
Give yourself a pat on the back buddy!

Diablos

The youth turnout sickens me, it is as low as 17%. What else are people my age busy doing? Working crappy minimum wage jobs? Hanging out in a dorm? Smoking pot? There is no excuse for such a low turnout. None whatsoever. Kerry would have had this election if more kids my age voted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom