• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Champions League Tourney

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nah i bailed out of that a couple weeks back iirc. it's for the better schedules didn't work and i hate those controls

ShogunX

Tim the Wiz said:
Napoli 0 - Man City 1

Goals
David Silva - 1

How the hell I lost this game I will never ever know. Missed about 3-4 Gilt edged chances as well as a penalty. Tried to stop the peno on green and ended up somewhere in the red leading to me blasting it over the bar, God knows how that happened.

Good game anyway and it looks like I need two wins from my next two games.

Group A
Week 2

Tottenham Hotspur (ShallNoiseUpon) 2:1 FC Barcelona (Magicked)

65' S. Busquets (BAR)
69' L. King (TOT)
84' G. dos Santos (TOT)

Magicked, I fucked up my substitutions so bad. I wanted to put Lennon in for some speed and somehow ended up with Robbie Keane in. I was just like "OMGWTF ROBBIE KEANE GET OFF THE FIELD NOW." Gomes was a total beast in the first half, saving 3 or 4 absolutely GORGEOUS balls from your attacks. I also knew the way you were playing with Dani Alves against Bale after the yellow card that eventually I could force a red from him. That kind of helped me get down that side of the field a couple of times toward the end.

Good game. There were a couple of questionable no-calls in the box for both of us this game, too.

Magicked

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Group A
Week 2

Tottenham Hotspur (ShallNoiseUpon) 2:1 FC Barcelona (Magicked)

65' S. Busquets (BAR)
69' L. King (TOT)
84' G. dos Santos (TOT)

Magicked, I fucked up my substitutions so bad. I wanted to put Lennon in for some speed and somehow ended up with Robbie Keane in. I was just like "OMGWTF ROBBIE KEANE GET OFF THE FIELD NOW." Gomes was a total beast in the first half, saving 3 or 4 absolutely GORGEOUS balls from your attacks. I also knew the way you were playing with Dani Alves against Bale after the yellow card that eventually I could force a red from him. That kind of helped me get down that side of the field a couple of times toward the end.

Good game. There were a couple of questionable no-calls in the box for both of us this game, too.

Yea, Gomes was a fucking beast. I was relieved when I finally scored because you hadn't fronted much of an attack up to that point. I thought I could hold it, but you equalized quickly. Then Alves had to go and get sent off. I thought at least one of those yellows should have been a warning, but so it goes. I probably should have brought him off with one of my extra subs.

ijm72

Group B
Week 2

Arsenal 3: Manchester City 3

4' Tevez
45' Van Persie
45' Tevez
74' Tevez
76' Arshavin
90' Nasri

GG Tim. It was a free flowing game with lots of chances for both teams. Tevez ripped my defense up but I mounted a pretty good comeback and tied it up at almost the last minute.

Magicked, ShallNoiseUpon, and Sneaky77, sorry I haven't been around. Hopefully I can get on this week after work, which means if we set up some times after 5:00 p.m. EST, I can definitely get the games in. Just post in here what times will be good, and we can get the games going. Sorry for the hold-up

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Magicked, ShallNoiseUpon, and Sneaky77, sorry I haven't been around. Hopefully I can get on this week after work, which means if we set up some times after 5:00 p.m. EST, I can definitely get the games in. Just post in here what times will be good, and we can get the games going. Sorry for the hold-up

i can do it tonight arount 10 or tuesday after 730pm EST

Magicked

Awesome Animals said:

I can be around Mon. - Wed. after 7:30 PM, and the rest of the week after 5:30 (EST). Just let me know when to show up. :)

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Well I have a skype date with the gf after work, but I will post when I'm hopping on!

is ok.. we can all respect some cybersex going on.

send me a pm if i am not online since I have tests

Slizz

AC Milan - 1 vs. Napoli - 3

Goals:
28' Pato
40' Yebda
68' Hamsik
83' Lavezzi

GG Shogun

Decent game, we both started off weary of each other. My defense I felt was pretty good even though you dropped 3 on me. Every time you came into my half I was poking the ball out, you just happened to get it back each time. I must have blocked at least 4 or 5 shots in the penalty box with my defenders. The one nice finesse shot from outside you scored was so aggravating..... Silva was right there and couldn't block you and my keeper almost had it as well. This is the first game where Zambrotta was a weakness as well.

Group A - Week 2

Tottenham Hotspur (ShallNoiseUpon) 0 at 4 Aston Villa (Awesome Animals)

31' John Carew
56' Stilyan Petrov
79' Nigel Reo-Coker
88' Gabriel Agbonlahor

ShogunX

Slizz said:
AC Milan - 1 vs. Napoli - 3

Goals:
28' Pato
40' Yebda
68' Hamsik
83' Lavezzi

GG Shogun

Decent game, we both started off weary of each other. My defense I felt was pretty good even though you dropped 3 on me. Every time you came into my half I was poking the ball out, you just happened to get it back each time. I must have blocked at least 4 or 5 shots in the penalty box with my defenders. The one nice finesse shot from outside you scored was so aggravating..... Silva was right there and couldn't block you and my keeper almost had it as well. This is the first game where Zambrotta was a weakness as well.

