• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Champions League Tourney

When you were through on goal and I dived in there, I thought it was a penalty. So I was shocked that it turned out to be a FK only. Did not deserve the win but if you play like that again you'll for sure rack up those points.

WJD

AstroLad said:
WJD I can play now if you want. astrothelad online

I'll hop on now.

Meus Renaissance said:
When you were through on goal and I dived in there, I thought it was a penalty. So I was shocked that it turned out to be a FK only. Did not deserve the win but if you play like that again you'll for sure rack up those points.

So did I! But no, edge of the bastarding box!

WJD

I'm mostly annoyed that I missed that great opportunity with Eto'o near the end of the game after I'd switched to 4-4-2.

ijm72

Shogun and Tim the Wiz, I will be available most of the day today and tomorrow to play our games so just let me know when you will be available.

ShogunX

Tim the Wiz or ijm72 you guys around to play our matches? Will be available for the next few hours so just PM on here.

^^^^ Missed that post! You available now?

Also if anybody plays Ultimate team I'm looking to sell my >TEAM< and coins. PM me if interested. Thanks.

ShogunX

Group B

Napoli 1 - 1 Arsenal

Decent game with some good chances for both teams. Nice opening goal for ijm and a bit of a shit equaliser for me. Probably about the right result but both teams had some spoony shots towards the end of the match that could of flown in on another day.

Oh and how bad are the 360 D-pads? Tried switching up between balanced and attacking a few times and ended up switching wings and then CB joins attack. Annoying stuff.

ijm72

Group B
Arsenal (ijm72) 1 : 1 Napoli (Shogun PaiN)

12' Fabregas
65' Lavezzi

Good game Shogun my defender made a huge mistake on your equalizer but you had enough scoring opportunities that a 1-1 draw is a fair result. I had a chance to go up 2-0 at the beginning of the second half but I hit the post and your keeper made an excellent save on Walcott's shot.

k0ji-wd

WJD said:
Inter 1 - 2 Porto

32' Milito
59' Moutinho
80' Rolando
90' Falcao

Good game, Meus - pretty even. Eto'o was through on goal and brought down by Rolando then Falcao scores in the dying seconds from a corner :(

Sneijder hit the post from about 40 yards

Meus was very dangerous on the counter and I had most of the possession.

I feel jipped at the final score, but hey - it was good fun.

home team upload the goals, ur fucking up the end of season video with every goal left un-uploaded

Magicked

k0ji-wd said:
home team upload the goals, ur fucking up the end of season video with every goal left un-uploaded

How long does it take you to save the goal videos? I think I used all my slots for last game, so when I play again I will have to overwrite them.

Slizz

Magicked said:
How long does it take you to save the goal videos? I think I used all my slots for last game, so when I play again I will have to overwrite them.
I think every time the videos are posted k0ji downloads them.

ATF487

WJD:

I've had problems connecting to live consistently, but I could play you from 3-7PM GMT, or anytime after 9PM GMT assuming things work out

I'll be online for the next twelve or so hours, ijm72 and Shogun PaiN.

Group B - Manchester City 3 - Arsenal 1

Goals
Adebayor - 2
Tevez - 1
(Can't remember the Arsenal scorer.)

Tim the Wiz said:
Ah, yes, six games played by each team in the group stages. It being 2am here will be my excuse.

2i42lw.gif

I think this is a more suitable reasoning.

Magicked

Group A

Barcelona (magicked) 3 - 1 Tottenham (ShallNoiseUpon)

5' - Pedro
33' - Xavi
36' - David Villa
75' - Defoe (spurs)

GG SNU... Barca definitely felt imba in that match. It's like I haven't been able to score recently and it all came out this game. Gomez made some incredible saves, including a PK to keep the score at 3. It's weird how I had so many header chances. I think your CBs just got pulled out of position like crazy for some reason.

Your goal was hilarious, btw. I'm such an idiot... lol

Slizz said:
I'm maxing and relaxing in Group B =D

You're killing them softly with those Marseilles turns, I bet. I now have played you enough times to anticipate them, so your voodoo tricks won't work on me when we hopefully meet in the KO stages

Magicked said:
Group A

Barcelona (magicked) 3 - 1 Tottenham (ShallNoiseUpon)

5' - Pedro
33' - Xavi
36' - David Villa
75' - Defoe (spurs)

GG SNU... Barca definitely felt imba in that match. It's like I haven't been able to score recently and it all came out this game. Gomez made some incredible saves, including a PK to keep the score at 3. It's weird how I had so many header chances. I think your CBs just got pulled out of position like crazy for some reason.

Your goal was hilarious, btw. I'm such an idiot... lol

I had to hold back from messaging you something along the lines of "lol full auto barca"

ShogunX

Tim the Wiz said:
Get back on Live, Shogun PaiN. We must duel.

Was on Live last night but didn't notice you on. That is unless I get you mixed up with somebody else.

Will be around quite a bit over the next few days and the weekend so best to message me on Live when we are both on. Off to Anfield tonight so I'm not sure If I will be on.

Slizz said:
We almost done with the first leg? I'm losing form :lol

I feel that man. I've been tearing up Head 2 Head lately. I've been losing like one in ten, and it is usually a lucky header by Villa, or Ronaldo, or someone like that. Can't handle this. let's get the return leg going!

WJD

ATF487 said:
WJD:

I've had problems connecting to live consistently, but I could play you from 3-7PM GMT, or anytime after 9PM GMT assuming things work out

Bollocks, I missed this post. I'll be free tonight though at about 6-7GMT and then 9+GMT.

FC Porto 2 - 1 Inter Milan

Fernando - probably epitomises the game.
Eto - nice play here by WJD, manages to pass his way and then just dribble into my box to score
Varela - nice cross in by the Hulk, relieved to score this because the match was drifting away from me

Slizz

Meus Renaissance said:
FC Porto 2 - 1 Inter Milan

Fernando - probably epitomises the game.
Eto - nice play here by WJD, manages to pass his way and then just dribble into my box to score
Varela - nice cross in by the Hulk, relieved to score this because the match was drifting away from me
Wow that first goal is weird as hell..... lol at first glance it looked like Inter scored...

Yeah, and there was the shot that went over the bar in the first half, too. ;) Frustrating game, everything seemed to go wrong for me, but, ultimately, I played worse and Slizz deserved the win.

Magicked

sneaky77 said:
People in group A, I should be on tonight after 930pm or so, let me know if we can play then.

Let's see how drunk I am. Going out after work to hit up a local place that has Hopslam on tap. It's going to be delicious.

Top Bottom