• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Champions League Tourney

ATF487

gg AstroLad, that Olic goal was pretty sweet. Also Van Bommel burned me a few times on crosses (lol smiley)

edit:

May as well do the stats then

Liverpool FC (ATF487) 1-1 Bayern Munich (AstroLad)

'41 N'Gog (Liverpool)
'51 I.Olić (Bayern)

Slizz

Since its use whatever controls you want now I'm glad I got some early wins in. I think it balances out, since I am sticking with a mix of semi and manual =P

Slizz

Awesome Animals said:
Well it only took three leagues before everyone's bitching about change brought full auto back.
I have a feeling the true players will shine through the dark cloud that is auto controls.....

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
we did a league or two the past couple years on semi and it wasn't too much of a problem but the hard part is just making sure that everyone is aware and has their settings right. honestly there was always a lot of chatter about people not using semi and using auto and being cheap yadda yadda. it's too bad ea won't just let you create a semi game with pass assist on. i'll take a full auto league over that pro passing garbage any day though

AstroLad said:
we did a league or two the past couple years on semi and it wasn't too much of a problem but the hard part is just making sure that everyone is aware and has their settings right. honestly there was always a lot of chatter about people not using semi and using auto and being cheap yadda yadda. it's too bad ea won't just let you create a semi game with pass assist on. i'll take a full auto league over that pro passing garbage any day though

I didn't realize until today that you could change the control settings in a custom game. I was playing under the correct controls, AFAIK, but not sure if others were using full auto against me in other seasons. Not that I care.

sneaky77

I like the pro passing. It requires more skill and being more methodical in the build up. Which makes for better games IMO. But preferrences really. Like I said if it wasn't an option no one would even notice it anymore cause They would be used to it. But ea does not want their forums to flood with bitter tears and don't pull the plug towards more sim

AndresON777

shooting blanks
ShallNoiseUpon said:
I didn't realize until today that you could change the control settings in a custom game. I was playing under the correct controls, AFAIK, but not sure if others were using full auto against me in other seasons. Not that I care.
I beat you with full auto controls twice last time SNU. remember I gave you 1 mulligan. smh man...sneaky do you have my first game stats in ur spreadsheet now?

Magicked

Lol, GG Animals. I need to stop playing PES. For the beginning 10 minutes I was trying to sprint while holding RB...

I thought I was doing well at the start, but you put some pressure on later. I'm terrible at dribbling as well, so Messi is almost useless to me. You put in some good blocks though with the couple shots I had with him.

Group A

Barcelona F.C. (magicked) 0 at 0 Aston Villa F.C. (Awesome Animals)

It was a pretty defensive game but I was able to put some pressure on in the end. I forgot Puyol is the greatest defender ever in this game and Dani Alves was the second best. Magicked did do a nice job of predicting some of my skill moves, which forced me to switch it up a bit.

Magicked

When you come to Camp Nou I might score 1 whole goal!!! lol

It was a defensive game though. I was surprised Barca's defense held up against the strength of Aston Villa. I guess that's a good sign.

Magicked said:
When you come to Camp Nou I might score 1 whole goal!!! lol

It was a defensive game though. I was surprised Barca's defense held up against the strength of Aston Villa. I guess that's a good sign.

Yea, but I'll be using Darren Bent :)

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:
I beat you with full auto controls twice last time SNU. remember I gave you 1 mulligan. smh man...sneaky do you have my first game stats in ur spreadsheet now?

the match against Koji?

Slizz

AC Milan - 1 vs. Manchester City - 1

We got disconnected early on in the second half of the game, so we played 2 separate first halves.

Goals:
Tevez 27' first half
Z. Ibrahimovic 42' second first half

GG Tim, I would have preferred us not getting disconnected we were having a good game, very back and forth with all counter-attacks.

ATF487

Meus tomorrow I'm going to have a lot of time to play, anytime after 1EST (6GMT) if you wanna get it done then

edit: nm going home this weekend, I'm going to be flexible sunday/tuesday though

Magicked

I can be on any time today before about 7 PM. Then I'll be gone until who knows. Hopefully not long like 10 PM.

Tomorrow I'll be around all day as well until my soccer match at 5:30, then back for the evening.

So whenever. I'm on EST btw.

sneaky77

WJD said:
Just checking... Any free spaces? It'd be cool to play FIFA with some gaffers.

We just started so we could put you in a group. Commitment is required.. even if you lose a match. If you still want to play pick a team and post your gamertag

WJD

sneaky77 said:
We just started so we could put you in a group. Commitment is required.. even if you lose a match. If you still want to play pick a team and post your gamertag

Cool, me being in GMT won't matter will it?

Gamertag is Will J D

Valencia C.F please.

WJD

Lovely.

Astro, ATF, Meus - I'm ready whenever from about 6pm GMT onwards. Or if any of you are on tonight I can slip a game or two in.

sneaky77

WJD said:
I just realised I fucking suck with Valencia, can I have Inter instead please?

Since u havent played and you just signed up I changed it, but thats it.

I think Valencia is my most used team on 1v1 ranked

WJD

sneaky77 said:
Since u havent played and you just signed up I changed it, but thats it.

I think Valencia is my most used team on 1v1 ranked

4-4-1-1 has never worked for me. I switched to 442, putting Mata on the wing and that helped a little, but I still wasn't creating enough chances and considering I'm not very good, I need lots of chances.

Magicked

GG sneaky. I'm so mad!!!

I cannot believe I fucked up that goalkeeper clearance. The game was mine to lose at that point, and well, I lost it. :lol

edit: Also, your keeper saved 4 awesome headers in a row on corner kicks. Just one after the other. haha

sneaky77

Magicked said:
GG sneaky. I'm so mad!!!

I cannot believe I fucked up that goalkeeper clearance. The game was mine to lose at that point, and well, I lost it. :lol

well technically you drew it, lol.. I missed a few chances and you missed a few too.. it was close.. Barca is fucking tough.. specially with so many players defending lol.

Magicked

sneaky77 said:
well technically you drew it, lol.. I missed a few chances and you missed a few too.. it was close.. Barca is fucking tough.. specially with so many players defending lol.

Haha, yea, but Barca outshot you 15-7 (and I mean Barca, not me, since Barca is imba. lol). Either way it was a tight match. Almost all your shots were quality and scared the shit out of me. Your first one was a blast too.

WJD

Inter 1 - 2 Porto

32' Milito
59' Moutinho
80' Rolando
90' Falcao

Good game, Meus - pretty even. Eto'o was through on goal and brought down by Rolando then Falcao scores in the dying seconds from a corner :(

Sneijder hit the post from about 40 yards

Meus was very dangerous on the counter and I had most of the possession.

I feel jipped at the final score, but hey - it was good fun.

Top Bottom