Yeah was a good match and I couldn't believe how many shots from close range you managed to block! pretty impressive defending at times. Was a little bit pissed to concede from a header but thankfully this time after squaring things up I manged to weather a bit of a storm and score a couple on the counter.

Question:

Just to be sure so I can approach my next match in the right way are we using the standard league goal difference format or are we using the proper Champions league rules? Makes a difference you see when two teams have equal points.

sneaky77

Shogun PaiN said:
Yeah was a good match and I couldn't believe how many shots from close range you managed to block! pretty impressive defending at times. Was a little bit pissed to concede from a header but thankfully this time after squaring things up I manged to weather a bit of a storm and score a couple on the counter.

Question:

Just to be sure so I can approach my next match in the right way are we using the standard league goal difference format or are we using the proper Champions league rules? Makes a difference you see when two teams have equal points.

I'll post it here:
UEFA Champions League group stage Tie Breakers: 1. Head to head points, 2. Head to head goal difference, 3. Away goals between tied teams, 4. Goal difference, 5. Goals scored

ShogunX

sneaky77 said:
I'll post it here:
UEFA Champions League group stage Tie Breakers: 1. Head to head points, 2. Head to head goal difference, 3. Away goals between tied teams, 4. Goal difference, 5. Goals scored

Ok so If I draw my next match putting me on 8 points along with Tim (Man City) our results have been the following -

Man City 1 - 2 Napoli

Napoli 0 - 1 Man City

Would that mean I would progress due to Tie breaker 3?

sneaky77

Shogun PaiN said:
Ok so If I draw my next match putting me on 8 points along with Tim (Man City) our results have been the following -

Man City 1 - 2 Napoli

Napoli 0 - 1 Man City

Would that mean I would progress due to Tie breaker 3?

yea

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Yes, Sneaky77 said he was getting on around 7:30, which means I should be getting on by 8:00. I'm in it to win it, just ask ShallNoiseUpon.

I already have my 9-0-1 formation ready

Magicked

Awesome Animals said:
Omg we just lost power and then it came back on. Do I need to forfeit?

We were almost done with the first half (at 44 minutes), so we can just play the 1st half again. Too bad I can't get a replay of my goal. :)

I mean, we can play 1 more half and pretend it's the second.

Magicked

Awesome Animals said:
Jumping on for an hour to get a game in?

Shit, I just signed on to play you and the wife calls. I have to go pick her up from work (her ride home got really sick or something). If you're still around when I get back we'll play. Hopefully only 30 minutes or so.

Magicked said:
Shit, I just signed on to play you and the wife calls. I have to go pick her up from work (her ride home got really sick or something). If you're still around when I get back we'll play. Hopefully only 30 minutes or so.
Hopefully I'll be on :)

ijm72

For some reason I thought I was done with my games but I guess I still have 1 more game to go so just let me know when you will available Shogun.

Magicked

Fuck this game so fucking much. I made a perfectly clean slide tackle with Pique in the 56th minute and the ref blows a foul, then gives him a red card. WHAT THE FUCK? I was so fucking mad (still am) that I just stopped playing. Fuck this.

I'm glad you won though AA. I will never put this game in the drive again.

Edit: Doesn't matter. Either way I'm out.

Magicked said:
Fuck this game so fucking much. I made a perfectly clean slide tackle with Pique in the 56th minute and the ref blows a foul, then gives him a red card. WHAT THE FUCK? I was so fucking mad (still am) that I just stopped playing. Fuck this.

I'm glad you won though AA. I will never put this game in the drive again.

Edit: Doesn't matter. Either way I'm out.

That freekick for you outside the box was Messi running into Dunne. But I feel your pain, that is the way my night has gone in H2H. I felt lucky to get this win.

Sneaky77, you and I are the only game left to be played in Group A, but it doesn't need to be played. No matter the outcome you have first place, and I'll have second.

Magicked

Awesome Animals said:
That freekick for you outside the box was Messi running into Dunne. But I feel your pain, that is the way my night has gone in H2H. I felt lucky to get this win.

Yea, but he didn't even get a card, did he? I also remember a foul on Messi in the box where whoever made the tackle clipped his leg, but there was no PK. This game is just so frustrating. I couldn't even save a replay of the red card tackle. A game changing event isn't even put in the highlights? Whichever division of EA in charge of this game must be made of fucking interns.

Top Bottom