• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Fifty

One game to go. Theo, True..please either tell the other guy when you're able to play (Tomorrow!) in this thread, or via PMs. We can't have many forfeits.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Matrix - awesome game. Win or lose, that was nailbiting all the way into OT. I got yelled at for swearing too loud.

And wtf at that last timeout with 1.7 left on the clock :lol :lol :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Great game..I still cant get over that basket you made where the rim was bent down from a missed dunk and gasol then shot it through anyway :( and then that last second three before the end of the 2nd or was it first quarter :(

That last second timeout was just cause I wanted to try to hit 80 :p

Man its really hard trying to win without Tmac..I think I might go 0-16 :D

Fifty

How the fuck did I miss this? After it said he was out for the season, Vince played in Mr. Bob's last game (WTF WTF WTF). Now he's not even on the injured list. A huge bug, or merely Vince's incredible fucking heart??????

Mrbob

Vince isn't a man....he's a

terminator.gif

Good as new. :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
One game to go. Theo, True..please either tell the other guy when you're able to play (Tomorrow!) in this thread, or via PMs. We can't have many forfeits.

Did you see my posts telling him when I can play? I will be available anytime after 8est time Wednesday night.

Let me know Theo.

Cloudy

Banned
That would be great if you guys can get it in tonight so we can move on. Theo, I play you in week 4 so I could play right after that :)

Fifty

Oooooo I can't wait till you guys can play this game and we can advance. At least I hope you do. Rankings should be up, and Konex will be advancing the league at 1 am..Unless of course those two are in a game at that time.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K I'm guessing it was Malleymal that was being cussed at earlier for constantly passing out of shots. Cause that was freakin ridiculous!!! He did it 4 times in one possesion!!! 4 freakin times. And he did it 3 times many times during the second half. I had someone watching that was counting.
Dude I know you might think that this is the way that you play video game basketball, but exploiting something in the game is just cheap.
That zone was tough enough to deal with. That was a nice challenge. But watching Okur freakin spin in the air and pass out to someone that was standing out at the three point line three possesions in a row was just freakin lame. As was watching you just run around with everyone is circles.

Whatever.

I really enjoyed my game with Theo though. gg game Theo. That was fun. I had five guys in double figures that game. Spread the ball around. Neither of us set our defensive pressure to tight. Didn't pass out of every shot. Just good fun online basketball.

Nuff said

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Truelize said:
K I'm guessing it was Malleymal that was being cussed at earlier for constantly passing out of shots. Cause that was freakin ridiculous!!! He did it 4 times in one possesion!!! 4 freakin times. And he did it 3 times many times during the second half. I had someone watching that was counting.
Dude I know you might think that this is the way that you play video game basketball, but exploiting something in the game is just cheap.
That zone was tough enough to deal with. That was a nice challenge. But watching Okur freakin spin in the air and pass out to someone that was standing out at the three point line three possesions in a row was just freakin lame. As was watching you just run around with everyone is circles.

Whatever.

I really enjoyed my game with Theo though. gg game Theo. That was fun. I had five guys in double figures that game. Spread the ball around. Neither of us set our defensive pressure to tight. Didn't pass out of every shot. Just good fun online basketball.

Nuff said

hahahahaha... earlier in the game you were winning, by using duncan or parker spin move score, I didnt cry or nothing, I thought " this man to man dont work on him, got to use the zone" and shut tim down... period... it sucks to lose, but trust me Jump passes are not the reason you lost, U were leading and I came back and won, it has nothing to do with jump passes... u act like jump passes put points on the board... Cry me a river, you only play me twice, suck it up

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
hahahahaha... earlier in the game you were winning, by using duncan or parker spin move score, I didnt cry or nothing, I thought " this man to man dont work on him, got to use the zone" and shut tim down... period... it sucks to lose, but trust me Jump passes are not the reason you lost, U were leading and I came back and won, it has nothing to do with jump passes... u act like jump passes put points on the board... Cry me a river, you only play me twice, suck it up

No, jump passes were the biggest reason you scored that easily in the second half. That and the fact that you would just run your guy around every possible player to try and pick him free. That's move sucks too. But I was playing basketball throughout that game. Duncan is that good. You would freakin leave him wide open under the hoop sometimes. The drop step can be guarded quite easily if you drop off the guy and then jump as he is going up. Funny that I had a ton of blocks throughout the first half when you weren't doing your little jump pass crap.
So just to clear things up for you. Your jump passes lead to the majority of your points in the second half of the third quarter and the first half of the fourth. Period..
I guess we shall see how you play next time.
And don't patronize me with your little "suck it up" comment.

Cloudy

Banned
Relax, folks. We voted to use our players "any way we like" so just play and move on :p

And yeah, Theo is very fun to play against...

Goodnight, all :)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Truelize said:
No, jump passes were the biggest reason you scored that easily in the second half. That and the fact that you would just run your guy around every possible player to try and pick him free. That's move sucks too. But I was playing basketball throughout that game. Duncan is that good. You would freakin leave him wide open under the hoop sometimes. The drop step can be guarded quite easily if you drop off the guy and then jump as he is going up. Funny that I had a ton of blocks throughout the first half when you weren't doing your little jump pass crap.
So just to clear things up for you. Your jump passes lead to the majority of your points in the second half of the third quarter and the first half of the fourth. Period..
I guess we shall see how you play next time.
And don't patronize me with your little "suck it up" comment.

never left tim duncan open at all..

jump pass is not a planned attack it happens all through out the game, I dont just turn it on and off Like i turned on my zone to shut down your game

and your blocks had nothing to do with me jump passing, most blocks are done on the way up and you my friend got a grip of your blocks off of dunks and layups up under the rim...

and I will not change my game , like I said I have been playing like this for EVER , i will not change so grown men will stop crying... sorry... not meant to patronize you, but you lost, you cry, suck it up...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I didn't cry man. You just played a styel that I think is garbage. When you constantly use the jump pass it takes players out of position and there is actualy no way to get back into position fast enough to play defense. NO WAY. The computer reacts to it too quickly and you always wind up having an open guy due to it.

And just cause you've been playing like this forever doesn't mean it still doesn't feel cheap from your oppositions point of view.
My team is incapable of defending the constant jump pass. Therefore it feels unfair when it is used so heavily.
The game was very close. We each had the lead in the third and then you went jump pass crazy. And you took off.

That's what I felt happened.

But I guess what you want to hear is: Good game man. You are truly awesome. I thought it was so funny that you always had someone open for those crazy 360 spinning jump passes. Oh gee you are the bestest.

Cloudy

Banned
Tru, you might want to try not jumping at EVERY shot attempt. Hell, I'd rather give up a shot attempt than an easy slam from the pass out of the shot. Unless the guy's been torching you, let him see a few of those jumpers. Case in point, my game with Fifty :p

Peja = 15/39 Never Forget!!!! :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Truelize said:
I didn't cry man. You just played a styel that I think is garbage. When you constantly use the jump pass it takes players out of position and there is actualy no way to get back into position fast enough to play defense. NO WAY. The computer reacts to it too quickly and you always wind up having an open guy due to it.

And just cause you've been playing like this forever doesn't mean it still doesn't feel cheap from your oppositions point of view.
My team is incapable of defending the constant jump pass. Therefore it feels unfair when it is used so heavily.
The game was very close. We each had the lead in the third and then you went jump pass crazy. And you took off.

That's what I felt happened.

But I guess what you want to hear is: Good game man. You are truly awesome. I thought it was so funny that you always had someone open for those crazy 360 spinning jump passes. Oh gee you are the bestest.

Im done man, let it go....

20040203dasdasbal_3_I_SCO.jpg

real reason you lost^

stockton.jpg

never forget!

its OVER man..

2001874024.jpg

Ramirez

LMAO...

Some of us might as well accept the fact that some people are gonna play in ways that we feel are extremely cheap or whatever,might as well deal with it though.

Cloudy

Banned
Lamar finally showed up to play and he was solid on offense and defense. I'm glad I didn't trade him out of frustration :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
Im done man, let it go....

20040203dasdasbal_3_I_SCO.jpg

real reason you lost^

stockton.jpg

never forget!

its OVER man..

2001874024.jpg

Yeah sorry man. I was just in a bad mood last night. Even before that loss. I just needed a place to whine and vent. I went a little overboard.
I'm like the Larry Brown of this league. "I got screwed!! The refs hate my players. Blah blah blah."

Truelize = Larry Brown :D

Mrbob

Remember, kiddies, there are two ways to play this game. And you need to get into different mindsets for each type of opponent:

There is NBA ball and then there is Malley ball. :p

BTW I agree that we let him play the way he plays because I want everyone to experience the wondrous glory of Malley ball. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Matrix, it's time

Dm,you around to play now? I got the Stros game,we can either play now or after.

Matrix

Ok I'll go log on.

Matrix

Ok guys I just took down Twack and team USA...the key to beating the bulls is to double their pg all game and let Tmac shoot..im dead serious,the Bulls cant shoot and Tmac isnt any god in this game :D Let Tmac take long oustide shots and double him when he comes into the paint...just check out the stats,they speak for ice cold Twac.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Ok guys I just took down Twack and team USA...the key to beating the bulls is to double their pg all game and let Tmac shoot..im dead serious,the Bulls cant shoot and Tmac isnt any god in this game :D Let Tmac take long oustide shots and double him when he comes into the paint...just check out the stats,they speak for ice cold Twac.

Don't listen to him! Guard T-Mac!!! :(

Top Bottom